Cristiano Ronaldo - v1

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
Anyone else see that Bruno Alves was "captain" of Portugal so he could vote for Ronaldo? Portugal did this last year as well.

I don't blame them, finishing second place is a failure. I have never been able to understand how you see athletes who get Bronze or Silver medals at the Olympics and then they bounce around in celebration as if it's something awesome, yes they got a medal, but they are still losers. I would chuck my medal away in disgust and go and make sure I never lost again, that's just me though. :lol:

El Gato

Villarato!
People shitting on Ronaldo despite his relaxed approach to the whole gala. The dude was smiling around, shaking hands and applauding Messi. He knew Messi was better this year. Simple as.

Chainsaw

Killahead
I don't blame them, finishing second place is a failure. I have never been able to understand how you see athletes who get Bronze or Silver medals at the Olympics and then they bounce around in celebration as if it's something awesome, yes they got a medal, but they are still losers. I would chuck my medal away in disgust and go and make sure I never lost again, that's just me though. :lol:

So you call an Olympics medalist a "loser"??! Perfect!

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
People shitting on Ronaldo despite his relaxed approach to the whole gala. The dude was smiling around, shaking hands and applauding Messi. He knew Messi was better this year. Simple as.

Dude. He wasn't relaxed even when they showed the short movie about him. Doesn't matter though, it's normal to be nervous.
I think Ronaldo was gracious enough though.
Of course he's gonna be disappointed, I bet Iniesta felt he could win it too, Spain deserved a winner by now.
In the end Ronaldo clapped for Messi, what more can one ask.

El Gato

Villarato!
Probably utter humiliation considering how vindictive people are. But no matter. Congrats to Messi.

Cule4life

The Culest

Atleast he did turn up unlike the only one

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101

Wolfe is right... for once :p

Just kidding!

Doobs

The Messiah
I don't know about you guys, but I'm done with the Ronaldo hate. I thought it was decent of him to clap for Leo. We knew Leo was better, known it for a while. Who cares if he thinks he's better?

Also, spamming pictures of his reaction is pathetic.

Leo10

Ronaldo relaxed? You haven't watched the pre-gala interviews did you? Ronaldo arrived 20 minutes late, with a hat to hide his hair, had tears in his eyes after the first question, got asked twice about why wasn't he the captain voting for Portugal, and looked pissed the entire interview.

Ronaldo was relaxed. :lol:

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
No, it looks like the keepers are messing up, but that is not what is happening. His shots create optical illusions, when you try to block where they are heading you frequently look like an idiot with the ball whizzing by, close but untouched. The combination of the velocity and the random curve are impossible to stop. CR7 might even be aiming right at the keepers, just letting the swerve get it by them. It's the best long-range shot of all time, you have to give the guy credit even if he is so hard to like.
Do you mean Ronaldo? Or the knuckle ball technique he uses?
Because if its the first then Juninho would like a word >_>....
If not then definitely. Much respect to him for learning and being pretty effective with a hard technique.

GiantKiller

I don't know about you guys, but I'm done with the Ronaldo hate. I thought it was decent of him to clap for Leo. We knew Leo was better, known it for a while. Who cares if he thinks he's better?

Also, spamming pictures of his reaction is pathetic.

Agree. This Ronaldo hate seems really pointless to me. I don't actually remember hating him though because to be perfectly honest, I watch Ronaldo the footballer and all this nitpicking just defeats the purpose of being a football fan.

Cule4life

The Culest
Agree. This Ronaldo hate seems really pointless to me. I don't actually remember hating him though because to be perfectly honest, I watch Ronaldo the footballer and all this nitpicking just defeats the purpose of being a football fan.

If only he could keep his mouth shut we would all admire him. "i would vote for myself, I am the 1st 2nd and 3rd best player". He should fire his PR guys :D

Home of Barca Fans