Votes: 0 0.0%
  • USA

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Maradona37

No idea how I am still awake. I was nodding off during the game but managed to see all of second half of extra time and the goal.

Horatio

You're welcome
This game was fascinating from psyxhological standpoint. Colombi didnt know what to do and it ate them up knowing this argentina is not even the strongest. Argentina crazy mentality + dibu
Also adding to this: Argentina was one to create biggest chances even though they were not playing their best game. Also adding to the pressure of colombia

Also: argentina had to lower the tempo of the game to what they suited first. They also made sure not to move up to quick as allow colombia space to pass and move pass and move like they did against other teams. They became more static and quickly realized they dont have a plan against this.

soul24rage

They're still going to be a force in the WC 2026 with this kind of mentality and spirit.
This has been the last tournament for some players and there are better younger players imo.

If Scaloni stays, the WC26 squad should be the really strong to be favorites. It depends on Messi too of course. Di Maria's clutchness will be solely missed, but it's the right time for him to retire.

Maradona37

Like I said the other day as well - what's really impressive about Argentina is their fight.

We all love to see great passing, movement and football, and they can do that. But consistently in these last three tournaments, Argentina have faced adversity in games and battled and shown a good mentality to get over the line. Other teams would have crumbled and been despondent after France forced extra time despite Argentina being 2-0 up late on. But they rallied and managed to get over the line. Likewise after the first game, the loss against Saudi - they rallied and succeeded under pressure, beating Mexico and Poland.

Before that, they went to Brazil and beat their big rivals on home soil to start this run of trophies off.

They have really good players for sure, but as a group they're not as talented as Spain 2008-2012 for me. But they have fight and spirit, and battle for each other when the chips are down.

Sometimes that matters a lot in football, even though we love beautiful play - that ability to stand up and be counted for your team-mates. They have plenty of technically gifted players but they all have that battle mentality too.

Home of Barca Fans