Cristian Tello

Trickykid

I just can't see why we need him in our squad

Messi, Neymar, Alexis, Pedro and Fàbregas is enoug.

5 players for 3 positions isn't enough imo. With just two injuries or suspensions, we'd suddenly be left with no subs in attack, and that's not exactly desireable. Whether Tello should be that 6th man, though, is seriously debatable of course.

People are as usual overreacting when it comes to Tello. Calling him the worst attacker for Barca ever is absurd, but then again, if you throw around claims like that, you probably haven't followed the club for long. Sadly that's the trend in here, gang up and throw abuse at our players. Alexis went through it, Pique and Masch too to various degrees. I've said it before, and I'll do it again; I really don't get this bloodlust, this desire to relentlessly bash our own players over and over again. It's pathetic. I mean, if only the players in question were publicly demanding minutes or talking shit about the club, then sure, by all means let it rip. But for someone like Tello who is mostly keeping his head down and being humble, it's just uncalled for in my opinion.

Last edited:

Meitux

He's not like tottaly useless ofc, he has shown good moments like last season, scored some cool goals also. But he seems too simple, too predictable. He's relying on his speed to get past the opponent opening the ball and run past him, most of the times. He hasn't got like moves that will surprise. And he can't be stable in a moment where he can't get no time in the team, he's only playing when someone is injured or rotation whatever. If he stays here he will be probably forever a squad rotation guy, if himself wants to have a chance to find somewhen a place in a team and be satisfied then he should leave. If he's satisfied staying as a rotation player and no more than that i don't really find it as the biggest problem, but only if he has to show something, not be all over the place.

Last edited:
P

Patty2720

5 players for 3 positions isn't enough imo. With just two injuries or suspensions, we'd suddenly be left with no subs in attack, and that's not exactly desireable. Whether Tello should be that 6th man, though, is seriously debatable of course.

People are as usual overreacting when it comes to Tello. Calling him the worst attacker for Barca ever is absurd, but then again, if you throw around claims like that, you probably haven't followed the club for long. Sadly that's the trend in here, gang up and throw abuse at our players. Alexis went through it, Pique and Masch too to various degrees. I've said it before, and I'll do it again; I really don't get this bloodlust, this desire to relentlessly bash our own players over and over again. It's pathetic. I mean, if only the players in question were publicly demanding minutes or talking shit about the club, then sure, by all means let it rip. But for someone like Tello who is mostly keeping his head down and being humble, it's just uncalled for in my opinion.
Well, Iniesta can play left wing.

So it is actually more like this;

Attack: Messi, Neymar, Pedro, Alexis, Fàbregas and Iniesta. 6/3

Midfield: Xavi, Fàbregas, Iniesta, Roberto, Busquets and Song. 6/3

Defense: Alba, Adriano, Montoya, Alves, Bartra, Mascherano, Puyol and Piqué. 8/4

I don't see a problem with this.

L

linetty

Deulofeu will be the 6th.

Trickykid

Well, Iniesta can play left wing.

So it is actually more like this;

Attack: Messi, Neymar, Pedro, Alexis, Fàbregas and Iniesta. 6/3

Midfield: Xavi, Fàbregas, Iniesta, Roberto, Busquets and Song. 6/3

Defense: Alba, Adriano, Montoya, Alves, Bartra, Mascherano, Puyol and Piqué. 8/4

I don't see a problem with this.

I see what you're saying, but even though we could resort to using Iniesta as a winger again, it doesn't look like Tata has any plans of doing so. And luckily so, as far as I'm concerned.

coura

Banned
I prefer Cuenca over him. He is not evolving, it´s the opposite. Just speed is not enough. We have to raise the level.

P

Patty2720

I see what you're saying, but even though we could resort to using Iniesta as a winger again, it doesn't look like Tata has any plans of doing so. And luckily so, as far as I'm concerned.
You know, these players don't like rotation, they want to play every game and by doing what I suggest, they can (almost)

Tata giving playing time to a player who has no future at the club, is just stupid in my opinion. He needs to keep the players happy.

Messi, Neymar, Pedro, Alexis and Fàbregas all want to play, and they deserve to. Tello does not.

Last edited:

CatalinR10

Despite player not leaving this month, Liverpool are still interested in signing Barcelona winger Cristian Tello (22) in the summer. [metro]

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Haven't seen him perform well in a while now, even with the assist on Messi last week. Seems to be stalled in development, and I don't know why. Maybe the style of play just doesn't suit him enough in the end...

raedkuwait

well to me i think he is better than alexis at least he tried to shoot at goal and not look for
messi allllllllllllllllllllll the time like alexis and he has speed.

PaulTaylor

i don't think he's as bad as some people have said but i think with they should give him more game time or sell him, the amount he has played a youngster would do. It's Strange they did so much to try keep him but then don't play him

Home of Barca Fans