Clément Lenglet (loaned to Atletico)

Birdy

Same happened with Umtiti, with a termination option which we have exercised.
It is essentially pre-arrangement for terminating his contract and how is the money is going to be paid.
Most likely he is going on loan this year and contract will be terminated next summer but he will be continued to be paid until 2028.

If there is a termination option, and its unilateral, then yes it makes sense
If not, it's absolutely horrible deal despite the wage reduction, because it makes Lenglet a problem for an additional two years, essentially stressing into the next president's term like Don AK said.
Something Bartomeu did with the notorious criminal renewals, and the problems like FDJ are still with us 4 years later

I don't see any report of a termination clause so far.

JamDav1982

False.. never 'criminal' renewals.. just bluster from Laporta and ignored by players... shock.. came to nothing.

If they gave Frenkie his freedom letter he would go.. they wont.

Birdy

Frenkie won't go with freedom letter.
He wants to fleece the club up to the last penny of the criminal deal he manipulated the idiot in charge to sign.

FACTS

JamDav1982

He wants to fleece the club up to the last penny of the criminal deal he manipulated the idiot in charge to sign.

FACTS

Nah he would go.. club wont take it as know how important he is.

Fake news on 'criminal deal'.. hence why they did nothing about it and players/agents did not react.

ajnotkeith

FACTS
I think he'd happily go given he can receive a massive wage elsewhere. As a free transfer he'll have offers from every top club I would imagine.

Masetro10

We need Frenkie actually. Even if he has been a jack of all trades master of none player. I can see a vision in a double pivot where he is used as a runner box to box with Gavi used as the ball winner.

Pedri and Olmo as a 10 and inverted LW pseudo 10. Balde holding width. Kounde sitting back covering FDJs space. Yamal wide right. Ter Stegen letting in 2 goals.

Sounds good to me

Saladin

We need Frenkie actually. Even if he has been a jack of all trades master of none player. I can see a vision in a double pivot where he is used as a runner box to box with Gavi used as the ball winner.

Pedri and Olmo as a 10 and inverted LW pseudo 10. Balde holding width. Kounde sitting back covering FDJs space. Yamal wide right. Ter Stegen letting in 2 goals.

Sounds good to me
You had a decent train of thought and went full 'fuck it, it's Barca and we're gonna get buttfucked again' :D

El Ilusionista

🚨🔴⚪️ Clement Lenglet to Atlético Madrid, here we go!

Understand Lenglet will EXTEND his contract at Barcelona for one more year until 2027 and leave on straight loan.

NO buy option, Atlético will pay main part of the salary.

Medical tests also booked. ✅

- @FabrizioRomano

Porque

🚨🔴⚪️ Clement Lenglet to Atlético Madrid, here we go!

Understand Lenglet will EXTEND his contract at Barcelona for one more year until 2027 and leave on straight loan.

NO buy option, Atlético will pay main part of the salary.

Medical tests also booked. ✅

- @FabrizioRomano

Similar to when they extended Joao to lower his salary on the books and then loaned to us.

Hopefully Chelsea come and overpay next year, in exchange for one of their 50 players chaps :cool:

Windhook

Chelsea's tactics are sign the best young prospects out there, loan them and see who's performing well.

Lenglet is nowhere near this conversation.

jamrock

At this rate we might as well keep him, Araujo and Christensen are permanently injured.

Garcia is Garcia, I trust him 10x more than Garcia.

Leaves us with Martinez and Cubarsi.

M3ls

Omg, again loan

His contract was until June 2026

Salary 12 million euros

12 + 12 = 24

They extended his contract to 27 years.

It turns out that now his salary is 24/3 = 8 million euros?

Home of Barca Fans