Copa 1/4 Final: Granada - FC Barcelona 3-5

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Had two big chances. Trincao missed one and created the other. If anything, he's been influential.

Sub on Dembele half time, I agree.

Said it in the Trincao thread , had a good start ( where as you said he created and missed our biggest chances) and then just disappeared after that.

Joan

Pedri has impressed me with a few of his actions today, but both him and Frenkie (and Busi) are taking up the wrong positions at the wrong time, for my liking.
I do not understand why Busquets has to go back in between or on the side of the cb:s. (space 0 they call it, making De Jong and Pedri marked and with their feet in the wrong direction in space 1 with no connection but to the wing backs, instead of in space 2, where Busquets is the best ever to find them)

Still an undeserved 0-1, and should be turned around with the same approach. With the right substitutes it could go easy, with the wrong subs it could be more of a gamble and Granada could even take over.

My guess would be to help the CBs out with the ball. Umtiti's passing is usually fine, but Araujo is a weak link.

Agree it does lots of harm in the middle of the pitch.

Neeraj

Sergi Roberto hasn't a missed a single beat since he's returned. That kind of intent in his back passing, you'd never have guessed he was out for this long. Unbelievable quality.

Bobo32

Did anyone spot what Griezmann did in 1-0? It should be an easy 10m pass to him for Umtiti, but did he not make himself available again? (I'm asking genuinely, did not look closely)
Busis pass to Griezmann was on the tough side, but Barcelona should be able to handle (and invite) two Granada players pressing near the corner

serghei

Ok. It's settled. Don't ever want to see Umtiti starting in an important game. Ever. Might as well sub him now.

Home of Barca Fans