Cristian Tello

EdmondDantes

He's still very young, and I think he'll make it big somewhere in a year or two. He may not be good enough to play for us, but to give him away like that seems to be a foolish decision. Regardless of anything; I wish him the best of luck.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Nice passes by Jackson for the first two goals. Tello is rather an one dimensional player but if you play a high line against him and he has someone in his team who picks out the right passes he is going to punish you. Think of his hat-trick when Leo assisted all 3 goals in a similar way.

Gohan

Super Saiyan
Wow, so because of the hat-trick the pendulum of this forum has swung in his favour again.

He basically just doubled his number of goals. He's on 5 or 6 now.

It doesn't seem like he's been having an amazing season.

Good, someone that doesn't actually loses his mind and jumps on the hype train.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like Barca has to pay if they want Tello back at the end of season. I knew there had to be a catch to option of rescinding 2 year loan.

Pathetic business from Barca

JamDav1982

Looks like Barca has to pay if they want Tello back at the end of season. I knew there had to be a catch to option of rescinding 2 year loan.

Pathetic business from Barca

How is it pathetic business?

You rather they just sold him or had no option whatsoever to bring him back?

Even if Barca do have to pay something to take him back Porto have most likely paid for a season loan anyway.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
His loan is until his contract with Barca expires.
Porto payed 2 million for loan. So if we want him back we're losing some od that money, if not all.
Great deal to give a player for peanuts.

JamDav1982

His loan is until his contract with Barca expires.
Porto payed 2 million for loan. So if we want him back we're losing some od that money, if not all.
Great deal to give a player for peanuts.

Porto pay 11m for the loan if he stays for the full two years do they not?

How would you like Tello to have left on what type of sale?

JamDav1982

Simple, I would have liked if we loaned him for a season without additional clauses.

You are assuming the player and Porto would have been fine with that.

I am sure can remember it was Tello who wanted that two year loan and clauses. Not wanting Barca to just take him back and barely play.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Tello had 2 more years on his contract. Hearing what's good for Porto or Tello is fine but you forgot Barca in that picture. The club bent over for Porto and Tello (if what you are saying is true). Same as they did for Sevilla.
Zubi was a moron od such magnitude that even Bart realized he needed to be sacked.

JamDav1982

Tello had 2 more years on his contract. Hearing what's good for Porto or Tello is fine but you forgot Barca in that picture. The club bent over for Porto and Tello (if what you are saying is true). Same as they did for Sevilla.
Zubi was a moron od such magnitude that even Bart realized he needed to be sacked.

No they never 'bent over for Porto'.

Tello did not want a one year loan and maybe neither did Porto. Both were pushing for a permanent 12m deal at the time. It was Barca that held onto the loan plus clauses deal.

Your ideal one year loan option was very unlikely to happen and rather than saying to Tello he can sit and rot unless he does things their way. A compromise was found where Tello has some stability at Porto for next couple of years unless Barca show some desire to take him back.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
:lol: Madrid can loan Cheryshev ( and insert a clause that he can't play vs. them btw.) or god knows who else and Barca can't find a club to loan Tello out.
Makes perfect sense!

JamDav1982

:lol: Madrid can loan Cheryshev ( and insert a clause that he can't play vs. them btw.) or god knows who else and Barca can't find a club to loan Tello out.
Makes perfect sense!

Cheryshev probably still thinks he can make it at Madrid but Tello did not seem to want a years loan to then be recalled and go back to situation he had the previous two years.

Two totally different situations.

Home of Barca Fans