Cr150

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingLeo10

La Repubblica said:
If you can come here, we can try to live together but I can't guarantee anything.

It further said: Pep wasn't too happy with signing CR7 because he would need to change his tactics and CR7 would be bigger than the team.

Further, Pep apparently said that some of the biggest players (it is speculated that he is talking about CR7 and Messi) decide on which position on a field they will play and they don't want to lower their wage and contract length demands.

Pep said: in that sense, I am happier to keep my current squad.

So, if true, it is true that Pep wants to keep a healthy atmosphere in a team.
But it also seems that he don't like superstars and strong personalities.

Remember cases of Zlatan, Etoo, Mandzukic, Yaya twice.

Pep has his own system but he also prefers quite followers like Iniesta, David Silva and KDB and doesn't like loud guys who queation his decisions or authority, to some extent.

Zlatan said thousand of times that Pep never talked to him and never explained why he doesn't play and similar.
The same happened with Etoo and Mandzukic.
When Pep decides something, he will just drop and sell you. No questions, no explanations.
But one pattern remains the same:
1. He always buys the same typw of midfielders-wingers-attackers
2. None of them are fighting with him or questioning him
3. Guys with big mouth who also don't play like a carbon copy of Iniesta and David Silva (Zlatan, Etoo, Mandzukic) are usually sold after 12 Months under him

When you sum it all, CR7 doesn't play like David Silva, he has a loud mouth and he is bigger than the team.

I personally think that Pep didn't want 34 years old superstar Messi from the same reason because Messi wants to play for 90 minutes all the time, he chooses his position and he doesn't cover as much as his 3+3 carbon copy midfielders and attackers.

Aren't you the one who's posting 3 page essays on how we shouldn't build our entire team around grandpa Messi? :lol: And now you want to blast Pep for not promising everything to a soon to be 37 year old CR7 in the EPL?

Come on.

Rassvet

Aren't you the one who's posting 3 page essays on how we shouldn't build our entire team around grandpa Messi? :lol: And now you want to blast Pep for not promising everything to a soon to be 37 year old CR7 in the EPL?

Come on.

There's a difference between building everything around one player and fitting a different type of player into the system. BBZ has been against the former but is criticizing Pep for not being capable of the latter.

KingLeo10

There's a difference between building everything around one player and fitting a different type of player into the system.

This is what BBZ said that Pep allegedly said:

"It further said: Pep wasn't too happy with signing CR7 because he would need to change his tactics and CR7 would be bigger than the team.

Further, Pep apparently said that some of the biggest players (it is speculated that he is talking about CR7 and Messi) decide on which position on a field they will play and they don't want to lower their wage and contract length demands"

That doesn't read like fitting a different kind of player into his system was the only issue. In fact, the rest of the bits are more about Messi and CR7's stature in the game, which pretty much necessitate that on-field (the game, playing for 90 mins and deciding when to be subbed) and off-field (wage structure) goes through them.

feggydinho

La Repubblica said:
If you can come here, we can try to live together but I can't guarantee anything.

It further said: Pep wasn't too happy with signing CR7 because he would need to change his tactics and CR7 would be bigger than the team.

Further, Pep apparently said that some of the biggest players (it is speculated that he is talking about CR7 and Messi) decide on which position on a field they will play and they don't want to lower their wage and contract length demands.

Pep said: in that sense, I am happier to keep my current squad.

So, if true, it is true that Pep wants to keep a healthy atmosphere in a team.
But it also seems that he don't like superstars and strong personalities.

Remember cases of Zlatan, Etoo, Mandzukic, Yaya twice.

Pep has his own system but he also prefers quite followers like Iniesta, David Silva and KDB and doesn't like loud guys who queation his decisions or authority, to some extent.

Zlatan said thousand of times that Pep never talked to him and never explained why he doesn't play and similar.
The same happened with Etoo and Mandzukic.
When Pep decides something, he will just drop and sell you. No questions, no explanations.
But one pattern remains the same:
1. He always buys the same typw of midfielders-wingers-attackers
2. None of them are fighting with him or questioning him
3. Guys with big mouth who also don't play like a carbon copy of Iniesta and David Silva (Zlatan, Etoo, Mandzukic) are usually sold after 12 Months under him

When you sum it all, CR7 doesn't play like David Silva, he has a loud mouth and he is bigger than the team.

I personally think that Pep didn't want 34 years old superstar Messi from the same reason because Messi wants to play for 90 minutes all the time, he chooses his position and he doesn't cover as much as his 3+3 carbon copy midfielders and attackers.

As expected, I would've been surprised if Pep got Cr7 cause these big profile players are deemed unbenchable even when they're off form and playing badly and they're old now so they won't really be pressing much

malvolio

It's clear that if this was 27 years old CR, then Pep would have tried to make it work.

He's not even the type of player they looked after - a pure CF. So why bother with a old CR and the probable drama?

Fati_Future_BallonDor

It's clear that if this was 27 years old CR, then Pep would have tried to make it work.

He's not even the type of player they looked after - a pure CF. So why bother with a old CR and the probable drama?

If peak CR would have gone to city and they win CL, media would say Pep cand win cl without messi or Cr so i dont know if he would have taken him.

FinBarcelonafan

If peak CR would have gone to city and they win CL, media would say Pep cand win cl without messi or Cr so i dont know if he would have taken him.

Do you think they really care about this? The win is a win. History doesn't care. Just like Real's treble CL wins. I am not even sure if they were the best team in the world those years, but they did it. History doesn't care about it though.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I think first united didnt want him but city and pep has fought for him so he decided to go to city but then Sir Alex Ferguson came in fergie time to rescue CR, he said to him:'' You are a Manu legend, you cant go to one of our rival clubs, my son.'' He spoke with Ole and he said yeah ok lets sign him thats why he went to manu instead of City. To see how Pep would have worked with Cristiano would have been exciting tough.

Xaviniesta

I think first united didnt want him but city and pep has fought for him so he decided to go to city but then Sir Alex Ferguson came in fergie time to rescue CR, he said to him:'' You are a Manu legend, you cant go to one of our rival clubs, my son.'' He spoke with Ole and he said yeah ok lets sign him thats why he went to manu instead of City. To see how Pep would have worked with Cristiano would have been exciting tough.

i think that's what happened too. rio ferdinand says something similar in that a few utd players including him called ronaldo to sort it out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=006Vz3xrgVY

Messigician

Some rumours say that Pep told him that he can't guarantee him a starting place and a key role because his system is above individual players.

Good old Pep.
He will rather have 6 David Silvas in midfield and attack with 85% possession, 20 shots and 1 goal scored than a proven goalscorer.

** Apparently Pep said something similar about Messi and City.

Pep is crazy man another season with no striker

xxxxxx

Yeah, he isn't going to win anything with that team and manager. They were awful last week and should have lost by 4 today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans