Cr150

Status
Not open for further replies.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
No, he declined just fine.

He is over 38 years old, its silly to expect someone to be at top level at this stage.

No, relative to his peak ability he declined really hard. Ibrahimovic, Aduriz, Giroud, Dzeko and the likes declined (if at all) much better, but that's because they never relied on pace and acceleration. What I meant is that Ronaldo's inconsistent technique is more visible now after his athleticism cannot mask it anymore. He looks like a pub player sometimes these days.

Morten

No, relative to his peak ability he declined really hard. Ibrahimovic, Aduriz, Giroud, Dzeko and the likes declined (if at all) much better, but that's because they never relied on pace and acceleration. What I meant is that Ronaldo's inconsistent technique is more visible now after his athleticism cannot mask it anymore. He looks like a pub player sometimes these days.

He kept it going at a high level until 36, which is very good, most players are done at 34.

Zlatan i will give you, but thats an exception, not the norm, vast majority of players dont age that well.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I have to say he destroyed his potential chance if winning WC last time with some stupid ego things like wanting Bruno's goal against Uruguay in second group stage match. I mean of course he wants to score but youre 37 and playing as a starter the WC, the most important thing is to win the trophy. I think he also wanted to show his Manu guys that he still got it, thats why he was even more hungry for goals than usual. Then the words against Santos when he was subbed out against south korea....dude those things destroy the team chemistry. Look at argentinia, everyone was happy when someone scored there, you saw the hunger of them just to win the trophy.

It is what it is, i hope in EURO24 he will be more the team guy like in EURO16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans