Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 15 16.1%
  • Other - specify

Votes: 54 58.1%

• Total voters

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
There will of course always be exceptions, but as a rule of thumb I would stick with an old manager and hope that he adapts as opposed to picking a new manager and hope that he adapts. With Moyes for example, United have made progress, Mata and Kagawa have finally started linking up and United are beginning to cut down on the hoofball, now they just need to become good at it. Maybe it's just because I like Tata as a person, but I do feel that with a summer break and the chance to (hopefully) improve the squad as he sees fit and all that he can learn from his mistakes and adapt. But maybe that's the optimist in me, he has indeed been tormented by the media, I could see why he wouldn't want to continue in such a toxic environment. I just don't like cycling through managers and all the pressure that's involved and how the players have to adapt every time, especially with Valdes and Puyol both intending on leaving...

I like Tata as a person too, never lost my respect for him.

I just feel that the coach who should be given more time is the coach with the vision to build something. Charismatic, visionary, authoritative, likely young. Tata had the ideas to build or change, but his execution was poor and he fell into the ditch. Now with our players simply acting like individuals (Messi, Alves, Neymar, Pique) or not being under control, there's nothing left for him here. His tenure has gone toxic and he himself seems unmotivated to continue.

He'd be better off at a small club or if a big club, somewhere like Inter. Less media pressure, less unspoken restriction to playing a certain way, more room for him to work his thing and gel with his squad rather than clash with them.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
He even changed his tactics and played a very counter attacking style today

Everton play counter attacking very frequently, especially against actually good teams. And it wasn't like it was a brilliant tactical performance, their strategy was a) hoof it to Naismith and Lukaku and hope they do something or b) let Coleman and Barkley run for 50 yards and hope they do something.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
De Boer :cry:

3udyjk.jpg

He's still clearly a smart tactician but it's not so easy to be sure about him after a 5-1 loss in a cup final. Things aren't looking all that good for us right now, praying the Pep has some sort of row with the Bayern board.

I

instinct

Go for Conte. He is a great motivator and also very close to the players. He seems to be the last good option.

I

instinct

Is Jorge Sampaoli an option? Chile played some pretty great football against Germany a few months ago and they are a very good team in general. I like their pressing. What do you think?

Cule4life

The Culest
Is Jorge Sampaoli an option? Chile played some pretty great football against Germany a few months ago and they are a very good team in general. I like their pressing. What do you think?

Sounds like a poor mans Klopp. The current squad cant cope with that

F

Flavia

There will of course always be exceptions, but as a rule of thumb I would stick with an old manager and hope that he adapts as opposed to picking a new manager and hope that he adapts. With Moyes for example, United have made progress, Mata and Kagawa have finally started linking up and United are beginning to cut down on the hoofball, now they just need to become good at it. Maybe it's just because I like Tata as a person, but I do feel that with a summer break and the chance to (hopefully) improve the squad as he sees fit and all that he can learn from his mistakes and adapt. But maybe that's the optimist in me, he has indeed been tormented by the media, I could see why he wouldn't want to continue in such a toxic environment. I just don't like cycling through managers and all the pressure that's involved and how the players have to adapt every time, especially with Valdes and Puyol both intending on leaving...

There's no point in persisting in something that was clearly a mistake. Barça would waste another season.

De Boer :cry:

3udyjk.jpg

He's still clearly a smart tactician but it's not so easy to be sure about him after a 5-1 loss in a cup final. Things aren't looking all that good for us right now, praying the Pep has some sort of row with the Bayern board.

Aren't there rumors that Bayern's board isn't particularly happy with Pep? I believe Pep recently said in an interview that he'll leave if they don't want him, or something along those lines.

Seriously, Pep would be a dream. I'd take him back without a second thought if he were to leave (which, realistically, won't happen :cry:).

Jägermeister

Aren't there rumors that Bayern's board isn't particularly happy with Pep? I believe Pep recently said in an interview that he'll leave if they don't want him, or something along those lines.

Seriously, Pep would be a dream. I'd take him back without a second thought if he were to leave (which, realistically, won't happen :cry:).

He said "I am here to help. If the club does not want that: shake hands, no problem for me."

A bit earlier: "Then maybe they will say: thank you Pep, but we change our coach. Then I´ll go back home."

Last edited:

DennyCrane

Aren't there rumors that Bayern's board isn't particularly happy with Pep?

Not really, unless of course the silverware doesn't roll in which case we will see the talk about "Pep is awesome, possession is the way to go" quickly shift into "Pep sucks, they fuck around with the ball too much."

At the moment, the only one deeply concerned is Sammer because there's too much harmony in the team - something that causes an immediate gag reflex with the guy. Also, warning about something (only) he perceives as an immediate danger or sounding notes of caution for fun is how Sammer spends his leisure time. I wouldn't read too much into it tbh.

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
I don't think Frank de Boer is ready to be a Barça-manager yet. In big games, Ajax has often lucked out. They looked clueless against high-pressing opposition, and Ajax did not fare well in the European cups, despite them getting decent draws. He also has a tendency to put players in the wrong position (Schöne as a cdm, Sigthorsson as a lw, Janssen as a cdm), though he usually sorts this out in time. De Boer is still an inexperienced manager, and even though I like him, I think the step from Ajax, a team in a second-tier league, to Barça will be to difficult for him. In a couple of years he might be capable, though.

That said, I'm not sure who I'd want to be our next manager. Pep won't return this soon, Rodgers is unlikely, Klopp might be too much of a counter-orientated tactician, Van Gaal might be too strict and unpopular with the press....Ronald Koeman did a great job at Feyenoord, and he's a Barça legend.....but he failed miserably at Valencia a couple of years ago. Bielsa is too dogmatic, Martinez has never managed a top team. Luis Enrique failed at Roma.....I don't see a better realistic option than Van Gaal or Koeman, sadly enough. Am I missing someone?

I don't think Frank de Boer is ready to be a Barça-manager yet. In big games, Ajax has often lucked out. They looked clueless against high-pressing opposition, and Ajax did not fare well in the European cups, despite them getting decent draws. He also has a tendency to put players in the wrong position (Schöne as a cdm, Sigthorsson as a lw, Janssen as a cdm), though he usually sorts this out in time. De Boer is still an inexperienced manager, and even though I like him, I think the step from Ajax, a team in a second-tier league, to Barça will be to difficult for him. In a couple of years he might be capable, though.

That said, I'm not sure who I'd want to be our next manager. Pep won't return this soon, Rodgers is unlikely, Klopp might be too much of a counter-orientated tactician, Van Gaal might be too strict and unpopular with the press....Ronald Koeman did a great job at Feyenoord, and he's a Barça legend.....but he failed miserably at Valencia a couple of years ago. Bielsa is too dogmatic, Martinez has never managed a top team. Luis Enrique failed at Roma.....I don't see a better realistic option than Van Gaal or Koeman, sadly enough. Am I missing someone?

Villa Boas?

Home of Barca Fans