Create a team to beat Barcelona.

zanela

Puyol played 28 games last year. Rio played 27. seems similar to me!

Except Puyol is still HEROIC!

Schweiny to mark Xavi. :lol: yeah that worked really well in South Africa.

It wasn't a rigid man-marking like the one Busi did on Özil.

when he's on-form, no doubts. but unlike Rio or Puyol, he suffers much more when not fully fit.
you clearly don't watch Chelsea because he was unimaginably shit for large swathes of last season after Torres arrived. he was busy strutting around in a bad mood because it was clear he was no longer first-choice anymore. and then it's worth remembering that before 06/07 he spent massive amounts of time behaving like an utter twat (he's done it since then too, but before it was really bad). Rooney's only ever been that bad in the first 6 months of last season, when his private life & physical health was completely fucked. he sorted himself out, though, and led his side to the Title. and Aguero has been inconsistent from his first-ever appearance, so it's not got anything to do with him being a primadonna.

When he sees a relatively inferior striker, who has done nothing to justify his starting place get the nod over him, his bad mood etc are justified. Infact, it must be traumatic to witness the incompetence i.e Torres taking his place. :lol: He's had his fair share of twattery in the past, never denied it. But his overall brilliance more than cancel out the bad.
He was down with illness (malaria)last season and hasn't really reached his peak fitness since. And then he suffered that nasty collision. :shakeshead:

Anyway, I didn't mean Rooney and Aguero are primadonnas. Just that you can keep your boys, I'll keep mine. (regardless of age, form, fitness). He'll start in my team EVERYTIME, till he hangsup his boots. The CFs(as good as they 're) today are not a patch on my man.

I'm well aware they can defend, but both do their work as wingbacks ahead of a back 3. your system is a back 4.

Already explained it, not doing it again.

B

barcelonista

---------------Neuer---------------
Maicon--Yaya Touré--Vidic--P. Lahm
------------------------------------
---------------Pepe----------------
-----Essien----------------Xabi-----
--------------Rooney---------------
Robben----------------------Ronaldo

Assuming all of them are playing at the highest level they have once shown in their career. Essien right now wouldn't do much of course since he's long time injured and Maicon is not the Maicon from 2009 / 2010 anymore.

I will explain Touré as a CB. First: He has proven he can play there at the highest level (2009 CL final for us). Second: You don't need 2 real centre backs against us since we aren't playing with any real centre forward (9) but Messi as a false 9. So Touré would be somewhat of a "false CB" :)p) and be the offensive part of the CB pairing, roaming forward (a mix of CB and DM). Rooney would be playing as a false 9. I think this might be the best possible "anti Barca" lineup right now.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Except Puyol is still HEROIC!

can't argue with that!

It wasn't a rigid man-marking like the one Busi did on Özil.

Schweiny != Busi

Busi >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Schweiny

unless you mean it wasn't a rigid man-marking job, which is a little better.

When he sees a relatively inferior striker, who has done nothing to justify his starting place get the nod over him, his bad mood etc are justified.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

bad mood?

yes.

stropping around the pitch like someone took a shit in his cereal?

no.

Infact, it must be traumatic to witness the incompetence i.e Torres taking his place. :lol:

oh, for sure.

He's had his fair share of twattery in the past, never denied it. But his overall brilliance more than cancel out the bad.

not anymore.

He was down with illness (malaria)last season and hasn't really reached his peak fitness since. And then he suffered that nasty collision. :shakeshead:

he probably never will again. he's 33 and no longer first-choice.

Anyway, I didn't mean Rooney and Aguero are primadonnas. Just that you can keep your boys, I'll keep mine. (regardless of age, form, fitness). He'll start in my team EVERYTIME, till he hangsup his boots. The CFs(as good as they 're) today are not a patch on my man.

I wasn't aware this was a "pick your favourite team" thread. but that does explain a lot of your selections.

carry on.

Already explained it, not doing it again.

no you didn't. you just said "they can defend" as if that's supposed to answer something. both men have excelled as wingbacks, there's nothing to suggest they could do the same as fullbacks, even attacking ones.

KhaledBarca

---------------Neuer---------------
Maicon--Yaya Touré--Vidic--P. Lahm
-----Essien----------------Xabi-----
Robben----------------------Ronaldo

Assuming all of them are playing at the highest level they have once shown in their career. Essien right now wouldn't do much of course since he's long time injured and Maicon is not the Maicon from 2009 / 2010 anymore.

I will explain Touré as a CB. First: He has proven he can play there at the highest level (2009 CL final for us). Second: You don't need 2 real centre backs against us since we aren't playing with any real centre forward (9) but Messi as a false 9. So Touré would be somewhat of a "false CB" :)p) and be the offensive part of the CB pairing, roaming forward (a mix of CB and DM). Rooney would be playing as a false 9. I think this might be the best possible "anti Barca" lineup right now.

yeah this is a gd one.. agree.. especially with these points u mentioned..
- playing Rooney as a false 9, Yaya as a false CB & Pepe DM!

but i will replace Vidic with T.Silva.. Vidic always sucks against Barca.. Neuer? not sure.. maybe Cech is a better option.. Neuer still makes stupid mistakes ( mistakes that Valdes used to do before 2006.. :p )

I will also replace Ronaldo with Aguero... :) Cr7 never played a gd game against us, even when he scored copa winner goal.. in that match he was still average, While Aguero was always threat for our defence..

In the midfield, Banega IN Essien Out..
I think with Pepe (destroyer DM), Banega & Alonso both deeplying CMs, who can defend very well & when they have the they can create chances!

So my lineup would be

---------------Cech---------------
Maicon--Yaya Touré--T.Silva--P. Lahm
-----Banega----------------Xabi-----
Robben----------------------Aguero

Last edited:

Bilal Khan

Tito > Mou
----------------Casillas
Ramos------Vidic-------Thiago Silva---------Evra
-------Essien----------Pepe (man mark messi)-------
---------------Sneijder-------------
Robben------------------------Ronaldo
--------------Rooney-----------------

Barcafan 2304

----------------Casillas
Ramos------Vidic-------Thiago Silva---------Evra
-------Essien----------Pepe (man mark messi)-------
---------------Sneijder-------------
Robben------------------------Ronaldo
--------------Rooney-----------------

Barca would beat that side

X

xedelluxe

----------------reina
-----t.silva----vidic-----jose angel
--------------yaya toure---------
------wilshere----------nasri-----
---------------sneijder------------
---------------rooney---------
----aguero-------------ozil--------

bombayblue™

Fourteen and Hutch..
I'd like to change my answer to anyone including Real Sociedad with a neutral referee.

If only that stupid offside call wasn't made.. :lol:

E

estranged

You don't need to shit yourself senseless coming up with an answer to wind people up, Hercules at the Nou Camp would have done :alveshat:

dalitis8

Banned
bombayblue™;655490 said:
I'd like to change my answer to anyone including Real Sociedad with a neutral referee.

If only that stupid offside call wasn't made.. :lol:

Gol_Belletti_jpg_14756_small.jpg

barcaunited.jpg

villa-goal-cl2011-final.jpg

:lol: OK, place your hopes on Sociedad :D

W

Worms

Nesta wouldn't be a bad shout,didn't think he was still that good.

Home of Barca Fans