Cristian Tello

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Pep's fault really... throwing him to the wolves, what the hell was he thinking!? Still he did well for a 20 year old first timer, the super star signings themselves aren't delivering for us, we can't expect much better for him. At least he did the basics right!!

It's not even like Pep had better optiosn either, he had no body in scoring form and he thought Tello was the closest we had who could be a goal threat. He was proved right indeed, Tello found himself at the end of good goal scoring chances but in the end inexperience got the better of him. It's just sad Pep didn't find himself with options :(

Rodolfo

Pep's fault really... throwing him to the wolves, what the hell was he thinking!? Still he did well for a 20 year old first timer, the super star signings themselves aren't delivering for us, we can't expect much better for him. At least he did the basics right!!

It's not even like Pep had better optiosn either, he had no body in scoring form and he thought Tello was the closest we had who could be a goal threat. He was proved right indeed, Tello found himself at the end of good goal scoring chances but in the end inexperience got the better of him. It's just sad Pep didn't find himself with options :(

i would choose pedro anyday of the week instead of tello, played an amazing level of football for the past couple of years, and all of a sudden u choose a 20year older instead of him? i mean come on...he is not the next messi.

Chainsaw

Killahead

Choosing Tello for this match was a risky decision and it didn't really deliver as well. Tello didn't play good and missed chances as well. Last night I barely saw Barca being as serious as expected for an El Clasico and it also reflected on Pep's line-up and changes. I expected Pedro and Cesc coming in for Tello and Iniesta after an hour but that never happened. It was an odd match really. Barca looked pretty much toothless and it seemed that they're not even bothered with it.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Choosing Tello for this match was a risky decision and it didn't really deliver as well. Tello didn't play good and missed chances as well. Last night I barely saw Barca being as serious as expected for an El Clasico and it also reflected on Pep's line-up and changes. I expected Pedro and Cesc coming in for Tello and Iniesta after an hour but that never happened. It was an odd match really. Barca looked pretty much toothless and it seemed that they're not even bothered with it.
May be pep was never actually trolling with his "League is over" statements... May be he just was saying "We actually gave up fighting for the league"

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
Pep tried to show some faith in the kid by starting him and thought he would rise to the occasion. He was wrong but the league was lost when we lost to Osasuna anyways. Athletic Bilbao and Sevilla were not going to beat the Merengues.

Yugo Count Dante

Tello is a gem, if he learns to use his speed wisely and better passing upfront he is starting material.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Tello is a gem, if he learns to use his speed wisely and better passing upfront he is starting material.

Tello is also a bit selfish and show off. He reminds me of Quaresma somehow. If he doesn't adjust these characteristics he WILL become another Quaresma! He needs to be more of a team player and try to play more simple but effective than luxurious but ineffective. The chance he blew to the sky was a perfect example of him trying to do a simple thing the hard way.

Yugo Count Dante

Tello is also a bit selfish and show off. He reminds me of Quaresma somehow. If he doesn't adjust these characteristics he WILL become another Quaresma! He needs to be more of a team player and try to play more simple but effective than luxurious but ineffective. The chance he blew to the sky was a perfect example of him trying to do a simple thing the hard way.
Yeah exactly, I was cursing him the whole game for blowing shit up. The glimpses of class he showed are an indication that he could become something good for the team, like you said, IF he adjusts.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
I would like to see him play a little closer to the middle and make some runs behind the defense...

I don't know what's everybody's problem with Tello.

He might not have played as well as a player deserving to start against Real Madrid, but still, I'd say he did the basics right. His first touch, short clean passes, pace, confidence were all quite decent in my opinion.

Yes, he did blow many opportunities, though, considering that he's only 20, and that he never expected to be placed in the starting line up in such an important match, I would not easily call him the "flop of the match."

shockey80

I agree. He has so much potential and everyone just needs to accept that there will be growing pains along the way.

Could have easily scored yesterday and the fact that he put himself in good areas is a positive.

Home of Barca Fans