Cr150

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmilerBam

Yeah, I'd argue that a lot of Pele's friendlies against strong European and Brasilian teams were far more competitive than Ronaldo's games in Saudi Arabia or more pertinently against minnows in international qualifying, where he pads his stats massively. People are just ignorant of football from the past, sadly. Ronaldo himself is, with his implications and digs that he's better than superior players from history.

He actually seemed less of a cunt on the CL draw, showed a bit of humour (previously I believed the lad had had a sense of humour bypass).

However, what I really wanted to mention is how popular this guy seems to be. Taking away the massive number of bots, it actually amazes me he is this popular on these social media sites. This is a guy who never had close to the ability of Messi (or many other players from history), has a very problematic and poor personality and attitude in general, has zero charisma, displays many of the same personality traits that other people are derided for, and who has allegations against him that seem to have been forgotten, because stuff that other players are attacked for don't seem to apply to him.

Initially I put it down to two things. First his so-called 'good looks' in a superficial society( even though I think he's very creepy and ugly and many women agree with me, and the fact loads of footballers and celebrities in general look better than he does). Second, his PR team that works miracles and makes people believe this guy is some sort of God above humanity.

I think it is more the PR - people are very easily led by the media, so when this guy is having his arse rimmed, and is one of the most recognisable people in the most popular sport in the world, he's obviously gonna attract a lot of followers. But as someone who believes he has very few (if any) redeeming features as a person, and hasn't really taken to him as a footballer either, it truly baffles me how so many people seem obsessed with him. He definitely doesn't deserve even a sliver of the adulation he receives, based on his personality in particular.

But then, we are living in a world where people went crazy when a very, very mediocre band like Oasis announced their comeback (as well as lacking talent, they're dickheads and clearly doing it for the money, but mugs will still pay the extortionate prices). We are living in a world where fucking millions of people are obsessed with the very basic music of Taylor Swift. We live in a world where most people in my country are pro-royals and think Princess Diana was a saint, rather than the useless, gold-digging slut that she was.

It's safe to say that what a lot of people seem to believe baffles the fuck out of me in many ways. Is it me who has the problem? Am I the contrarian? Because - for example - I can't see how anyone can argue with a straight face that Taylor Swift is a very talented musician and should be the most revered artist in the world. Yet many people would argue that seriously to my face.

I think the overall takeaway from the above is that there's no correlation between popularity and/or talent/quality as a person. At least I can see Ronaldo is talented, I can't for the fucking life of me work out Swift's mass appeal, other than her looks (but most of her fans are straight girls and women anyway, maybe they look up to her? fuck knows).

And just in case Rassy decides to pipe up - you've already been exposed as a troll and cringe from your posts two years ago where you were anti-Ronaldo. Now that you are living in his arsehole it proves you're up to some sort of troll game on here. What a sad way to go through life, posting stuff you don't even believe on the internet.
I really appreciate your posts, you are an intelligent fella. Not many like this around here or the internet for that matter.

Maradona37

I really appreciate your posts, you are an intelligent fella. Not many like this around here or the internet for that matter.
Thanks mate. No doubt a poster or two will mock you/me for saying that, but it's kind of you to say (and it's obviously not my place to agree you are right).

As for the content of the post - I do find myself scratching my head over various things. It gaslights me into thinking I am the one in the wrong because it seems very arrogant to assume I am right and these vast swathes of people are wrong. But like I say, there's no correlation between popularity and what is right, generally. It's regarded as a logical fallacy so something can be the prevailing opinion and still not be sensible. Of course, that doesn't mean that the popular opinion isn't sometimes right - just not always.

Cheers.

Last edited:

Maradona37

1-man-army 🔥🔥🔥

View attachment 10915
I know it's just piss-taking, but It's mad that people actually have the temerity to create something like that, given Maradona's 1986 WC and Messi's 2022 WC are something this guy can only dream about replicating. He isn't even in the same stratosphere of talent and ability and could never recreate those tournaments in Maradona and Messi's shoes if he lived for a million years. He can never score Maradona's goal against England even in his wildest dreams, he doesn't have the capability. And that's before we get to the Germans who performed better than him too. This is a guy who has scored 3 goals in 21/22 knockout international games and that graphic is saying he drags Portugal solo (something that has never happened; as KingLeo wrote he's probably cost Portugal success actually with the focus on him on and off the pitch) while Messi and Maradona need all their teammates. It's madness.

He's been reliant on service for many years and is one of the least 'solo' players I have ever seen given he's been playing the width of the box since age 29, and sacrificed the modest creativity he did have to become a poacher and prolong his career - and that's when most of his success has come. If anything, you see how drastically his level drops for Portugal and even Juventus when he's not been surrounded by Real Madrid and Man United teammates laying him one on ones on a plate.

Last edited:

Maradona37

Alcaraz, Mahomes, Mbappe, Haaland, Vinicius...

All the next gen greats idolized Ronaldo

Alcaraz is a tennis player and Real Madrid fan from Spain who was growing up while the rapist one was there. He's biased. Mahomes is someone I have never heard of but from googling plays NFL or something. He looks like an absolute cunt as well, so he's obviously obsessed with athleticism as all those idiotic NFL player don't 'get' football and think it's a game mostly about athleticism, like NFL is. Who cares what some gimp who didn't grow up in our football culture and plays an entirely different sport thinks? Many of these Americans think Ronaldo is better than Messi because over there they're obsessed with muscles, athleticism, fame and stats. It's probably the most superficial country in the world, so it's not really a surprise the majority would prefer Ronaldo to Messi.

Mbappe, Haaland and Vinicius idolise him because they are all speed merchants who have (relatively) mediocre all-round play compared to true greats of the game.

They're all flash Harries more interested in scoring and being the centre of attention than being a true team player and playmaker, hence the Ronaldo worship.

They all know they can never be 1/3 of the player Messi is in terms of passing, dribbling, technique, vision etc so don't bother trying to emulate him. It's unattainable for them. But they (rightly) believe they can compete with Ronaldo's legacy. It's a much more realistic target for them to be like Ronaldo than to be like Messi. They can never be like Messi on their best day.

Using the opinions of bellends like Vini, Mbappe and Haaland isn't quite the flex you think it is. In fact I would say it reflects badly on Ronaldo that those three absolutely arrogant weapons of human beings look up to him. You can definitely imagine the three of them acting like you - obsessively and illogically defending him on forums if they hadn't been good enough to be top level pros. The only difference is you're a troll and don't believe a word of it whereas they are genuine and believe it all.

Last edited:

Maradona37

It's scary that some guys who are professional footballers themselves and playing at the elite level of the game actually say Ronaldo. You'd think they'd be much smarter than that, but evidently not. No wonder so many footballers make bad pundits e.g. Rio Ferdinand, who is another Ronaldo arse-licker.

Notice the players with high football IQ and didn't ever play with Ronaldo say Messi easily eg David Silva, one of the most intelligent footballers of his generation. Gundogan as well, he looked flabbergasted and said 'of course Messi, no doubt about that' - again a very high IQ footballer.

Also no wonder Frank Lampard is such a woeful manager if the clueless shite Gary Neville spouts is enough to change his opinion :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Rassvet

I know it's just piss-taking, but It's mad that people actually have the temerity to create something like that, given Maradona's 1986 WC and Messi's 2022 WC are something this guy can only dream about replicating. He isn't even in the same stratosphere of talent and ability and could never recreate those tournaments in Maradona and Messi's shoes if he lived for a million years. He can never score Maradona's goal against England even in his wildest dreams, he doesn't have the capability. And that's before we get to the Germans who performed better than him too. This is a guy who has scored 3 goals in 21/22 knockout international games and that graphic is saying he drags Portugal solo (something that has never happened; as KingLeo wrote he's probably cost Portugal success actually with the focus on him on and off the pitch) while Messi and Maradona need all their teammates. It's madness.

He's been reliant on service for many years and is one of the least 'solo' players I have ever seen given he's been playing the width of the box since age 29, and sacrificed the modest creativity he did have to become a poacher and prolong his career - and that's when most of his success has come. If anything, you see how drastically his level drops for Portugal and even Juventus when he's not been surrounded by Real Madrid and Man United teammates laying him one on ones on a plate.
Toni Kroos: “I'm not a fan of reducing everything to one player, but with Cristiano there was a feeling that he would do everything if the team played cohesively. He dragged us by willpower and level. He decided the outcome of the matches.”

Rassvet

Yeah, I'd argue that a lot of Pele's friendlies against strong European and Brasilian teams were far more competitive than Ronaldo's games in Saudi Arabia or more pertinently against minnows in international qualifying, where he pads his stats massively. People are just ignorant of football from the past, sadly. Ronaldo himself is, with his implications and digs that he's better than superior players from history.

He actually seemed less of a cunt on the CL draw, showed a bit of humour (previously I believed the lad had had a sense of humour bypass).

However, what I really wanted to mention is how popular this guy seems to be. Taking away the massive number of bots, it actually amazes me he is this popular on these social media sites. This is a guy who never had close to the ability of Messi (or many other players from history), has a very problematic and poor personality and attitude in general, has zero charisma, displays many of the same personality traits that other people are derided for, and who has allegations against him that seem to have been forgotten, because stuff that other players are attacked for don't seem to apply to him.

Initially I put it down to two things. First his so-called 'good looks' in a superficial society( even though I think he's very creepy and ugly and many women agree with me, and the fact loads of footballers and celebrities in general look better than he does). Second, his PR team that works miracles and makes people believe this guy is some sort of God above humanity.

I think it is more the PR - people are very easily led by the media, so when this guy is having his arse rimmed, and is one of the most recognisable people in the most popular sport in the world, he's obviously gonna attract a lot of followers. But as someone who believes he has very few (if any) redeeming features as a person, and hasn't really taken to him as a footballer either, it truly baffles me how so many people seem obsessed with him. He definitely doesn't deserve even a sliver of the adulation he receives, based on his personality in particular.

But then, we are living in a world where people went crazy when a very, very mediocre band like Oasis announced their comeback (as well as lacking talent, they're dickheads and clearly doing it for the money, but mugs will still pay the extortionate prices). We are living in a world where fucking millions of people are obsessed with the very basic music of Taylor Swift. We live in a world where most people in my country are pro-royals and think Princess Diana was a saint, rather than the useless, gold-digging slut that she was.

It's safe to say that what a lot of people seem to believe baffles the fuck out of me in many ways. Is it me who has the problem? Am I the contrarian? Because - for example - I can't see how anyone can argue with a straight face that Taylor Swift is a very talented musician and should be the most revered artist in the world. Yet many people would argue that seriously to my face.

I think the overall takeaway from the above is that there's no correlation between popularity and/or talent/quality as a person. At least I can see Ronaldo is talented, I can't for the fucking life of me work out Swift's mass appeal, other than her looks (but most of her fans are straight girls and women anyway, maybe they look up to her? fuck knows).

And just in case Rassy decides to pipe up - you've already been exposed as a troll and cringe from your posts two years ago where you were anti-Ronaldo. Now that you are living in his arsehole it proves you're up to some sort of troll game on here. What a sad way to go through life, posting stuff you don't even believe on the internet.
Three facts that your beta tears won't change

1. Ronaldo is the most popular athlete in the world

2. Taylor Swift is the most popular artist in the world

3. Manchester United is the most popular sports team in the world

MontenegrinCuler

It's scary that some guys who are professional footballers themselves and playing at the elite level of the game actually say Ronaldo. You'd think they'd be much smarter than that, but evidently not. No wonder so many footballers make bad pundits e.g. Rio Ferdinand, who is another Ronaldo arse-licker.

Notice the players with high football IQ and didn't ever play with Ronaldo say Messi easily eg David Silva, one of the most intelligent footballers of his generation. Gundogan as well, he looked flabbergasted and said 'of course Messi, no doubt about that' - again a very high IQ footballer.

Also no wonder Frank Lampard is such a woeful manager if the clueless shite Gary Neville spouts is enough to change his opinion :ROFLMAO:
All of those players (Neville, Lampard, Ferdinand) never in their career experienced how hard it is to make those sudden accelaration changes and crazy body feints that Messi was doing his whole career week in week out. How hard it is to break the whole defence with a single pass or dribble past a whole team of grown ass elite footballers and score a goal. He made it look way too easy, but it really isn't. That's the reason we haven't seen nothing close to it yet. And probably gonna have to wait a long time until we possibly do.

KingLeo10

Three facts that your beta tears won't change

1. Ronaldo is the most popular athlete in the world

2. Taylor Swift is the most popular artist in the world

3. Manchester United is the most popular sports team in the world
This might even top Fati's donkey levels :lol:

Man, someone double straitjacket this loon :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans