Cristian Tello

Stric

:lol: You are really something. You completely ignored the part about Pedro being better than him in general (including on the right wing) and went on to talk about how Deulofeu has been playing on the right, but when I say that's irrelevant, somehow I'm the one who ignores things that contradict my opinion. :lol: And again, you're contradicting yourself. Now you're saying which is easier to compete with and basically admitting that I'm right and that he'll have Pedro ahead of him, too. :lol: The point is, Pedro is superior and will be chosen ahead of Deulofeu, whether he's coming to sub the left or the right winger.

JamDav1982

:lol: You are really something. You completely ignored the part about Pedro being better than him in general (including on the right wing) and went on to talk about how Deulofeu has been playing on the right, but when I say that's irrelevant, somehow I'm the one who ignores things that contradict my opinion. :lol: And again, you're contradicting yourself. Now you're saying which is easier to compete with and basically admitting that I'm right and that he'll have Pedro ahead of him, too. :lol: The point is, Pedro is superior and will be chosen ahead of Deulofeu, whether he's coming to sub the left or the right winger.

I agree that Pedro will be picked ahead of Deulofeu on the RW initially if push came to shove in a big game. Not debating that.

However you said that this would be the problem Duelofeu faces over 'the next few seasons'. Not as soon as Deulofeu gets promoted.

Try and keep it constant what you are even debating.

Stric

I agree that Pedro will be picked ahead of Deulofeu on the RW initially if push came to shove in a big game. Not debating that.

However you said that this would be the problem Duelofeu faces over 'the next few seasons'. Not as soon as Deulofeu gets promoted.

Try and keep it constant what you are even debating.

So we're agreeing the entire time? It sure as hell sounded nothing like it. :lol:

Pedro is a phenomenal player, and will still be when he 28 or 29. Especially if he continues with his current form. I have no reason to believe he wouldn't be picked ahead of a very young and still fairly inexperienced Deulofeu even 2-3 years after Deulofeu has been with the A team. Except if Pedro goes back to his extremely crappy phase and Deulofeu simultaneously starts being incredibly good. But as we've seen with some coaches, sometimes even that's not enough to reorganize the order. What I can see is Deulofeu inheriting Pedro's place in the team when the latter starts getting old. That is, if both are around at the time.

JamDav1982

So we're agreeing the entire time? It sure as hell sounded nothing like it. :lol:

Pedro is a phenomenal player, and will still be when he 28 or 29. Especially if he continues with his current form. I have no reason to believe he wouldn't be picked ahead of a very young and still fairly inexperienced Deulofeu even 2-3 years after Deulofeu has been with the A team. Except if Pedro goes back to his extremely crappy phase and Deulofeu simultaneously starts being incredibly good. But as we've seen with some coaches, sometimes even that's not enough to reorganize the order. What I can see is Deulofeu inheriting Pedro's place in the team when the latter starts getting old. That is, if both are around at the time.

No were were not agreeing at all.

You think that Duelofeu will be third choice on the RW for the 'next few seasons at least'.

I don't I think he will be at least second choice on the right much quicker than you expect and will get more minutes than Tello has on the left.

Pedro is a great player no doubt... on the left.

On the right he is decent but not as good as Sanchez and not good enough that you couldn't see a younger player coming through and taking his place.

We shall see but I cannot see Deulofeu having the same problems in getting minutes as Tello.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
That's what I've been saying Jam, Delo will hopefully be second choice for RW IF he is good enough - otherwise he will be sold/loaned if he can't cement his place as a reliable backup for RW. If all things stay the same (no new CM/AM is brought in, no #9 etc) and we only bring in Delo for Tello than ideally we should have good rotation and for everybody to get minutes.

LW - Neymar and Pedro

CF/false #9 - Messi and Neymar as backup

RW - Sanchez and Delo as backup

BUT, this presupposes that Tata gives Messi a rest once in a while and we can play Neymar centrally sometimes (or even Sanchez from time to time), Cesc stays in midfield and doesn't take up our forwards minutes, Pedro is given almost as many minutes as Neymar because he rotates with Neymar and Neymar is played centrally sometimes = Delo gets minutes in CdR, subbed in in some games and starts every third game or so against 'weaker' teams. But this whole discussion redundant if Delo doesn't show his qualities and that he adapts and evolves.

CatalinR10

BfOsDKMIQAAl4hF.jpg

aaron101

He's only 5th choice forward. Leave the kid alone.

This.

I don't really understand why people keep on complaining about this guy. He's a 5th choice forward for God sake. Do you guys really expect a backup player would be on Alexis or Pedro's level?

CatalinR10

Arsenal wanted to sign winger Cristian Tello (22) on loan until the end of the season but Barcelona ruled out a move. [daily mail]

Home of Barca Fans