• USA

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Horatio

You're welcome
Yeah you did. But to be fair it's no surprise to anyone that Darwin Nunez is an erratic and generally poor finisher, lol it's been the story of his time at Liverpool.

Pellistri is a more astute call and you deserve credit for it. Though he never impressed me when I watched him at club level anyway.

Wuss colombians claimed darwin delivers for uruguay hahaha. Feared facing uruguay from the start

Maradona37

Wuss colombians claimed darwin delivers for uruguay hahaha. Feared facing uruguay from the start
That's just football fans being pessimistic I think. I fancied Colombia to win. Uruguay are a decent team though.

I am not sure if the red card made things easier or harder for Uruguay. On one hand, it meant they had far more of the ball. On the other, it also meant Colombia basically went into bunker and counter-attack mode and denied the Uruguayans the space and high-press game they like to have or employ. Uruguay had to make the play and were found wanting. In fact Colombia had the best two chances in the second half (Suarez aside)

Horatio

You're welcome
That's just football fans being pessimistic I think. I fancied Colombia to win. Uruguay are a decent team though.

I am not sure if the red card made things easier or harder for Uruguay. On one hand, it meant they had far more of the ball. On the other, it also meant Colombia basically went into bunker and counter-attack mode and denied the Uruguayans the space and high-press game they like to have or employ. Uruguay had to make the play and were found wanting. In fact Colombia had the best two chances in the second half (Suarez aside)
Think plenty of chances arose for uruguay post red. Don’t remember big chances for them before the red. Suarez got close.

Just need to do better.

Maradona37

Think plenty of chances arose for uruguay post red. Don’t remember big chances for them before the red. Suarez got close.

Just need to do better.
That's what I mean though - BIG chances. They had plenty of the ball in and about the box, and some half-chances here and there that could have gone in. But other than Suarez hitting the post, they didn't create anything like the two missed Colombian chances which are one on ones in the box with the keeper.

You could say Nunez's chances in the first half were better than all of Uruguay's chances in the second, bar Suarez. That's what I mean by saying it probably would have suited Uruguay more had Colombia stayed at eleven and played their normal game, and allowed Uruguay to continue high-pressing and countering and exploiting space. Colombia brought on more defenders and starting closing off the space, protecting their lead, post the red. And that clearly hindered Uruguay's ability to create.

That's what i think anyway. It's just my opinion and others may see it differently.

snowy

Darwin could've scored 2 EZs if mem serves right but he couldn't adapt

Pistolero was in good position for a goal and assist but his colt jamm jammed like a goat in fine Scottish weather 🌧️

Final gonna b epic! Loco Colombianos play like they're possessed but bigG will enter Adamantine mode and palmstrike a manita :ninja:

Horatio

You're welcome
I feel like colombians shot themselves in the foot with their fans getting into altercation with the players.

I feel like uruguayans and argentinians are close and they will take this a bit personal. If argentina wins watch dibu say something like “this win is also for our friends with the uruguayan team”

soul24rage

I feel like colombians shot themselves in the foot with their fans getting into altercation with the players.

I feel like uruguayans and argentinians are close and they will take this a bit personal. If argentina wins watch dibu say something like “this win is also for our friends with the uruguayan team”
Uruguay and Argentina are rivals so they are not close.

Dibu will probably say "Mira como que te como hermano"

Home of Barca Fans