Cr150

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

First half: 8/10

Second half: 5/10

Good thing was he didnt make mistakes,
But in second half he was too invisible, 90min is too much. If he starts let him play for 60min and as sub 30-45min💯

The joy had he after the win was inCRedible, he is really enjoying to play for Portugal 🔥

Last edited:

Temptation

Found KL's new Redcafe account guys! :lol:

Very entertaining post though and I assume that the forum establishment would love it. Enjoy. 🍿

These Ronaldo fanboys are absolutely unreal. It's scary how obsessed they are with someone who wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire, and doesn't know they exist. Celebrity worship and cultism is worse than ever. Many of his fans are Americans who are obsessed with stats, celebrity and athleticism too, like that IShowSpeed guy.

Messi, Maradona, Pele, Cruyff et al have far better passing, dribbling, playmaking etc, and more talent in their ballsack than this charlatan has in his entire body, too many modern fans are stats obsessed. I don't think I have EVER seen anyone who gets arse-licked to the extent this creepy fecker does. The **** around him is absolutely insane. Parasocial relationships are real.

Why can't his fans just admit that Messi (who is also a bellend to be fair) is a far superior player? What issues will it cause in their lives if they criticise Ronaldo for once? They are so creepily protective of him. Ronaldo doesn't deserve to be treated like he's better than a much better player, this whole 'debate' is a media-created fantasy. I am older than both Ronaldo and Messi, been watching and playing football extensively since the 80s - it's abundantly clear there's a chasm the size of the Grand Canyon between them as footballers (Maradona too pisses on Ronaldo from a great height, as do Pele, L Ronaldo etc). It's the same with the media and TV coverage - constantly zooming on on Ronaldo's ugly, plastic face when he's not even in Portugal's top five players anymore. I have never seen such hype and hysteria, apart from maybe with the scummy royals and Princess Diana. Portugal aren't even a real team - for the last 16 years they have debased themselves and might as well rename themselves 'The Ronaldo circus'. He's had a seriously destabilising effect on them - always been invisible every game they exit a tournament, and the one time they won he had to be subbed off early in the game. What an embarrassment Portugal are - they've become a vehicle for one pitiful man's ego trip. They will never win this tournament with him (to be honest I said both England and Portugal's squads were overhyped before the tournament and I tend to be right often on football, I predicted in summer 2023 that your man Ten Hag will be gone by 2025 and that looks likely to come true too). But back to Ronaldo - he's a massive liability on and off the pitch. Martinez is far too much of a weak, spineless coward to ever drop him.

Also, people in here are saying that Ronaldo played well last night? Seriously? That simply proves the low standards he's judged by and how protected he is. If Messi, Lukaku, Nunez or Mudryk put in the performance Ronaldo did last night, they would be destroyed. But Mr Protected Ronaldo just had to do the bare mininum (the odd shot and and a back pass from a free-kick) to draw admiration. I believe he is judged by low standards - I have seen him have loads of poor games, but he gets on the end of a chance and people act like he was Man of the Match.

Ronaldo scores a lot of goals (though context is never added), but as a footballer he isn't a genius, nowhere near. All of us long-term football fans (ie not the kids who grew up watching Ronaldo or started following the game five minutes ago and have never kicked a ball in their lives) know when we are watching a genius, and he's not one. He just does the regular consistently. He makes too many mistakes relative to the greatest players ever, whose touch and technical fundamentals were brilliant all of the time. Ronaldo's game is very rudimentary in comparison. His touch, dribbling, passing are all very hit and miss and were even in his 'prime'. He totally lacks a world-class playmaking component to be the greatest ever, and is far too reliant on physicality/athleticism. I'd argue the likes of Neymar, Hazard and Iniesta are more talented than him (hardly a controversial claim), never mind Messi, Pele, Maradona, Beckenbauer, Di Stefano, L Ronaldo, Zico, Platini and Cruyff (and others). This guy is the champion of PR, media hype and celebrity worship - a great player but in the all-time great debate an absolute fraud. He maybe limps into the top 10 players of all time. He should never be considered in the company of the players I mentioned above, and the idea that he makes his way into the holy trinity (Pele, Messi, Maradona) to create a four is absolutely offensive beyond words as a football fan, and an insult to the superior players he supposedly leapfrogs.

Here's my theory about Ronaldo: Ronaldo is deeply insecure and has a desperate need to be loved, and the same goes for his followers who predominantly worship him because they crave the adulation he receives from some - they live vicariously through him. To be fair, when the majority acknowledge you're inferior to your rival it's easier to feel insecure. Ronaldo will always have a victim complex (that is shared by his ****) because he's deluded enough to think he's better than Messi so he will see the general consensus of Messi being better as an injustice - until the day he dies. That's where all the bollocks pseudo shite about 'the world being against him' and 'proving people wrong' and that cringey 'your love makes me strong, your hate makes me unstoppable' garbage comes from. He thinks the world unjustly hates him and unfairly considers messi as better. In his mind that's a lie because he is a narcissist. If he had any self-awareness or brain cells or humility he'd be at peace - he'd recognise there are many reasons to hate him or his game due to his personality, his attitude, his style of play post 2015, the rape allegations, and myriad other scandals. He'd also realise he was inferior as a player to his rival (significantly so). He'd be happy being acknowledged as a great player and somewhere in the top 10. However, the fact is he lives in a yes man bubble surrounded by sycophants. He can't admit these truths to himself which highlights that he is unintelligent and lacks self-awareness. He has zero ability to self-reflect and evaluate himself correctly. People who buy their own hype are often the silliest people. The irony is if he just accepted these things and that he's nowhere near Maradona or Messi, he'd find much MUCH more peace. But he will go on torturing himself with his delusions until the day he dies. I'd almost feel sorry for him if he wasn't so creepy and demented and didn't have serious allegations hanging over his head.

TL DR? The worship of the guy is beyond farce at this stage. It has gone WAY too far and is much bigger than superior players from history. There's too much wanking off over quantitative aspects and 'longevity' - no proper football fan cares about them. What real fans care about is the beauty of the game and how good someone is at their peak. Haaland scores more goals in a season than Iniesta did in his career, but who's a far superior footballer? You'd think any novice could understand the qualitative aspects of football, but apparently not. I rest my case.

Andresito

Staff member
Every player does that.....🐅
Knew somebody would say that. Yes it's a team sport. I wouldn't say any other player in another team needs that type of carrying and support.
It was a joke but there's some truth to it also. CR without good service is absolutely dead. Those nice stepovers that lead to nothing (mostly a back pass) have been ineffective for like 10 years now. :lol:

But he is a threat and I see no reason for Martinez to bench him, especially in games where the opponent is pushed back and you can just cross and insallah.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Knew somebody would say that. Yes it's a team sport. I wouldn't say any other player in another team needs that type of carrying and support.
It was a joke but there's some truth to it also. CR without good service is absolutely dead. Those nice stepovers that lead to nothing (mostly a back pass) have been ineffective for like 10 years now. :lol:

But he is a threat and I see no reason for Martinez to bench him, especially in games where the opponent is pushed back and you can just cross and insallah.

Ok if you mean service then yeah these days he cant create chances himself and needs passes from his team mates. But he is the fox in the box and his great runs opens space and yes even though his header abilily decreased it's still there, i would definitely put him over Ramos 💯

The problem yesterday was that the crosses were crap, i would put Leao on the bench against the smaller teams and start with Jota. Ronaldo needs someone in the middle with him to get the best out of him 🔥

Temptation

Ok if you mean service then yeah these days he cant create chances himself and needs passes from his team mates. But he is the fox in the box and his great runs opens space and yes even though his header abilily decreased it's still there, i would definitely put him over Ramos 💯

The problem yesterday was that the crosses were crap, i would put Leao on the bench against the smaller teams and start with Jota. Ronaldo needs someone in the middle with him to get the best out of him 🔥
Yesterday's game needed Felix.

Against the compact low block with less gaps, you need a player with guile and a knack of opening up tight spaces breaking the compact defensive line. That is Felix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans