• Ernesto Valverde

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 15 16.1%
  • Other - specify

Votes: 54 58.1%

• Total voters

xavi_the_Boss

Valverde about possibility of training Barca: "You're asking me just like that, without anesthetic? No, of course not. The answer is no" [marca]

He said "no" twice, just to be sure everyone understood :lol:

Maybe he will change his mind if Bilbao doesn´t get a CL place.

I

instinct

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!

FC Barcelona has appointed the new manager to replace current manager Gerardo ''Tata'' Martino. The new manager already signed a 3-year contract which includes a 7m/year salary. He has already arrived in Barcelona to watch the players train to get a first impression.

Here is a picture to proove it:

BlqiyqfCUAIR4sM.jpg

:pep:

DennyCrane

De Boer :cry:

He's still clearly a smart tactician but it's not so easy to be sure about him after a 5-1 loss in a cup final. Things aren't looking all that good for us right now, praying the Pep has some sort of row with the Bayern board.

De Boer is a capable option for the future - post 2016. Because leaving aside all similarities in playing philosophy or tactical intricacies, this board won't let anyone near this club who is a friend of - or who can be influenced - by Cruyff.

Last edited:

serghei

Being demolished by Zwolle and Salzburg doesn't sound promising to me. There are better options than De Boer out there.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
People are missing the big picture with the manager situation.

Tata might not be the manager of the future for Barcelona, but this team won as much as it was going to win regardless of the manager. I doubt any other manager out there, even Guardiola, would have been able to win more with this team as it presently stands. They might have played differently, but I doubt they would have won more. It simply is no longer a great team. It is still a good competitive team, but it is no longer the great team it was 3 years ago.

The team simply needs better players. Getting a new manager and not solving the player problem is far worse than keeping the manager and just getting him new players. Therefore the imperative need is getting new talent, not going crazy looking for a new manager.

Doesn't mean an upgrade at manager is out of the question, but it must be a clear upgrade supported by a clear vision and plan. Does the team have that? I don't see it.

DennyCrane

People are missing the big picture with the manager situation.

Tata might not be the manager of the future for Barcelona, but this team won as much as it was going to win regardless of the manager. I doubt any other manager out there, even Guardiola, would have been able to win more with this team as it presently stands. They might have played differently, but I doubt they would have won more. It simply is no longer a great team. It is still a good competitive team, but it is no longer the great team it was 3 years ago.

The team simply needs better players. Getting a new manager and not solving the player problem is far worse than keeping the manager and just getting him new players. Therefore the imperative need is getting new talent, not going crazy looking for a new manager.

Doesn't mean an upgrade at manager is out of the question, but it must be a clear upgrade supported by a clear vision and plan. Does the team have that? I don't see it.

I won't argue with any of this, in fact I agree with it. Most people including myself, probably took it for granted that Martino will leave more or less by his own volition based on what he said recently about how he assesses his own efforts.

Sadly, the way you outlined isn't the way businessman make decisions. For them, it will be a question of whether the coach is maintainable primarily before the members, secondarily before the supporters so the decision doesn't reflect badly on the top floor. The only thing that is a merit to them is silverware, so unless Tata wins the league which is already improbable enough, he has nada y niente to present in his favour to El Barto and the gang; especially when the administration is hellbent on claiming that the squad is complete, when the intention is clealy to shift the guilt. Players win, coaches lose - it has always been that way.

The line between what is perceived as success or failure is thin: Currently, the team is 4 games and six points away from equalling the point total of the 08/09 season, this year this will most likely not be enough. And when you think about the past, it becomes apparent that we beat Chelsea in 2009 with a lucky punch. When it comes down to it, it's more or less random stuff like this which separates a treble season from one where you end up with nothing. Point being: This board and Pep in 08/09 and assumed he wouldn't win anything or only the Copa - they'd sack him.

Still, the decision will be based on it. They'll look out for a coach who vaguely fulfills the required profile, doesn't stir too much of a ruckus and who can be justified on his past merits. Then they'll throw a few new players in the mix (unless we're banned) and hope that something positive comes out of it.

Last edited:

serghei

Some underestimate the importance of a great manager. Watch United. Last year they won the title with the same players. This year they're a mess. With Atletico is the same, if Simeone leaves them, they will be fighting for the number 4 spot next year. Klopp, another example. If he is no longer at Dortmund, that beautiful team will fall.

Executives buy players, managers build teams, players play.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Some underestimate the importance of a great manager. Watch United. Last year they won the title with the same players. This year they're a mess. With Atletico is the same, if Simeone leaves them, they will be fighting for the number 4 spot next year. Klopp, another example. If he is no longer at Dortmund, that beautiful team will fall.

Executives buy players, managers build teams, players play.
That something Tata wasn't allowed to do under the circumstances he was hired and comparing us to United is atrocious we are no where near as bad plus our rivals have strengthened while our only addition was Neymar after the loss of Villa and Thiago

serghei

That something Tata wasn't allowed to do under the circumstances he was hired and comparing us to United is atrocious we are no where near as bad plus our rivals have strengthened while our only addition was Neymar after the loss of Villa and Thiago

He did make a few managerial decisions, which turned out to be detrimental to the team. No one was compairing today's United with Barcelona.

Home of Barca Fans