Cristian Tello

Stric

I don't understand what you mean? Pedro + Neymar for LW and Delo + Alexis for RW - if Delo plays his cards right he should get plenty of minutes (+ cups games, early substitutions, injuries etc). And the only thing that Delo could do is to improve his game another level - if he does that than he will get more minutes, if he doesn't than he isn't cut out for us = simple mathematics.

But it doesn't really work that way, does it? It's not a matter of who plays on which side of the pitch. We have two wingers on the pitch, and the third in the pecking order comes next, regardless of which wing needs the sub. Especially since they're all left wingers, essentially. The fourth choice player gets the least minutes, that's how it works. If any of them was a leftie, it possibly would have been a different story, more similar to what you said. Anyways, wingers get subbed the most, so getting minutes as a sub winger is easier than it is for most other subs. Plus injuries, cup games, etc. like you said. I'm just saying, I doubt Deulofeu would be satisfied with the role Tello now has after 3 seasons in the A team.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Duelofeu will play on the right and be back up to Sanchez and the way Tata is rotating the players he will see a lot of minutes there.

Tello can only play on the left and unfortunately form him that is Pedro and Neymars best position.

Tello just now is third choice, Deulofeu will be second choice. It will be easier for him to get minutes.

Stric

Again, that's not how it works. If Neymar and Sanchez are on the pitch, and Tata decides to sub out Sanchez, it'll be Pedro coming in, not Deulofeu. It's a matter of order, not side.

And it's not as if Tello never played on the right.

JamDav1982

Again, that's not how it works. If Neymar and Sanchez are on the pitch, and Tata decides to sub out Sanchez, it'll be Pedro coming in, not Deulofeu. It's a matter of order, not side.

And it's not as if Tello never played on the right.

It is how it works as Tello can only play on the left and barely ever has been picked to play on the right.

If all the players were fit just now Neymar would start on the left and Sanchez on the right.

If either Neymar or Sanchez were injured then Pedro would start ahead of them or be first to come in if one of them was being substituted.

Duelofeu would be second choice on the right and only behind one player in the pecking order. Tello is behind three.

Stric

Do you even read the nonsense you write? If Neymar, Sanchez and Pedro are ahead of Deulofeu, how is he the second choice?

Stric

:lol: :lol:

Why would it be any different next season? You seriously think Deulofeu would sooner be picked to play on the right than Pedro? Even though Pedro is ambidextrous and has played most of his games for Barcelona on the right? And is a superior player. And has played several seasons for Barcelona. I guess it really doesn't make sense discussing it with you, then.

JamDav1982

:lol: :lol:

Why would it be any different next season? You seriously think Deulofeu would sooner be picked to play on the right than Pedro? Even though Pedro is ambidextrous and has played most of his games for Barcelona on the right? I guess it really doesn't make sense discussing it with you, then.

Pedro is nowhere near as good on the right for Barcelona and is much stronger on the left. He gets picked there as back up to Sanchez as there is no one else.

Wait and see.

Alarcón

If Tello leaves and Deulofeu takes his place, that's when the real shit will start. Unlike Tello, Deulofeu doesn't strike me as the kind of player who would be OK with being the fourth choice. And he definitely wouldn't be anything else in his first few seasons, at least.

Deulofeu can play on the right so if he's good enough, which I believe he is, he'll get his minutes.

Stric

Pedro is nowhere near as good on the right for Barcelona and is much stronger on the left. He gets picked there as back up to Sanchez as there is no one else.

Wait and see.

Yes, Pedro is better on the left (just like Sanchez and Deulofeu, for that matter, but that's a different story altogether). But just because he himself plays better on the left, doesn't mean Deulofeu plays better than him on the right. :lol:

JamDav1982

Yes, Pedro is better on the left (just like Sanchez and Deulofeu, for that matter, but that's a different story altogether). But just because he himself plays better on the left, doesn't mean Deulofeu plays better than him on the right. :lol:

Deulofeu has been mainly on the right for a while now in the b team and at Everton. There is nothing to suggest he is better on the left.

As I said we can wait and see but for a while now they have been getting Deulofeu ready for a spot on the RW.

Stric

Again, irrelevant. Pedro is still superior and will play ahead of him. Especially in the first season. :lol: Besides, for all we know, Pedro might be the starter ahead of Sanchez at that time, just like he is now sometimes. Maybe it will be Sanchez that Deulofeu has to compete with for the second spot.

JamDav1982

Again, irrelevant. Pedro is still superior and will play ahead of him. Especially in the first season. :lol: Besides, for all we know, Pedro might be the starter ahead of Sanchez at that time, just like he is now sometimes. Maybe it will be Sanchez that Deulofeu has to compete with for the second spot.

Yeah the fact that he has played on the RW for Everton and majority of time last season is just 'irrelevant' when it contradicts what you have said.

It is much easier to get minutes on the right wing at Barca than the left. Having RW Sanchez and a RW Pedro to compete with is easier than a LW Neymar and LW Pedro as Tello faces.

Home of Barca Fans