Cr150

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maradona37

Man, I miss Edinburgh
I lived in Aberdeen foe a year, but Edinburgh was surely my favourite Scottish city
Fair enough mate.

I am very new there, as I am from near Glasgow. It's unlikely I will be living here long but I am here for the moment. I expect I will be back near Glasgow in coming years but circumstances dictated me moving here for now.

It is probably the best Scottish city. Definitely is in terms of sights, beauty, etc. Glasgow is a bit of a hole, to be honest.

khaled_a_d

Fair enough mate.

I am very new there, as I am from near Glasgow. It's unlikely I will be living here long but I am here for the moment. I expect I will be back near Glasgow in coming years but circumstances dictated me moving here for now.

It is probably the best Scottish city. Definitely is in terms of sights, beauty, etc. Glasgow is a bit of a hole, to be honest.

I visited Glasgow twice, it seems like the usual big city that is buzzing but isn't very touristy. Can't talk about full living experience though as it was just visits in both cases. Some good restaurants that were fairly cheap too.
Didn't like Aberdeen though, too cold, days is either too short/too long and generally it felt great for family life but not for students

Maradona37

I visited Glasgow twice, it seems like the usual big city that is buzzing but isn't very touristy. Can't talk about full living experience though as it was just visits in both cases. Some good restaurants that were fairly cheap too.
Didn't like Aberdeen though, too cold, days is either too short/too long and generally it felt great for family life but not for students
Glasgow is a bit buzzy yeah, but there's some just something distant and cold about it. Edinburgh is a bit the same but seems in the better areas to be of a classier persuasion. It's hard to describe as I am not that familiar with either city truly (I always lived on the outskirts of Glasgow and didn't go into 'The Town' that much). Glasgow definitely has some very deprived areas though (eg Easterhouse) and dodgy areas to be at night. Edinburgh has the same and there's always been a big heroin problem in Leith from what I am told. Edinburgh is just a much more beautiful city in general and better for tourists and sightseeing and history.

Never been to Aberdeen. Like you say it is very cold given how far north it is. I have been to Dundee though but just three times to play in football tournaments.

soul24rage

While Messi is battling Maradona and Pele, Cr7 is battling with Yamal :valverde:

GSeWaigXgAA4avM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans