Cristiano Ronaldo - v1

Henry_IB

Banned
BE YOURSELF and BE HUMBLE. Two things he doesn't do himself.

Still can't take him seriously unfortunately.

I choked on my drink when he said be humble to the kids. But people have a point, he has improved. Not enough to fully redeem himself but at least he's just a minor annoyance now compared to a full blown headache like he used to be.

Ursegor

World Champion
I'm confused. He's gotten better? Really? That weird "sadness" story? His "Injusticia" antics? His condescending "calma" celebration to opponent's fans? Publicly dissing Messi's Copa America performances? His "too much humility is vanity" comments? "I give myself a 10 out of 10 and the team 9 out of 10"? How has he become better? Even Casillas hates his guts, voting for Ramos for the Ballon d'Or, hence not backing Ronaldo. Not celebrating his goals. Which is why he's getting punished by Mourinho now.

barcanuck

I'm confused. He's gotten better? Really? That weird "sadness" story? His "Injusticia" antics? His condescending "calma" celebration to opponent's fans? Publicly dissing Messi's Copa America performances? His "too much humility is vanity" comments? "I give myself a 10 out of 10 and the team 9 out of 10"? How has he become better? Even Casillas hates his guts, voting for Ramos for the Ballon d'Or, hence not backing Ronaldo. Not celebrating his goals. Which is why he's getting punished by Mourinho now.

Spot on. Just want to add that Iker is being punished for not voting for Ronaldo :)

Doobs

The Messiah
Was wondering, If you were in Cristiano Ronaldo's place losing out to probably the greatest player the world has ever seen, how would you keep yourself motivated?

If you ask me, I'd tell you that I would keep telling myself that I'm better. I think this would hold true for all players from Ronaldo to 2nd division players. In order to be the best you must strive be the best. Its worth thinking about, I think.

Of course, this doesn't mean you publicly go and state your better :lol:

Yugo Count Dante

Ronaldo has shown himself as a more mature footballer and character recently. He doesn't whine or acts like a little child on the pitch or in front of the media. Hope he keeps up like that. He has too much football in his boots left, it'd be great if we could enjoy that side of him and not the drama that sometimes he carries. Mourinho on the other hand is a grown old man who cannot leave the douchbaggery for once. Good thing Ronaldo did not follow him and attended the gala. Respect
I agree, if it wasn't for him playing for untd and real i'd probably like the player.

I used to hate on him but now I just don't care and appreciate his skill.

F

Flavia

This. People seem to forget things too quickly. I doubt he has changed. He's trying to change his image, because he thinks that's what is keeping him from getting the balon dor. Besides all that Ursegor mentioned, he gave up portugal captancy for a month again, so bruno alves could vote for him. I cannot respect someone who does that.

BarcaGirl

This. People seem to forget things too quickly. I doubt he has changed. He's trying to change his image, because he thinks that's what is keeping him from getting the balon dor. Besides all that Ursegor mentioned, he gave up portugal captancy for a month again, so bruno alves could vote for him. I cannot respect someone who does that.

Certain fans are strangely silent on this. If mascherano had “captained” for a day and voted for messi, reaction would have been different.

Garrus

That's as good as cheating!, If FIFA has an decency they'll ban him from being nominated next year, And i'm shocked about the media's silence about this.

MikeyX

That's as good as cheating!, If FIFA has an decency they'll ban him from being nominated next year, And i'm shocked about the media's silence about this.

probably because there's no way to effectively evidence it.. but then again, when have the media ever needed some sort of proof?
I thought it was a pretty low blow but I certainly think all the ridicule he is getting (pictures of him at the gala when Messi gets the award et al) are pretty ridiculous. Did anyone catch Iniesta's reaction? He looked pretty perplexed of some sort.. or is that just me? Sure it doesn't mean anything but it just goes to prove how people will just nitpick to align their stories..

GiantKiller

Its very easy as Barca fans to hate on Ronaldo but the guy deserves a huge amount of respect. He used to wind me up with his antics (still does sometimes) but the way he has dragged Madrid through games constantly and the amount of work he does to improve his game is incredible. He's unlucky to be playing in the same era as Messi and his frustration is completely understandable in this sense, especially considering he had a really strong case to win this year given his teams success. Still though, its impossible to deny that Messi is the best in the world and it looks like this will be the case for seasons to come so the Ballon D'or could become a bit of a farce over the next few years....

Well, if Messi continues to win because he deserves to in the future, then I'd disagree with everyone who thinks it will be/is a farce irrespective of how many times he wins. :)

ricknattery

Well I was refering to his persona after the "sadness" statement in front of the media. It's a short period of time I know, I might be wrong and he might go back to the antics but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt

M

mitkoa7x

He got absolutely murdered when everyone stood up and applauded Leo

Galning

I didn't have the opportunity to vote, I suffered from a knock and went home. I didn't vote. Did you understand? Good? *Cristiano nod*

Home of Barca Fans