Create a team to beat Barcelona.

oz187

Sneijder can play a reasonable defensive game. Yaya and Sneijder are defensively as sound as either Busquets and Iniesta, or Busquets and Xavi. Ozil did quite well in the Supercopa and playing alongside an even better midfield he could do even better.

El Gato

Villarato!
Sneijder can play a reasonable defensive game. Yaya and Sneijder are defensively as sound as either Busquets and Iniesta, or Busquets and Xavi. Ozil did quite well in the Supercopa and playing alongside an even better midfield he could do even better.

Sneijder only drops back when he needs to, you can't rely on him doing more work in midfield than he should. You should use his abilities to their proper extent instead of shoving 2 creative midfielders there with mixed roles.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
I wouldn't judge it like that since Villarreal are a shadow of their former selves.

shadow or not, they've caused us problems for YEARS with the magic box.

under Pellegrini they would come to the Camp Nou, rest their best forwards, and still give us a real fight.

we destroyed them last gameweek because the 3133 totally nullifies the strengths of the magic box. Pep may have been forced into using it, but I'm really glad he was.

W

Worms

Sneijder only drops back when he needs to, you can't rely on him doing more work in midfield than he should. You should use his abilities to their proper extent instead of shoving 2 creative midfielders there with mixed roles.

To be fair Sneijder did fantastic against Barca defensively and offensively against Barcelona,just looked for the Xavi vs Inter video on youtube(Amazing video by Zouzinho) but it's been took down,if anybody wants me to upload it onto youtube I will.

DucdeOrléans

---------Neuer------------

Ramos-Kompany-Vidic-Cole

-------Yaya-M'Vila------

--------Sneijder--------

Ronaldo-Rooney-Robben

You have 2 world class full backs that are able to attack and defend well and two complete central defenders. Moreover Kompany is able to start the attack from the defensive much as Pique do.

In Yaya Toure and M'Vila you have phenomenal (and consistent) passing skill, power, technique and vision.

Sneijder the icing on the cake.

Up front you have Ronaldo (the best player next to Messi) and Rooney (extremely hardworking, fast, great passing range etc.) and Robben who is very similar to Messi, although not as good of course.

You have power, technique, great individual skill, stamina and most of all versatility upfront, something that is needed against such a team as FCB.

El Gato

Villarato!
To be fair Sneijder did fantastic against Barca defensively and offensively against Barcelona,just looked for the Xavi vs Inter video on youtube(Amazing video by Zouzinho) but it's been took down,if anybody wants me to upload it onto youtube I will.

It's hard to do crap when you're defending with 11 men, you have Mourinho as your coach and you have great players by your side. Offensively he is good in general, nothing new there. It's just that he isn't a CM and he can't play a CM along a man who is of the same characteristic and does things the same way offensively as he does.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
ahhh but that very sentiment changes everything!

Iker
Yaya Hummels Sakho
Isla .... M'Vila Wilshere .... Marcelo
Özil
Eto'o Rooney​

That team would do just fine against any opposition... But I'll play T.S. instead of Yaya and Silva instead of Ozil

zanela

what has Rio's inability to rap got to do with anything? is this like Redcardscherano?

Only that i remembered he's shite at it. As for Masch, he's still my man to receive the most sending offs for a Barca player this season. :p

when Rio's fit, he's brilliant. anyone with eyes and a brain can see that. bit like Puyol, in that regard. though nowhere near as manly.

When he's fit, which he hardly is these days.

you have very little athleticism in midfield. we'd pass circles around that central trio. Navas is a great shout, though. he always does brilliantly against us.

Javi Martinez not athletic? My players are smart and technically adept, its not just about physicality. Schweiny to man-mark Xavi "chico" style. The rest to shut down any passing channels and cover the defense.

Drogba, though I love him, is finished. and he's a monstrous primadonna too.

Even a half-fit Drogba instills more fear in to the current defenses than any of the CFs today. I can't think of a better lone CF who can convert half chances with such success, and my flanks are designed to cater to him. Negredo and Llorente were in contention, but i chose the Ivorian cause he's got more to his game, he can beat his man for power, pace, bring it down better, set-up and score from all fronts.
He does throw tantrums, but unlike other primadonnas, he's a teamplayer and puts in a shift when required of him. You can keep your Agueros and Rooneys, i'll still keep Drogba. Thank you.

Isla and Ansaldi do their business as wingbacks. not sure how well they'd function in a back 4.

Ansaldi and Isla are attacking fullbacks but who can also defend. The former has shown that he can be solid in a defensive set-up(when rubin played us)and Isla can do the same. When they are not defending, they'll supplement attacks on the wings, which is where the attacks 'll come from.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
195px-Uruguay_football_association.svg.png

Last edited:

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
-------------Casillas---------------

Lahm--Hummels--Silva--Chiellini

-------------De Rossi-------------

---------Yaya----Shweinsteiger--

--Robben-----Eto'o----Ronaldo--

nebeer

Love is All
------------Cesar------------
---Lahm-Lucio-Vidic-Coentrao--
--------Schwenstieger----------
-----Sniejder-----Silva-----------
---Ronaldo---Rooney----Aguero--

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
When he's fit, which he hardly is these days.

Puyol played 28 games last year. Rio played 27. seems similar to me!

Javi Martinez not athletic? My players are smart and technically adept, its not just about physicality. Schweiny to man-mark Xavi "chico" style. The rest to shut down any passing channels and cover the defense.

Schweiny to mark Xavi. :lol: yeah that worked really well in South Africa.

JM, yeah he's somewhat athletic, but still a bit leaden-footed. and Bruno is fine if you're gonna play a style like Villarreal, but I didn't get that vibe from the rest of your selection.

Even a half-fit Drogba instills more fear in to the current defenses than any of the CFs today.

one word, two syllables: bollocks.

I can't think of a better lone CF who can convert half chances with such success, and my flanks are designed to cater to him. Negredo and Llorente were in contention, but i chose the Ivorian cause he's got more to his game, he can beat his man for power, pace, bring it down better, set-up and score from all fronts.

when he's on-form, no doubts. but unlike Rio or Puyol, he suffers much more when not fully fit.

He does throw tantrums, but unlike other primadonnas, he's a teamplayer and puts in a shift when required of him. You can keep your Agueros and Rooneys, i'll still keep Drogba. Thank you.

:lol:

you clearly don't watch Chelsea because he was unimaginably shit for large swathes of last season after Torres arrived. he was busy strutting around in a bad mood because it was clear he was no longer first-choice anymore. and then it's worth remembering that before 06/07 he spent massive amounts of time behaving like an utter twat (he's done it since then too, but before it was really bad). Rooney's only ever been that bad in the first 6 months of last season, when his private life & physical health was completely fucked. he sorted himself out, though, and led his side to the Title. and Aguero has been inconsistent from his first-ever appearance, so it's not got anything to do with him being a primadonna.

Ansaldi and Isla are attacking fullbacks but who can also defend. The former has shown that he can be solid in a defensive set-up(when rubin played us)and Isla can do the same. When they are not defending, they'll supplement attacks on the wings, which is where the attacks 'll come from.

I'm well aware they can defend, but both do their work as wingbacks ahead of a back 3. your system is a back 4.

it would be one hell of a showdown, no doubt.

Home of Barca Fans