Cristiano Ronaldo - v1

oz187

With players of such extremely high profile, the years left on their contracts don't make that big of a difference.
It does make a signicant difference, because if his club takes a tough stance then the player can just stay for a year and leave for free, meaning he'd be able to get an even bigger signing on fee. In which case the club gets nothing.

Also Neymar didn't go for 57M. He went for 17M, with the 40M going to Neymar...

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
No they wouldnt they would have got 17m.

Which they didnt get they got about 9m.

This after all does seem to be the correct story. The investors claimed that, if Santos indeed got 57M according to Barcelona, they should have gotten more. But after a while everything clears up bit by bit and 17M total seems to be correct. 40M into the pockets of others, Neymar and father included. Bizarre...

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I think that could count as his signing on fee. Anyone else buying him would have had to pay the same (actually even more, he turned down higher offers to come to us).

Stric

:lol: I am sooooooo happy that you really believe that because your world must be so fun to be in!

It's true. 17 million is what the transfer fee was. All of the owners got their share out of it. The rest, 40 million, went into Neymar's pocket. Flavia explained this recently, in Brazil they have players' fees, which means that, regardless of how much time a player has left on his contract, or whether he has a contract at all or he is a free agent, you still have to pay him a fee to sign him.

mixer

2932681_1.jpg

Never seen this before :VdB:

footyfan

Calma, calma
Wow, this 2012/13 compilation really summarizes how much better he has become as a player this season. Definitely the 2nd best player in the world, people who say Iniesta don't watch Madrid enough to know how much of a difference Ronaldo really makes.

Ursegor

World Champion
Hilarious. I was watching the same video yesterday after watching the Messi one on that channel and was thinking to myself that he must be the most overrated player that has ever existed. Passes beyond the 5 yard mark are inexecutable for him, he doesn't create chances for his teammates, his dribbling is kicking the ball and running after it, when he gets crowded out he loses the ball quite easily, his stepovers are ridiculously ineffective and just show and his finishes are 95 % tap-ins. The only area in which he is a superior footballer than Iniesta is inside the box. I expect his effectivety to shrink under Ancelotti if they really plan to switch to possession football. Mourinho's all-out-counterattacking style was producing bucketloads of space and 4 vs. 2 situations where he could tap-in one goal after another. Recall all of his Clasico goals for a second. In literally ALL of them he was 1 on 1 with the keeper. His movement is top class though. Basically a rich man's Chicharito. :coffee:

PS: Are you the male version of Maria now, footyfan?

Last edited:

raskolnikov

Hilarious. I was watching the same video yesterday after watching the Messi one on that channel and was thinking to myself that he must be the most overrated player that has ever existed. Passes beyond the 5 yard mark are inexecutable for him, he doesn't create chances for his teammates, his dribbling is kicking the ball and running after it, when he gets crowded out he loses the ball quite easily, his stepovers are ridiculously ineffective and just show and his finishes are 95 % tap-ins. The only area in which he is a superior footballer than Iniesta is inside the box. I expect his effectivety to shrink under Ancelotti if they really plan to switch to possession football. Mourinho's all-out-counterattacking style was producing bucketloads of space and 4 vs. 2 situations where he could tap-in one goal after another. Recall all of his Clasico goals for a second. In literally ALL of them he was 1 on 1 with the keeper. His movement is top class though. Basically a rich man's Chicharito. :coffee:

PS: Are you the male version of Maria now, footyfan?

I wont be throwing that Einstein quote around but we really should have done something about that space against Real.
Mourinho's counterstyle was perfect against us and allowed Cristiano to score every game.
On the flipside, they got exposed against quality sides who let them attack (United,Bayern,Dortmund.

I agree that these physical machine type players like him and Bale are overrated ( Suarez and Van Persie have a lot more skills than Bale) yet they are extremely effective and pull of a lot of wins.
Cristiano is lucky to have a counter attacking system set up for him to shine in and being able to shoot on goal 8 times in a game.
I wonder if Ancelotti will change a lot and how it will affect his play/goal scoring.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Wow, this 2012/13 compilation really summarizes how much better he has become as a player this season. Definitely the 2nd best player in the world, people who say Iniesta don't watch Madrid enough to know how much of a difference Ronaldo really makes.

Sooo damn overrated. Neymar can reach his level in this season already :neymar:

Home of Barca Fans