Cristiano Ronaldo - v1

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Why can't people just accept that he's just a poacher now? His responsibility is just to score goals and he does that without fail. 9 goals in CL semis is proof of that.

He is just a poacher now. However, 9 goals in CL semis is hardly evidence of that, considering that he wasn't JUST a poacher in the past.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
Why can't people just accept that he's just a poacher now? His responsibility is just to score goals and he does that without fail. 9 goals in CL semis is proof of that.

Exactly, which makes it an absolute joke to say he's the best player(even last season when messi was burned out) and give him ballons.
He's just a poacher now, nothing grand about that.

footyfan

Calma, calma
He is just a poacher now. However, 9 goals in CL semis is hardly evidence of that, considering that he wasn't JUST a poacher in the past.

I meant he scores goals without fail. 1 this year vs Juve (with more possibly to come), 2 vs Bayern, 1 vs Dortmund, 2 vs Bayern, 2 vs Arsenal, 1 vs Milan - that's incredible. He didn't score against Barcelona in 4 games tho (2008 + 2011) but his overall record against Barca (15 goals in 24 games) just reinforces his incredible goal-scoring credentials.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Exactly, which makes it an absolute joke to say he's the best player(even last season when messi was burned out) and give him ballons.
He's just a poacher now, nothing grand about that.

You can be a poacher and win the Ballon D'Or if you are clutch enough or score enough. A poacher who scores 70 goals and gets 10 assists is still generally better and more effective than a complete forward who gets 40 goals and 20 assists, especially if neither player wins many trophies that year.

I don't think he deserved 2014 but he definitely deserved 2013 even though Madrid didn't win anything- Messi was injured and Ronaldo was better than him for a big part of the year (partly because of injuries and partly because he was just better overall)

Nobody considers Ronaldo to be the best player from this era, but year to year things can definitely change.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Here probably not. But out there, you'd be surprised.

Not even Madrid fans think he's better than Messi overall career-wise and ability-wise. I have legitimately never encountered the opinion that Ronaldo is better than Messi.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
Not even Madrid fans think he's better than Messi overall career-wise and ability-wise. I have legitimately never encountered the opinion that Ronaldo is better than Messi.

Indeed even in rm or man.u forums most people believe that messi is better but there are quite a few blind fanboys.

Stric

I must be looking in the wrong places then, because I know and see a whole lot of people who genuinely believe Ronaldo is the better player overall.

StarLord

Lots of die hard fanbois try to keep the debate going. No doubt about that.

Otherwise, utterly ludicrous to even compare.

RevoTeller

I must be looking in the wrong places then, because I know and see a whole lot of people who genuinely believe Ronaldo is the better player overall.

Agreed.
I've actually to say that I met more people voting for Cristiano R. as the best over Messi, because he is "complete". :lol:
So much football ignorance if you ask me.

Antimadridista1

Best picture of the night :

CERYFKyW0AAXYF4.jpg:large

STFU Cristina !

Home of Barca Fans