Clément Lenglet (loaned to Atletico)

PhilS

Jackpot! Adding both Arthur and Lenglet in one transfer period, two real Barca guys, what an excellent transfer window!

clemente

Lenglet's IQ is better than Umtiti and IMO till the end of season he will be our starter over Umtiti

Are you kidding me... Higher IQ than Umtiti, what is this shite, go watch some game like 6-1 PSG where Umtiti was playing at his best and tell me how is it even possible to have higher IQ than him.

Barcilliant

We could play three man defense with Pique, Lenglet and Umtiti.

My only issue with that is the lack of pace from Pique and Lenglet.

xXKonan

When it comes to Umtiti, I wouldn't mind him getting some additional vacation for the sake of his health.

He admitted that he still didn't feel right after he came back from injury which played a part in his poor form. Hell during the World cup he was having problems with his right knee and getting constant knocks and the day after games he had to train alone off to the side and I think he even wore a special brace for the rest of the WC.

Richard.H

He has looked absolute class in the friendlies. I am getting excited to see a Umtiti-Lenglet pairing next season.

Joan

[tw]1025798016819593216[/tw]

[tw]1025802465180930048[/tw]

How do you feel in your first days on the job?

Lenglet: “I’m very happy. This is my first time in the U.S. and being on such a big tour against top teams.

Have you spoken with Valverde?

Lenglet: “Yes, right now we’re focused on improving myself overall and adapting to the Barça style as quickly and easy as possible.”

Is it difficult adapting to the Barça style?

Lenglet: “It’s very different. There’s much more space on the turn. You must know where the ball will come from and where to pass next. It’s interesting because it makes you grow. It’s difficult but I knew that when I signed.”

The challenge doesn’t scare you?

Lenglet: “Absolutely not. I’m very happy to have such an experience and I’m fortunate to play under a very tactical coach that makes the players better.”

The competition will be stiff.

Lenglet: “I know. Umtiti, Pique, Vermaelen, Mina, Marlon... Lots of players in our position but I’m here to fight for my minutes and play. If I don’t play much, I’ll look at my teammates to learn because they have top level experience.”

Tell us about your teammates.

Lenglet: “Well the whole world knows Pique. He’s class and he’s won everything. He has incredible experience, can play out of the back whether it’s short or long, anticipates well and heads the ball well. I could say the same for everyone else too.”

Umtiti?

Lenglet: “I haven’t played with him yet but I’ve watched him plenty because he used to play for Lyon. He’s very strong, calm on the ball, heads well and he’s also won a lot.”

Vermaelen?

Lenglet: “He’s a player with wealth of experience at a top club like Arsenal.”

Yerry Mina?

Lenglet: “Mina is very tall and strong. He had a great World Cup scoring three goals. He’s great with his head and that, for a centre back, is huge.”

Do you see yourself as a starter?

Lenglet: *laughs* “You’ll have to ask the ‘mister’.”

When did you find out about Barça’s interest in you?

Lenglet: “In December, through a Sport article. There wasn’t any direct contact until the end of the season when my representative told me the possibility of joining Barça existed.”

What’s going through your head?

Lenglet: “I’m very proud. Barcelona is not just any other club. Barça is a top club that works very hard and different from the rest.”

Did you ever doubt moving?

Lenglet: “Truthfully I was very happy in Sevilla. The people, my teammates, the fans. They gave me a lot and it was difficult to decide for a few days.”

It’s a dream to play at the Camp Nou?

Lenglet: “Yes it’s a dream. It’s what everyone wants as a kid, to play for Barcelona, Man. United or any top, top club.”

A lot of players that sign for Barça say they were fans since youth.

Lenglet: ”For me, I loved football. Because I had many idols like Ronaldinho for Barça, Zidane for Madrid. I favored PSG a little more because I lived close to Paris, but I always enjoyed the best.”

I’m guessing you’re eager to work with Messi.

Lenglet: “Yes, he’s a legend. I will learn a lot from him and that will help me grow. Although I will suffer against him a lot in training.“

At least you won’t face Messi during matches.

Lenglet: “Luckily, because I’ve suffered against him enough, more than any other player. Now he’ll tortue other defenders. If you mark him there will still be other players like Suarez, Cout or any others. They’re unstoppable.”

Possible debut v.s. Sevilla?

Lenglet: “If I play it will be special. But now I’m at Barça, *touches badge*, I’ll give give everything for the shirt to win. When I left Sevilla I wished my teammates the best but against them, I’d be out to win.”

It will be the first trophy to win, but not the last. At Barça, they try to win them all.

Lenglet: “It’s a normal demand for such a big club and that’s why I signed for them. To challenge and win everything. We’ll try to win as many trophies as possible.”

At 18, you rejected Juventus. Why?

Lenglet: “It wasn’t the right time. I’ve only played six months the 2nd division with Nancy. I was too young to be competing with Bonucci, Chiellini and Barzagli. I would’ve been on the bench a lot. Now I’m more experienced and confident.”

I'm fond of this guy, really am. Such a likable person and very honest.

He admits it was his dream to play for a big club when he was a child, not necessarily Barca and that he preferred PSG since they were close to him.

Danic

I dont see how u can bench him. This will be an interesting battle between him and pique. Time is playing for Lenglet though.

Home of Barca Fans