Confederations Cup 2013 - Final: Brazil 3-0 Spain

Meitux

Poor sportmanship from Spain and Uruguay, why demolish such a weak opponent?
They just played their game,what would you want? scoring 2 goals and then just pass it around?,i think it would be more disrespectfull as this would show that they really dont take them seriously

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
They just played their game,what would you want? scoring 2 goals and then just pass it around?,i think it would be more disrespectfull as this would show that they really dont take them seriously

There are two views on this, i'm strongly with MoFrobo.

suckabov

Lemon curry?

Agree, I think it would be rather arrogant of Spain to treat Tahiti like a non-serious opponent. I don't think Tahiti would have liked being treated like a child. Plus they aren't naive, they know how good a team Spain is and probably dient expect to stand a chance. Looked like they appreciated being part of the whole thing and thoroughly enjoyed every game.

BerkeleyBernie

Agree, I think it would be rather arrogant of Spain to treat Tahiti like a non-serious opponent. I don't think Tahiti would have liked being treated like a child. Plus they aren't naive, they know how good a team Spain is and probably dient expect to stand a chance. Looked like they appreciated being part of the whole thing and thoroughly enjoyed every game.

I agree as well. Tahiti wasn't untalented, just no tactical intelligence on how to link up against organized professionals. Their players were isolated in attack, and tried to take on the entire defense alone. Probably figured it was worth trying- if by some miracle they got through and scored, it would be the crowning achievement of their footballing careers, so what the hell?

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
In addition to playing regular, 11 vs. 11 soccer, our team (not all of us obviously) also participates in a 6v6 indoor league in the winter. The gulf in competition there is massive, we're a rec team and not the best one out there, while the other teams are all select. We won one game (against a team who were like us but worse) and our worst defeat was 21-0. However, there is nothing, nothing more frustrating than a team, having scored around 6 goals, just stop trying, and play keep away. It's insulting; if we could win the ball from them, then I could see why they'd do that, but since we can't, they just have 100% possession. I would much rather pick the ball out of the goal countless times and get it on kickoff then chase around shadows for an entire game.

B

beautifulgame

Though two-goal hero Jordi Alba admitted, “it’s not normal that I score twice in a game,” adding, “I think it is the first time,” Del Bosque preferred to explain the reliance on his defender for goals by saying “this is the football we like. We are all defenders, we are all midfielders, we are all attackers.”

This is football now

PaCmAn

People whinging that Spain and Uruguay unsportsmanlike? Why is that? Tahiti are in confeds on merit correct? They know what they are in for? They are grown men on a football pitch playing football, not tiddlywinks.
What is Spain and Uruguay suppose to do? Score 1or 2 goals and then just pass the ball until final whistle?

PaCmAn

It's like if it was a basketball game, should one team stop over scoring and getting 3 pointers if other team is weak?

Galning

People whinging that Spain and Uruguay unsportsmanlike? Why is that? Tahiti are in confeds on merit correct? They know what they are in for? They are grown men on a football pitch playing football, not tiddlywinks.
What is Spain and Uruguay suppose to do? Score 1or 2 goals and then just pass the ball until final whistle?

:lol: this so much what the hell... It's competitive sport on the highest level.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Some people just don't like seeing teams get demolished double figures. It looks bad/embarassing.

Needless

XaviMessiGirl

There's a nice article I read a while back that explains well our opinion but I couldn't find it again the last time this discussion came up.

F

Flavia

I think both sides have good points. But to me it's worse if the other team stops attacking and just pass the ball around. The crowd sometimes even starts the olé chants when this happens. Which is more humiliating than a score of 10-0.

Home of Barca Fans