• Ernesto Valverde

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 15 16.1%
  • Other - specify

Votes: 54 58.1%

• Total voters

Antimadridista1

Rudi Garcia is my favorite. The best we can get right now, IMO.

Hugely over-rated. People didn't even know that he existed before he joined ASRoma last summer.
In France he's considered as a good coach but never as a favorite for the job at Barcelona… Arsene Wenger is also a very very good option if you want to take the best french coach.

L

linetty

Hugely over-rated. People didn't even know that he existed before he joined ASRoma last summer.
In France he's considered as a good coach but never as a favorite for the job at Barcelona… Arsene Wenger is also a very very good option if you want to take the best french coach.
People also didnt know Pep before he was appointed as Barcelona's manager. He may be overrated but is still a better option than Arsene Wenger.

I personally prefer Luis Enrique

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
Rudi Garcia has made Roma a well-organised team, but I don't think he's an exceptional manager. I don't see why Luis Enrique would be a better choice, though. Being a former Barça player won't magically make him the manager we need. I fear he would be another possession-hogger for a manager.

At least Rudi made Roma work....Luis Enrique failed there. Why would he be good enough for Barça, then?

We need a coach with guts and vision. I'd rather have a narcissist dictator (Van Gaal) than another manager without the skills needed to get us back to our best. Otherwise we could just keep Tata.

Last edited:

jamjamjam

i don't understand the sudden clamor for rudi garcia either. luis enrique will probably lead to more stagnation

if these are the options i hope tata stays

Antimadridista1

Have you seen what he did in Lille? That was incredible.
So far he is a very successful coach. How is he overrated?

Yes, actually I live in Paris and follow la Ligue 1 for years and I can't tell you that Rudi Garcia is not good enough for the job. Eden Hazard was the one doing the job at Lille, with Rudi Garcia being a "good" coach, no more. Anyways, he won't coach our team next season.
To me Tata is better than Rudi Garcia. We shouldn't forget all the "good" things that Tata did this season, particularly in the first part of the season and the games against the likes of ManCity and Real Madrid.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Yes, actually I live in Paris and follow la Ligue 1 for years and I can't tell you that Rudi Garcia is not good enough for the job. Eden Hazard was the one doing the job at Lille, with Rudi Garcia being a "good" coach, no more. Anyways, he won't coach our team next season.
To me Tata is better than Rudi Garcia. We shouldn't forget all the "good" things that Tata did this season, particularly in the first part of the season and the games against the likes of ManCity and Real Madrid.

That was the players not Tata its only his doing when we lose

DrPepper

Why do people want Luis Enrique as new Barca manager? The only reason why he is linked with us is because of his past. Other than that, the only thing he has achieved in his managerial career so far has been failing at Roma. Same with Frank De Boer really, even though he is better than Enrique. But you shouldn't be losing 1-5 in a cup final or 1-6 on aggregate against Salzburg. If you want to play the Guardiola way and not change anything - or very little -, then any manager other than Guardiola himself will be a failure, or a copy that will never get as good as the original.

I'd actually like Martino to stay and have a transfer window to buy the players he needs. Team building is a very important skill for a good manager, and even tactically I think he is good enough. Provided the board and the players have faith in him and let him do what he feels to be right, of course. He has proved to be able to adapt when coaching Paraguay, who were very good defensively by the way. And when we started playing with quicker transitions and more counter-attacking elements (first half of the season) we were pretty good and on top of La Liga. But then players started to complain it seems...

But if he needs to go, I would want to see Roberto Martinez or Mauricio Pochettino. They play with very good counterpressing, but are able to adapt without changing much of their philosophies. Rudi Garcia could be good too. Roma rarely concede goals, and if I remember correctly they conceded just 1 goal in their first 10 matches, which is incredible. I really don't know how you can say he isn't a good manager and at the same time want Luis Enrique or even Arsene Wenger. If the latter comes (of course he won't), prepare to lose every match against top opposition by 0-6 or 1-5.

raskolnikov

Basically only Pep is qualified enough to lead us trough darkness. All other choices are bad or mediocre at best.

onzeXI

I kind of like Tata, but if he doesn't come back, I like Martinez.
clear.png
He is imaginative, plays flowing, aggressive football, and seems to be very good at analyzing an opponent before and during games to attack their weaknesses. Plus is very positive and a good communicator.

Rudy Garcia plays Serie A conservative football. He doesn't have a Barca mentality.

Klopp would be an interesting choice but in the likely even that he doesn't come, maybe he could send Lewandowski. ;)

Home of Barca Fans