Cristian Tello

BarcaVillain

Overall a meh game (Yes a hat trick, but literally spoon fed from Messi and a terrible GK)

I will not praise him yet. One game does not convince me. Bu the confidence boost should help

I'm fairly sure that's the first time I've heard someone who has scored a hat-trick have a 'meh game'. Plenty more 'meh' games and he'll do alright.

Not fully convinced about the kid but credit where it's due.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Good that he scored the goals, but he wasn't as good as the hat trick would indicate. He got 4 balls on a tee from Messi, messed up one for the own goal, and two others he shot straight at the keeper that made some pretty poor attempts to block them.

He still should be given props for the runs and for taking his chances, but he remains a very limited player despite the result.

Kerrybai

He will get goals against poor teams in open games no doubt.

But compare him against Levantes first team when they played deep and totally cut off the space for him to run into. To tonight when they played a weaker team and decided to defend higher up.

He has pace and can finish, no doubts whatsoever. But he can only affect a game that the opposition are playing in a way that suits him. More than that is need from the wide players.

We have Neymar for that, the fact is we can't have multiple superstars in every position. We need players on lower wages, super subs etc. Tello is perfect for a game like this so for that reason I hope we never let him go.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
I guess it comes down to who you prefer - Tello or Pedro as they will play on the left and Neymar is nailed on for the other spot there.

For me its Pedro by a long long way.

I really think it depends on our opponent and who our other defender is. If we're playing against a team with a high line and have Adriano or Montoya playing, we want Tello to exploit that space and make up in attack what our fullbacks aren't offering. If we're playing against a team with a lethal attack and we have a more offensive fullback, then yes, Pedro is the better choice. But I feel neither players has reached their full potential yet, and if Tello gets time to develop I truly think he could become an excellent player. Predictable sure, but so is someone like Robben, and yet he seems to be doing just fine.

ceefoo

He needed that after the shocker against the in the League at the weekend.

:eusa_think: If only he could improve that Heskey-like first touch, he'd be a player.

JamDav1982

We have Neymar for that, the fact is we can't have multiple superstars in every position. We need players on lower wages, super subs etc. Tello is perfect for a game like this so for that reason I hope we never let him go.

Yes Neymar is the LW no doubt and Pedro is second to him and rightfully so.

To give Tello minutes it would mean getting rid of Pedro most likely as next year on the right will be Sanchez/Deulofeu.

Kerrybai

Good that he scored the goals, but he wasn't as good as the hat trick would indicate. He got 4 balls on a tee from Messi, messed up one for the own goal, and two others he shot straight at the keeper that made some pretty poor attempts to block them.

He still should be given props for the runs and for taking his chances, but he remains a very limited player despite the result.

And who else was making those runs? If Pedro made those 4 runs and scored 3 of them he would be praised until the cows come home. It's not easy to time runs to perfection like that.

BarcaOG

Banned
this has got to be the first in many long years that we have had four different players score a hat-trick in one season!

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Bad first touch, first two goals were right at the keeper. Not in my top 3, and I am not joking. Poor match all around, but there were players better than him in this game.

JamDav1982

I really think it depends on our opponent and who our other defender is. If we're playing against a team with a high line and have Adriano or Montoya playing, we want Tello to exploit that space and make up in attack what our fullbacks aren't offering. If we're playing against a team with a lethal attack and we have a more offensive fullback, then yes, Pedro is the better choice. But I feel neither players has reached their full potential yet, and if Tello gets time to develop I truly think he could become an excellent player. Predictable sure, but so is someone like Robben, and yet he seems to be doing just fine.

They wont keep Neymar, Tello and Pedro for one spot.

Ultimately it looks as if they will have to make a choice and Pedro is better than Tello its as simple as that.

JamDav1982

And who else was making those runs? If Pedro made those 4 runs and scored 3 of them he would be praised until the cows come home. It's not easy to time runs to perfection like that.

Pedro playing on the left will make those runs, just look at Getafe away game. He killed them on the break and that was a hat trick against a better team without Messi laying them on a plate. Better finishes as well.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo

Seriously? Have you seen Pedro play at all? Watch his Getafe hattrick and that was without Messi putting balls on perfect tees.

Btw, it is harder to time this passes for the player making the pass, than for the player making the run.

Alarcón

Honestly, I don't think too highly of him and I doubt that he will stay at Barça beyond next summer but if a player scores 3 times and his competitors play poorly, you have to line him up in the next game.

Kerrybai

Yes Neymar is the LW no doubt and Pedro is second to him and rightfully so.

To give Tello minutes it would mean getting rid of Pedro most likely as next year on the right will be Sanchez/Deulofeu.

Yes most likely he will be sold, unless management has a change of heart with Sanchez and they cash in. However that's all irrelevant for now as we have 3 fit wingers for 2 positions. So let's cross our fingers and hope Tello makes use of his minutes.

Messi_Goal

credit were it is due but there gk should have saved 2 and Tello is still not good enough...at least it might ad a euro or two on to the transfer fee.

Home of Barca Fans