Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chainsaw

Killahead
Lionel Scaloni (Coach, Argentina) :

This Copa America final is definitely Di Maria's last match in Argentina's jersey.

But this is not the end of Messi. We put Messi in a big plan for Argentina in 2026 World Cup. I will sit with Messi after the Copa final. Even if he doesn't want to play, I will request him to go with the team at least to the 2026 World Cup, he still has a lot to give to the country.

1000007542.jpg

soul24rage

Canada vs Uruguay is happening for the 3rd placed match

Considering the fact that Aphonso Davies has only played less than a half in this match, Uruguay starting all their non-injured/suspended starters and this being Luis Suarez's probable last match, I'm surprised Uruguay isn't dominating much more.

Maybe Canada is not an easy opponent as people thought. Very happy that Suarez got a goal in this match.

Maradona37

I was asleep and didn't see the game (I was so tired at about 8.30 pm and felt much more refreshed when I woke at 4.05 am), but I don't believe in third-place play offs. Most of the time the losing semi-finalists would rather just go home. To be fair Croatia have taken it seriously in the few they have been in in the World Cup.

However, I am sure players in general aren't really up for it. Good for fans though as it in extra game to watch, and it's true that players can play without fear or pressure.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Happy for Uruguay and Suarez.

Pretty sure that bronze medal will shine more brightly for them after few years.

FiReFTW

Lionel Scaloni (Coach, Argentina) :

This Copa America final is definitely Di Maria's last match in Argentina's jersey.

But this is not the end of Messi. We put Messi in a big plan for Argentina in 2026 World Cup. I will sit with Messi after the Copa final. Even if he doesn't want to play, I will request him to go with the team at least to the 2026 World Cup, he still has a lot to give to the country.

View attachment 10560
Anyone could have written that, where is Scaloni actually saying that on video?

KingLeo10

Is this true? Fucking hell, what a joke:

I'm an American and firmly believe football should be kept away from this country.

There is a LOT of money in sports here due to the massive corporations, shameless commercialization and ads and what not (if you think EPL is rich, just look at what the NFL brings in). NFL TV rights are 110 billion over 10 years compared to 10 billion for EPL over 4 years or something lol.

If football makes an effort to come to America, America will end up ruining it permanently with shit like this.

Maradona37

I'm an American and firmly believe football should be kept away from this country.

There is a LOT of money in sports here due to the massive corporations, shameless commercialization and ads and what not (if you think EPL is rich, just look at what the NFL brings in). NFL TV rights are 110 billion over 10 years compared to 10 billion for EPL over 4 years or something lol.

If football makes an effort to come to America, America will end up ruining it permanently with shit like this.
True mate, ads and all the stoppages bollocks that go on in NFL put me off watching it. I tried watching it a few years ago on a recommendation, and it actually was exciting when gameplay was going on, but there were so many stoppages, ad breaks, commercial bollocks. It's the same when I watched NBA - interesting sport but constant stop-start.

As you say, football is not conducive to that type of thing - it has to be continuous over two halves of 45 minutes. It can't be stop-start as flow of the game is so important. Look what happens when a game is broken up by fouls. If the Americans get their claws into the game they will ruin it as you say, and I fear it might happen.

Also, 110 billion over 10 years? Christ, that is insane money. If you think about it, the EPL and football clubs are actually small fry when you consider what Walmart, Amazon, Apple and so forth are worth.

Let's hope the second half isn't affected with this extra 10 mins in the break.

Last edited:

Maradona37

Got my afternoon nap, will be ready to watch the final :)
I have been awake since 4 am after sleeping at 8.30 pm Saturday night. No nap for me - I am worried I will sleep through and miss the Euro final lol. Anyway, it is 3.25 pm now and I have to stay awake another 12 hours to see both Euro and Copa. It will mean I will have been awake approx 24 hours if the Copa goes to penalties. Doable.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I have been awake since 4 am after sleeping at 8.30 pm Saturday night. No nap for me - I am worried I will sleep through and miss the Euro final lol. Anyway, it is 3.25 pm now and I have to stay awake another 12 hours to see both Euro and Copa. It will mean I will have been awake approx 24 hours if the Copa goes to penalties. Doable.

Can't miss Messi's last final.

I know he might feature in '26, particularly as it's held in US, but realistically this is the last one.

Iniesta Ultra

Take another nap after euros and set your alarm.

I'ts only 8am for me right now in California.

Home of Barca Fans