Copa semis 2nd leg: Valencia CF - FC Barcelona 1-1 (1-8 agg.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barcadub

Ter Stegan

Vidal Bartra Vermaelen Adriano

Sergi Roberto Samper Turan

Munir Sandro Neymar

or even more players from the B team.

lovebarca

Ter Stegan

Vidal Bartra Vermaelen Adriano

Sergi Roberto Samper Turan

Munir Sandro Neymar

or even more players from the B team.

It would take gigantic balls to drop messi after last year incidents...still it will be interesting to see who Enrique replace/add.

PhilS

Lucho can start a team of mostly defenders, and chances are against this Valencia team Barca reserves will win, draw at worst. Below MSN, the talent level drops a lot at forward, but there are quite a few Barca and Barca B forwards drooling for the chance to have a go at this Valencia defense. As of now, this Valencia squad would not be competitive even at the Segunda level.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
It would take gigantic balls to drop messi after last year incidents...still it will be interesting to see who Enrique replace/add.

1. I think messi is cooler now with the idea of being rested if necessary than he was before.

2. He doesn't need to be rested, he did for 2months, he's only getting his modjo back so I don't mind if he plays everything from now on.

Only advantage would avoiding the travel to Valencia may be, but in terms of pure game time, Messi needs to play.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
[formation=barca,6]
ter Stegen
0-0-Bartra,c-0-Vermaelen-0-0
Douglas-0-0-0-0-0-Adriano>Mathieu
0-0-0-Samper-0-0-0
0-Roberto>Rakitic-0-0-0-Arda-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
Vidal-0-0-0-0-0-Sandro
0-0-0-Munir,g-0-0-0
[/formation]

We can't concede 8 even with this lineup, right?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I don't think Luis Enrique will field our starting XI with mostly bench players without a single one of MSN. He said something to the effect that our reputation is at stake and we should always go for a win, also there is the issue of respecting Valencia CF.

In terms of travelling, perhaps the whole squad should just stick around in Valencia after Sunday's game for a few days and come back to Barcelona after the 2nd leg. :p

barcanuck

Barca played today and I already miss Barca football. Wednesday can't come soon enough

I was just shaking my head in disbelief that we are already pretty much in the Copa final. This season is flying by and now comes crunch time with the CL.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
Not sure if there is a Barca match I have ever cared less about. Rest MSN Rest Biscuits, Pique, Iniesta….

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Actually I look forward watching players that aren't playing regularly.

Stegen could be tested a lot for example if we field a weaker team.
Will Munir continue his Copa good form?
Also, I know there are many of us who still (secretly or not) harbour hopes for Bartra.
Etc...

F

Flavia

[formation=barca,9]
MAtS
0-0-BARTRA-0-MATHIEU-0-0
DOUGLAS-0-0-0-0-0-ADRIANO
0-0-0-SAMPER-0-0-0
0-BOB-0-0-0-ARDA-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
VIDAL-0-0-MUNIR-0-0-SANDRO
0-0-0-0-0-0-0