Cr150

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mateka

One wonders Ole position in this. Surely CR would have been offered to United first? When that offer was not taken up, City were contacted. When City showed interest SAF went ballistic. Ole changed his mind, and CR is signed.

Pure speculation on my part.

But now, can Ole get the best out of, hold together, this United squad?

KingLeo10

vince-mcmahon.gif

Masalagician on Sunday.

So man united fans celebrating the return of a 36 old player who is finished & can?t even dribble a player to safe his life lol

The same player who dumped them in 2009 saying real madrid is my dream team & the bigger team 🤣🤣🤣

Anyway we gonna laugh a lot @them this season

Rory

People are fickle. UK media calling it the last dance. If he went back to Real you could call it that. but not united. He couldn't wait to leave.

Will be interesting watching united now though. Got to say the premier league this season is going to be brilliant

Androutsos

The funniest thing is United fans thinking they are getting back the same Ronaldo that left them. He isn't even Real Madrid Ronaldo anymore. They're going to be in for a bit of a shock.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
United fans understand they're getting an old Ronaldo. They are excited because he is still a world-class player, as well as due to the sentimental value.

BBZ8800

Some rumours say that Pep told him that he can't guarantee him a starting place and a key role because his system is above individual players.

Good old Pep.
He will rather have 6 David Silvas in midfield and attack with 85% possession, 20 shots and 1 goal scored than a proven goalscorer.

** Apparently Pep said something similar about Messi and City.

Last edited:

mc_lovin

Some rumours say that Pep told him that he can't guarantee him a starting place and a key role because his system is above individual players.

Good old Pep.
He will rather have 6 David Silvas in midfield and attack with 85% possession, 20 shots and 1 goal scored than a proven goalscorer.

** Apparently Pep said something similar about Messi and City.

He's right not to promise him a starting spot (if true).

BBZ8800

He's right not to promise him a starting spot (if true).

La Repubblica said:
If you can come here, we can try to live together but I can't guarantee anything.

It further said: Pep wasn't too happy with signing CR7 because he would need to change his tactics and CR7 would be bigger than the team.

Further, Pep apparently said that some of the biggest players (it is speculated that he is talking about CR7 and Messi) decide on which position on a field they will play and they don't want to lower their wage and contract length demands.

Pep said: in that sense, I am happier to keep my current squad.

So, if true, it is true that Pep wants to keep a healthy atmosphere in a team.
But it also seems that he don't like superstars and strong personalities.

Remember cases of Zlatan, Etoo, Mandzukic, Yaya twice.

Pep has his own system but he also prefers quite followers like Iniesta, David Silva and KDB and doesn't like loud guys who queation his decisions or authority, to some extent.

Zlatan said thousand of times that Pep never talked to him and never explained why he doesn't play and similar.
The same happened with Etoo and Mandzukic.
When Pep decides something, he will just drop and sell you. No questions, no explanations.
But one pattern remains the same:
1. He always buys the same typw of midfielders-wingers-attackers
2. None of them are fighting with him or questioning him
3. Guys with big mouth who also don't play like a carbon copy of Iniesta and David Silva (Zlatan, Etoo, Mandzukic) are usually sold after 12 Months under him

When you sum it all, CR7 doesn't play like David Silva, he has a loud mouth and he is bigger than the team.

I personally think that Pep didn't want 34 years old superstar Messi from the same reason because Messi wants to play for 90 minutes all the time, he chooses his position and he doesn't cover as much as his 3+3 carbon copy midfielders and attackers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans