Cristiano Ronaldo - v1

dakt

You're being too dogmatic, looking for the flaws based on Messi style of play. Ronaldo doesn't have to be Messi-esque. Ronaldo is more direct. Premier league product, after all. his body is also a factor. anyway, There's a all spectrum of footballing abilities and Ronaldo produced AMAZING football, mainly in his pre-i-want-to-get-as-many-goals-possible era, and there are glimpses of that today, sometimes.

Yeah, OK, I can somewhat agree, but for me when you lack the talent, you play more with your muscles and less with your "brain"...a bit too harsh, yes, but it's not too far away from the truth. I'm biased on that, but I adore players that have high football intellect combined with great ball control. So for example, for me, Iniesta in his prime is much better player than Ronaldo. What is so great about these type of players is that they can leave 2,3 players behind with a simple, but smart and well timed move, with almost no force required.

For me, Robben is far superior player (I also don't like him very much, but boy he's so obviously better than Ronaldo):
And just to think, he was also playing for RM...not sure why he exploded only after coming to Bayern.

valk

you don't score 60 goals a year by not using brains . stop with the hating, he's much better than any player not named Messi.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Cristiano pre-gotta beat Messi obsession disorder was a skillful player and an entertaining one as well and that without being that much of a cunt, or well.....atleast much less than he is now.

I liked watching him play football back then. Now he is Penaldo the skillful poacher.

LordLichtenstein

Someone should make a chart of how many goals each have scored by their age.

Ronaldo 20 years - 50
Messi 20 years - 75

and so on. It would be interesting to see.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Someone should make a chart of how many goals each have scored by their age.

Ronaldo 20 years - 50
Messi 20 years - 75

and so on. It would be interesting to see.

Funny enough, I just checked both their wikipedias an hour ago because I was curious where CR stands carreer-wise (nt included).

Well, if no injury occur and they retire at the same age, it's not risky to say that Messi will EASILY have 100-150 more goals, at this moment there is only 21 goals between them, with 3 more full seasons (2 if you count Messi's first season where he only played in 9games) played by CR7 :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cristiano_Ronaldo#Career_statistics

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lionel_Messi#Career_statistics

Last edited:

LordLichtenstein

Do anyone have a chart similar to this, just with Ronaldo's stats? It would be a funny way to compare the two. No age difference.

ddvafaf.png

dakt

you don't score 60 goals a year by not using brains . stop with the hating, he's much better than any player not named Messi.

I don't give a f... if you think he's so much better. For me Robben is so much better. It doesn't have to do anything with the hate, but the fact that he controls the ball MUCH better, moves MUCH better, dribbles MUCH, MUCH, MUCH better.
Don't know about you but penalties and tapins do not require huge intelligence and goal count IS NOT THE ONLY THING that matters for me, especially when one considers that Ronaldo has more than two times more shots on the goal then ANY mentioned player and is served by his teammates like a diva.

LordLichtenstein

Hi guys,

So I am currently digging after certain information regarding Cristiano Ronaldo, I am trying to put together a chart, showing how many goals he had each birthday. Unfortunately I am stuck back in 2002/2003, his very first professional season with Sporting CP.

What I know is this, he scored 5 goals, but that isn't enough, I need the date on which the goals were scored.

When typing "Ronaldo 5 goals Sporting" on youtube, there are many compilation videos, all of which saying, that his 4rd goal for Sporting CP was against Real Betis, which is not true, that was a friendly match.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/back-to-the-future-cristiano-ronaldo-faces-real-betis-the-team-he-scored-his-1st-ever-goal-against/

*EDIT

Nevermind, I have found the information I was looking for :)

These complilation videos is showing the wrong teams.

his 4th goal for Sporting CP was against Estarreja and his 5th was against Oliveira do Hospital, both in Taça de Portugal :)

Last edited:

raskolnikov

Cristiano pre-gotta beat Messi obsession disorder was a skillful player and an entertaining one as well and that without being that much of a cunt, or well.....atleast much less than he is now.

I liked watching him play football back then. Now he is Penaldo the skillful poacher.
He was always a cunt but he went from a whining, showboating faggot type cunt to a more macho diva goalmachine type.

Big difference compared to Manchester period is that he actually seemed happier, smiled more, was more of a teamplayer and actually celebrated with teammates.
Nowadays he seems like a totally different player in that aspect,living in his own world obessed with stats and personal glory.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
And when people say RM fans are obsessed with goals,lol. You're comparing a player who was purely a winger,not even remotely a striker until a few years back to a guy who played as a striker since like forever.

BBZ8800

He was always a cunt but he went from a whining, showboating faggot type cunt to a more macho diva goalmachine type.

Big difference compared to Manchester period is that he actually seemed happier, smiled more, was more of a teamplayer and actually celebrated with teammates.
Nowadays he seems like a totally different player in that aspect,living in his own world obessed with stats and personal glory.

He was a much different player aged 18-19-20.

Back then, an average football fan was always happy when Ronaldo was entering the field.

People who haven't watched him when he was 18-19-20, probably have a wrong picture of Ronaldo.
He is probably one of the players who changed his style the most of all current "famous" players.
In early years, he was extremely entertaining player, with lots of entertaining tricks, he was a winger, a creator, but also, he was a leader of his team's in a build up play.

He was something like Messi today (a creator).
Whenever I watched Man. Utd in his early years, I was just yelling: just pass the ball to Ronaldo, and he will "create" something.
And most of the times, he would just create a chance for his teammate/a goal/an assist, out of nothing, like Messi today.

Today, imo, he is a much worse player.
His stats (in fact, Goal's stats) are much better, but as an overall player, he is waaay weaker.
Imo, something like:
1. aged 18-19-20-21, he was a winger and an awesome creator
2. then he turned into a 50:50 creator and more and more into a goalscorer and created less and less actions, aged 22-26
3. and in the last 3-4 years, lol, he is 90% a scorer and 10% a creator. He is only a shadow of a player he once was.

So, imo, a current Ronaldo is nothing compared to Messi.
But young Ronaldo was really a good player, and really, really entertaining.

Back in 2003-2005, when he was 18-19-20, he was more popular and more "loved/hyped" than Neymar currently.
In 2003, when he was 18 and moved to Man. Utd, the only entertaining players in the world were:
1. Brasilian Ronaldo, aged 28, with horrible injuries and problems with weight
2. Ronaldinho, aged 23
3. and a rising star, young Cristiano aged 18
-- also, in those times, Messi didn't "exist" yet
= Ronaldo had no competition, and he was the only world's future superstar

So, when people think about Ronaldo, don't judge him only based on Real days.
He was a much better player in the past, much more entertaining and he wasn't nowhere near as annoying as today.

For example, in this short video, it is clear that he was a much different player back then, and much more of a creator.
This is his debut in Man. Utd, aged 18 and a half years, back in 2003:
-- he came to Man. utd 3 days before the match

And when people say RM fans are obsessed with goals,lol. You're comparing a player who was purely a winger,not even remotely a striker until a few years back to a guy who played as a striker since like forever.

I didn't write my post to enter a Messi vs Ronaldo debate, but to show that he was really a much different player.
And yes, you are completely right.
Young Ronaldo was a pure winger and a creator in 442 (a MR or a ML)
He was not a FC at all.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans