Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Michael Laudrup

Votes: 15 16.1%
  • Other - specify

Votes: 54 58.1%

• Total voters
I

instinct

Barça Players are relishing the possibility of Luis Enrique coaching them as they believe he is the right man to lead the team [Mundo Deportivo]

More posession for Xavi YEAAAH!

serghei

He seems successful but what managerial style does he have?

Style? He likes to play with a keeper and 10 field players.

Really, now, Don Andres, does it matter the style? Any coach works with the players he has. This so called style is a pretty empty term when it's used like that.

Mourinho was super-defensive at Chelsea, and yet he made his 2012 Real Madrid one of the most offensive teams in the history of La Liga. Now he has returned at Chelsea and he's defensive again. It's not the style, but rather the ability to know how can you make a specific team succesful.

Take Mourinho:

Porto - offensive
Chelsea - defensive
Inter - defensive
Real - offensive
Chelsea - defensive

We works with the team's DNA. That's how most great coaches work -- except a few ones, who have a very specific interpretation of the game (and those are usually the ones who coach few teams in their careers).

Guardiola could have never made Chelsea or Inter succesful IMO. And Mourinho could have never made Barcelona as succesful as Pep did.

Last edited:

Cule4life

The Culest
Style? He likes to play with a keeper and 10 field players.

Really, now, Don Andres, does it matter the style? Any coach works with the players he has. This so called style is a pretty empty term when it's used like that.

Mourinho was super-defensive at Chelsea, and yet he made his 2012 Real Madrid one of the most offensive teams in the history of La Liga. Now he has returned at Chelsea and he's defensive again. It's not the style, but rather the ability to know how can you make a specific team succesful.

Take Mourinho:

Porto - offensive
Chelsea - defensive
Inter - defensive
Real - offensive
Chelsea - defensive

We works with the team's DNA. That's how most great coaches work.

Guardiola could have never made Chelsea or Inter succesful IMO. And Mourinho could have never made Barcelona as succesful as Pep did.

:goodpost:

serghei

Every team that Guardiola will coach will start slowly to look like a Barcelona copy, because he isn't into just winning, he is a romantic above all, not a pragmatist. He should have been our Ferguson and he should have been allowed to build teams and, after a cycle of 4-5 years, the build them again and again, with new players. Make no mistake, Pep was the most important Blaugrana between 08-12. Not Messi, not Xavi, not Iniesta, but Guardiola. That team was his vision, and he's the only vision of football he has.

Bayern - Pep won't be a long marriage. I give it 2 years max.

Last edited:
I

instinct

And now some argentine reporters claim that Tata Martino will probably stay as manager of Barcelona #fcb

Antimadridista1

I wouldn't be upset if Tata stays. I think that he's a very good coach and he deserves to play at least one season with the players he wants. Let's see if he's given a second chance.

CatalinR10

I wouldn't be upset if Tata stays. I think that he's a very good coach and he deserves to play at least one season with the players he wants. Let's see if he's given a second chance.

He doesn't have balls to bench the players that don't deserve to start in the first 11.

Barcelona needs someone better than that .

Ursegor

World Champion
He doesn't have balls to bench the players that don't deserve to start in the first 11.

Barcelona needs someone better than that .

Doesn't make sense. He took off Iniesta against Atletico, Xavi against Athletic and even subbed off Messi at the beginning of the season.

The most likely alternative is de Boer. 40 year old guy who is coaching a bunch of kids in a 3th rate league. Starting from scratch again will be fun:

"Hi guise, I'm Dutch. We gunna rock DAT Cruyffian principle football together."
"Pique, Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas, Neymar, Messi. OMG, all DOSE stars, what could possibly go wrong?"

"Ok guise, my players at Ajax run a bit more than you guys."

"Guise?"

Messi 6.8 km.

Xavi: "I'm happy for your tactics and let you finish but 80 % possession is the best tactics of all time."

Mascherano: "5 ft. midget reporting in. Yes, I'm your first choice defender."

Zubi: "Bartra is gunna be great when he's 27. U no happy with DAT squad?"

Frank-de-Boer-3_2835384.jpg

I

instinct

If De Boer comes we all should pray that we don't have to play against Zwolle in the CL.

Home of Barca Fans