Cristiano Ronaldo - v1

Beast

The Observer
Hilarious. I was watching the same video yesterday after watching the Messi one on that channel and was thinking to myself that he must be the most overrated player that has ever existed. Passes beyond the 5 yard mark are inexecutable for him, he doesn't create chances for his teammates, his dribbling is kicking the ball and running after it, when he gets crowded out he loses the ball quite easily, his stepovers are ridiculously ineffective and just show and his finishes are 95 % tap-ins. The only area in which he is a superior footballer than Iniesta is inside the box. I expect his effectivety to shrink under Ancelotti if they really plan to switch to possession football. Mourinho's all-out-counterattacking style was producing bucketloads of space and 4 vs. 2 situations where he could tap-in one goal after another. Recall all of his Clasico goals for a second. In literally ALL of them he was 1 on 1 with the keeper. His movement is top class though. Basically a rich man's Chicharito. :coffee:

PS: Are you the male version of Maria now, footyfan?

I think sometimes your posts are like the hair style in your avatar ...

Cristiano had 10 assists in the league , third behind Benzema & Ozil for Real
And when you consider Messi had 12 assists last season ... Even overall with all the games in all club competition Cristiano had 12, Messi had 14
So if they means he doesn't create chances for his team mates can you say the same about Messi because the difference is minimum
I fail to see the reason why you post about something you have no clue about

Ursegor

World Champion
I think sometimes your posts are like the hair style in your avatar ...

Cristiano had 10 assists in the league , third behind Benzema & Ozil for Real
And when you consider Messi had 12 assists last season ... Even overall with all the games in all club competition Cristiano had 12, Messi had 14
So if they means he doesn't create chances for his team mates can you say the same about Messi because the difference is minimum
I fail to see the reason why you post about something you have no clue about

Don't hate on that hairstyle. :neymar:

Beast, my bestest buddy. Look. Let me explain it to you so you too can be enlightened as I am. Ronaldo is playing upfront in a team that is scoring like 150 goals in all competitions and probably creating 5 times the amount of chances of that number. With minimal defensive duties. And playing every single game. He's the first outlet in every counterattack. He's absolutely bound to get double digit number of assists. It's impossible not to. However it doesn't automatically mean he's creative or a good passer. I don't think we really need to start a debate about Messi's and Ronaldo's passing and creativity. I mean ... seriously. If Pedro and Alexis could finish Messi would have 50+ assists in a season.

Also, what happened to your opinion of selling Ronaldo? You wanted him gone, you remember? I have a memory like an elephant. :horse:

lovebarca

Beast, my bestest buddy. Look. Let me explain it to you so you too can be enlightened as I am. Ronaldo is playing upfront in a team that is scoring like 150 goals in all competitions and probably creating 5 times the amount of chances of that number. With minimal defensive duties. And playing every single game. He's the first outlet in every counterattack. He's absolutely bound to get double digit number of assists. It's impossible not to. However it doesn't automatically mean he's creative or a good passer. I don't think we really need to start a debate about Messi's and Ronaldo's passing and creativity. I mean ... seriously. If Pedro and Alexis could finish Messi would have 50+ assists in a season.

Also, what happened to your opinion of selling Ronaldo? You wanted him gone, you remember? I have a memory like an elephant. :horse:
I am agree with everything you say but why you yourself told elephant to you and then give pictures of horse?

Beast

The Observer

I'm all for selling him (you can see on our RM forum ) ... but until that happen i'm going to defend his case...

he maybe a bitch but he is our bitch ;) still

footyfan

Calma, calma
Hilarious. I was watching the same video yesterday after watching the Messi one on that channel and was thinking to myself that he must be the most overrated player that has ever existed. Passes beyond the 5 yard mark are inexecutable for him, he doesn't create chances for his teammates, his dribbling is kicking the ball and running after it, when he gets crowded out he loses the ball quite easily, his stepovers are ridiculously ineffective and just show and his finishes are 95 % tap-ins. The only area in which he is a superior footballer than Iniesta is inside the box. I expect his effectivety to shrink under Ancelotti if they really plan to switch to possession football. Mourinho's all-out-counterattacking style was producing bucketloads of space and 4 vs. 2 situations where he could tap-in one goal after another. Recall all of his Clasico goals for a second. In literally ALL of them he was 1 on 1 with the keeper. His movement is top class though. Basically a rich man's Chicharito. :coffee:

Even you know that your post is mostly hyperbole. His skills are very much suited to a counter-attacking team, so what sense does it make to judge him on skills that are mostly required for a possession game. It's equivalent to saying Xavi is just completely overrated as a footballer this season because he has no pace, no strength, no finishing, no defensive abilities, no attacking movement etc. etc or saying that Iniesta's super control is also "ridiculously ineffective" if all it results in is a back-pass to Xavi or Busquets.

Like I said, I am fairly certain you don't watch enough Madrid games, he has stepped up in the majority of the games where they needed him. Iniesta for Barcelona simply is not as effective because he has Messi in front of him. With Messi missing, we saw what happened to Barcelona this season. It's entirely possible that given an extended period of time without Messi in the team, Iniesta will stamp his authority on the game.

As for Ronaldo under Ancelotti, we'll see what happens, I am really excited to watch the games next season. Man Utd with Ronaldo was also a team that was fairly possession based.

PS: Are you the male version of Maria now, footyfan?

As in?

Leo10

:goodpost:

I watched this video after the Messi one and noticed 2 things.

1. His stepovers are so ineffective, failed to beat 1 defender most of the time.
2. So many tap-ins, its either tap-ins or lucky shots from outside the box, why lucky? Because we all know how many shots on goal he has every game, some of them have to get in sometime.

The commentator in 12:27 sums it up nicely - "Not exactly a goal of beauty, but the ugly goals count just as much".

Last edited:

raskolnikov

The weird part is tons of Madrid fans saying he doesnt dive anymore, and how he is more mature and less selfish since joining, them from United.
To me he is the exact same player, arrogant,selfish and dives often, guess I must have a biased view.

Cule4life

The Culest
Even you know that your post is mostly hyperbole. His skills are very much suited to a counter-attacking team, so what sense does it make to judge him on skills that are mostly required for a possession game. It's equivalent to saying Xavi is just completely overrated as a footballer this season because he has no pace, no strength, no finishing, no defensive abilities, no attacking movement etc. etc or saying that Iniesta's super control is also "ridiculously ineffective" if all it results in is a back-pass to Xavi or Busquets.

Like I said, I am fairly certain you don't watch enough Madrid games, he has stepped up in the majority of the games where they needed him. Iniesta for Barcelona simply is not as effective because he has Messi in front of him. With Messi missing, we saw what happened to Barcelona this season. It's entirely possible that given an extended period of time without Messi in the team, Iniesta will stamp his authority on the game.

As for Ronaldo under Ancelotti, we'll see what happens, I am really excited to watch the games next season. Man Utd with Ronaldo was also a team that was fairly possession based.

As in?

:thumbsup2:

This should convince a normal person but not Ursegor
Ronaldo is a tad overrated but Ursegor makes him out be Heskey 2.0

7csc

The weird part is tons of Madrid fans saying he doesnt dive anymore, and how he is more mature and less selfish since joining, them from United.
To me he is the exact same player, arrogant,selfish and dives often, guess I must have a biased view.
Yeah it's more the inverse, he's more selfish now in my opinion.But it's nothing new, even the club where he is , IMO is like that too lol

xavisionary

He should be an inspiration for any kid trying to break into the first team of a club. Very, very raw at 17/18 - lots of natural talent obviously, but nothing in Messi or Maradona's league - so he worked unbelievably hard to refine his technique and have a monster physique. Maybe poor examples, but someone like Kakuta or Bojan could have learned from CR7.

F

Flavia

He should be an inspiration for any kid trying to break into the first team of a club. Very, very raw at 17/18 - lots of natural talent obviously, but nothing in Messi or Maradona's league - so he worked unbelievably hard to refine his technique and have a monster physique. Maybe poor examples, but someone like Kakuta or Bojan could have learned from CR7.

Yeah, his drive to try to become the best it's admirable. There's many things I don't like about him, but this aspect of him I respect.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
He's actually a great guy and great role model. He is vain but not in a destructive way and he can laugh at himself.

Faceless

No more faces at night
He's actually a great guy and great role model. He is vain but not in a destructive way and he can laugh at himself.

Well to admit I don't hate the guy as much as I used to..
"I'm the first, second and third best player in the world." -CR7
Well of course there's still some disliking about his confidence.

mixer

16911_617320864965881_940451123_n.jpg

Home of Barca Fans