Cristiano Ronaldo - v1

Morten

If we cant break through Atleticos defences, we should move Ronaldo up as striker in the box. Then we should put in crossers towards him for the rest of the game, at least we have a chance that way.

dakt

It's hard to speak about being the best player, what does it even mean?
Is Xavi better than Ronaldo?
Is Iniesta better than Ronaldo?

For me, they are, since both of them excite emotions every time I see them with the ball. Ronaldo just doesn't. Why? Because he just doesn't have that brilliance, the feel like it's easy. In fact he looks very rigid, stiff AND trained.
Suarez also. I like him as a player and as a person he seems really nice, very hard working fella, has a nose for a goal, but will never be nowhere near sheer brilliance of...say...Iniesta.
So in these aspects, from RM, Modric and Isco are my kind of players.

StarLord

It's hard to speak about being the best player, what does it even mean?
Is Xavi better than Ronaldo?
Is Iniesta better than Ronaldo?

For me, they are, since both of them excite emotions every time I see them with the ball. Ronaldo just doesn't. Why? Because he just doesn't have that brilliance, the feel like it's easy. In fact he looks very rigid, stiff AND trained.
Suarez also. I like him as a player and as a person he seems really nice, very hard working fella, has a nose for a goal, but will never be nowhere near sheer brilliance of...say...Iniesta.
So in these aspects, from RM, Modric and Isco are my kind of players.

Ronaldo is terribly effective at what he does, we cannot overlook this. But at their peak, Iniesta and Xavi were definitely in the discussion of "best in the world" Ronaldo's brilliance has gone on for longer though.

Paganinisrvnge

Anyone else find Benzema much more entertaining to watch? He's not as efficient but more inventive and able to create chances for others. Ronaldo gets all the credit but Benzema does so much work for him.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
Anyone else find Benzema much more entertaining to watch? He's not as efficient but more inventive and able to create chances for others. Ronaldo gets all the credit but Benzema does so much work for him.

Nah,on this forum Benzema gets so much more credit than Ronaldo does.

dakt

I always say when we face RM that I fear more Benzema the Ronaldo. Ronaldo has a chance to prove himself tonight. I don't think he'll step up, but we'll see.

NotInHere

Ronaldo showed up when it most counted, yes I know he missed some gimmies and made poor decisions throughout the game and had it not been for his last assist to Chicharito I would have had a different opinion, but hats off to him even after all the fuck ups he did that didn't restrain him from being vital to his teams ending success.

Also hats off to him for assisting Chicharito, in that moment he could have taken all the glory for himself and shot past the goalkeeper but instead found the open Javier. So in a sense he did show up.

Stric

That even looked more like a lost ball than an intentional assist. :lol:

He was already on the ground, ready to start flailing his arms and weeping like a child, but he changed his mind when he saw that Chicharito got the ball. :lol:

Morten

Didnt have his best match and missed a sitter, but very well played setting the goal up(james as well), and he proved he cared more about the team than his own glory at this moment. Passing it instead of shooting.

Bertus

He was already on the ground, ready to start flailing his arms and weeping like a child, but he changed his mind when he saw that Chicharito got the ball. :lol:

Oh come on. That was an assist. And a nice pass that is.

Bertus

Have to see the replay again but it doesn't change the fact that he was the reason that chance of goal ever became to be.

It's clear on the replay. he sees chicharito and passes the ball.

Sometimes that Ronaldo hate makes some members write some golden bullshit.

JamDav1982

Or he was very unselfish after his movement blew Ateltico wide open....

That goal was all about Ronaldo.

Home of Barca Fans