Cristian Tello

Birdy

Pep should consider starting him way more often..
he is a pure winger.. And we really have only 3 wingers. Pedro, Cuenca and him..
Alexis can play there, but he is more of a central winger. He likes start centrally and drift where the spaces are..
Villa was never a winger..

Well, Guardiola knows what to do in order for us to have width

ivan22

I'm not surprised at all, ivan...In fact, I'm only surprised that he didn't play at the start of the 2nd half...Pace is missing from this lineup and it's putting far too much pressure on Leo

why? do you follow his trainingprogress? I don't think anybody would have bet money on tello being subbed in over cuenca

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
why? do you follow his trainingprogress? I don't think anybody would have bet money on tello being subbed in over cuenca

Tello has been on a verge for some first team action for a good couple of years now. After he came back to Barça from Espanyol (after a short on season loan spell at Damm) he has been quite impressive. And he really seems to be coming of age and skill in order to play at the highest level.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife

Speed...That's sorely missing from the attack, atm...We saw it the last time he played for the 1st team, one can see it even with the B side...He's the most aggressive attacking player with both speed & technique on the B team or 1st team...He does what Deulofeu could/should be doing

I still go back to Villa & Pedro's losses...It's a big change to a well oiled attacking machine...Cesc has a lot of great attributes and can contribute to any side on the planet...but he lacks pace...There were at least 2 or 3 moments where a through ball was played to him by Leo and he simply couldn't get onto the end of it...The team gets narrower and narrower as a result and the defense can squeeze Leo into less & less space

We didn't necessarily need to see the club go out into the market to make up for Villa's absence since the cantera has a kid in Tello who could help...I suppose the issue might be how much he can play with the first team without promotion...but I thought the last 2 matches made it abundantly clear that speed is missing from the attack...When I read Tello was called up at the last moment, I figured Pep et al understood this...but to only sub him as late as he did?...I think it's a fair criticism of Guardiola

Last edited:

abual3bed1

Speed...That's sorely missing from the attack, atm...We saw it the last time he played for the 1st team, one can see it even with the B side...He's the most agressive attacking player with both speed & technique on the B team or 1st team...He does what Deulofeu could/should be doing

I still go back to Villa & Pedro's losses...It's a big change to a well oiled attacking machine...Cesc has a lot of great attributes and can contribute to any side on the planet...but he lacks pace...There were at least 2 or 3 moments where a through ball was played to him by Leo and he simply couldn't get onto the end of it...The team gets narrower and narrower as a result and the defense can squeeze Leo into less & less space

We didn't necessarily need to see the club go out into the market to make up for Villa's absence since the cantera has a kid in Tello who could help...I suppose the issue might be how much he can play with the first team without promotion...but I thought the last 2 matches made it abundantly clear that speed is missing from the attack...When I read Tello was called up at the last moment, I figured Pep et al understood this...but to only sub him as late as he did?...I think it's a fair criticism of Guardiola

:goodpost:

yes .. Tello can provide the team right now with his pace .. non bar Messi does any runs on the flanks .. Alexis cuts more inside to pass or take a shot .. maybe Tello - Cuenca on the flanks will help Leo to have some space through the middle .. scoring goals will never be problem with Leo on the team .. so if he find some help from the wingers like he used to find with Pedro .. it'll be great .. it'll open more spaces and make finding gaps easier ..

Cuenca with his great crosses .. Tello with his runs into the area will be something better than the current status of our front line ..

Kerrybai

Greetings from Ireland.

I don't see any problem with Tello becoming predictable and only taking players on the outside, Provided 2 things.
1. Firstly that he can continue to do it well.
2. Secondly that he can cross the ball well.

The likes of Theo Walcott mostly cut outside but it's not a problem because they do it well. However Walcott has a bad final delivery. I have a lot of hope for both Cuenca and Tello who appear to both run and beat players well along with crossing the ball well.

Co0ter

No.

Tello > Duelofeu

Deulofeu is young, so I tried not to be too harsh on him. However, I haven't seen anything impressive from the kid what-so-ever. He lacks any creativity on the ball but has pace, pace he seems to use to bolt INTO defenders. He was probably very nervous, but if you want to play for the Barca first team- Man up.

Cuenca was fantastic for us when he first started playing, I'm not sure why he's been so quiet the last 2-3 appearances.

Tello- Very, very excited about this player. The second he blew away his defender in the Copa match I fell in love with him. We NEED a player who can take on defenders 1 vs 1 with pace, it's exactly why I was so excited for Alexis...but he never takes on his defender, it's like he's afraid to lose the ball and have Pep get mad at him. It's the same reason why I liked Afellay despite other people saying he's not good enough, the kid is FAST (was our fastest player before his injury) and can dribble. I hope he didn't lose his speed from the knee injury :(

gingerless

yeah, alexis takes on his defender a lot less than he did in udinese. i don't think it's so much that he's intimidated, it's more about having more on his hands to deal with (pressing, passing, creating space, keeping the ball moving, looking for outlets) which comes with playing for this barca. tello is very direct and i haven't seen that with villa/alexis/pedro, but i think it's what we need, maybe not good to play someone like that for 90 mins but a great impact sub.

Tonykross

Another winger we should be excited about is Allain Richard Ebwelle, he is a dynamite with the ball, his close control and dribbling is as good as KING MESSI.

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
his close control and dribbling is as good as KING MESSI.
tumblr_lardc92BUW1qbhtrto1_500.gif

Home of Barca Fans