Cristiano Ronaldo - v1

Pepe Silvia

if valencia is healthy, i'd take my chances with him over rafael. i don't care if rafael is in better form, he is error prone in big matches and fouls recklessly which would make united very vulnerable with cr being a master at drawing fouls. valencia is a safer bet, and he provides better physicality, and assists. position wise, i don't know, i still see cr being too much for valencia but he can frustrate cr if he plays it right.

PearLBLacK

Banned
Good point, but can Valencia play it safe and stay defensive for the greater part of the match? If we use Dani Alves as an example, he was most effective against CR when he played conservative and didn't venture forward as often. Which would limit his offensive contribution. So as far as Valencia is concerned, he'd either play it safe and UTD would have to do without his assists, or he contributes offensively but risks being caught out of position as has happened to Alves many times.

Or play it just perfectly like Phillip Lahm did last season, but can Valencia do that?

M

messi_xavi_iniesta

I think Phil Jones wil play in midfield and help Rafael in the marking of CR. A trio in midfield: Jones-Carrick- Cleverley. That´s my bet.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Alonso is injured... So no need of sacrificing Kagawa. Besides there's always Rooney to help out in the mid field.

Rafael----Vidic----Evans/Ferdi----Evra
-------Carrick--------Cleverley
--------------Kagawa
Valencia-----------------------Rooney
----------------RvP

And the duo of Raael and Valencia on the RW would be good enough to contain Coentrao and CR7 because Coentrao is not as attacking minded as Marcelo is Valencia could hence help Rafael in doublem arking CR7.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Apparently Alonso couldn't complete training yesterday due to his groin but still expected to play/start

loozy

Ah, sorry, didn't know that info. Cheers :)

If he cannot play, I'd say that RM is weakened in midfield.

PearLBLacK

Banned
This legend's hat trick against Sevilla on Saturday was topped by his 182nd goal for Real Madrid. That's 182 goals in 179 matches, a ratio of 1.02. This makes him 6th all time topscorer as well as the best goalscorer in the 110 year history of this club.

The next target is Hugo Sanchez' 208 goals, a difference of 26 goals. He can definitely achieve that before this season is over. Cristiano also aims to reach first place, which should require him at least 2 more seasons. If he stays, definitely. If not, then he'll have cemented his place amongst the greatest players to ever wear white.

Cristiano:
“I’ve always said that records are made to be broken, not just by myself but by the next generation of players. I’m happy to have beaten these records and I’m happy to have reached these numbers. What I want more than anything is to keep on going and try for first place."
“The most special goal that I’ve scored is always my last goal. Those of us that like scoring goals always pick the last one because it’s the most important one for us."

Caps

This legend's hat trick against Sevilla on Saturday was topped by his 182nd goal for Real Madrid. That's 182 goals in 179 matches, a ratio of 1.02. This makes him 6th all time topscorer as well as the best goalscorer in the 110 year history of this club.

The next target is Hugo Sanchez' 208 goals, a difference of 26 goals. He can definitely achieve that before this season is over. Cristiano also aims to reach first place, which should require him at least 2 more seasons. If he stays, definitely. If not, then he'll have cemented his place amongst the greatest players to ever wear white.

Cristiano:

You make me feel physically ill.

Kerrybai

My pleasure. Glad to have instigated your 87th post in 3 years.

Currently has most away liga goals in a season (23) and is the only prayer to have scored vs 19/19 teams as well has scoring in most rounds 27/38. Goal machine doesn't do it justice.. Messi howerever is having a really good go at all 3 of those records this season.

ricknattery

Currently has most away liga goals in a season (23) and is the only prayer to have scored vs 19/19 teams as well has scoring in most rounds 27/38. Goal machine doesn't do it justice.. Messi howerever is having a really good go at all 3 of those records this season.

Can't forget he can score against his own team a feat Messi might not ever reach :lol:

Home of Barca Fans