Cristiano Ronaldo - v1

raskolnikov

I hate his attitude and selfishness. But when i think about him without these qualities, he wont be half the player he is. He knows he is not messi and to be better than messi and to become best footballer, he thinks he needs to score more goals than messi, so he concentrate on scoring goals and become obsessed about goals.

During man utd days he was good at taking on players and his crossing were good but when he moves to madrid especially the last two years, he moved to central role and scoring only tap-ins and he is afraid to take on players which is strange bcos he didnt lost his pace.

He is a very clever guy, he knows people r stupid and they compare only goals and they dont understand messi's creative role and they just look up on goals and assists. To be fair to him you cant expect him to be messi.
Its the media's fault, they keep acting like they are equals because of their equal number of goals. Had Real won yesterday the ballon d'or would have been decided by the final despite Messi being better in whole 2015.

The whole thing is a joke and decided on minor details. But nowadays its the measurement for greatness it seems.

Henry_IB

Banned
He anklebreaked a guy and was 1 on 1 with the GK. He should have shot there,that could have been game ending. Sometimes he's stupidly selfless imo.

Didn't watch the whole game but are you referring to the chance at 28 minutes? Watching highlights from the game to me it seems like his touch is slightly poor / he doesn't manage to stop quickly enough which puts him off-balance so he really isn't in a position to strike the ball well. And by the time he would have recovered the defender was already back to cover so I think he did the right thing in that situation and it wasn't such a clear cut chance as you make it out to be.

Kerrybai

Manchester United [6 years - 9 trophies]
Premier League: 2006–07, 2007–08, 2008–09 [3]
FA Cup: 2003–04 [1]
Football League Cup: 2005–06, 2008–09[2]
FA Community Shield: 2007 [1]
UEFA Champions League: 2007–08 [1]
FIFA Club World Cup: 2008 [1]

Real Madrid [6 years - 7 trophies]
La Liga: 2011–12 [1]
Copa del Rey: 2010–11, 2013–14 [2]
Supercopa de España: 2012 [1]
UEFA Champions League: 2013–14 [1]
UEFA Super Cup: 2014 [1]
FIFA Club World Cup: 2014 [1]

kollegah

Haha this bitch is nowhere near a big game player.
Hes a choker like cesc. Never dominated a big game, never. Never scored a beauty in a big game. Just tap ins and penalties.

In the world there are 2 big game players. Neymar and messi, only their appearance on the field makes the difference.

Cristina is a whiney bitch, outshone by the greatest footballer in history

Morten

Haha this bitch is nowhere near a big game player.
Hes a choker like cesc. Never dominated a big game, never. Never scored a beauty in a big game. Just tap ins and penalties.

In the world there are 2 big game players. Neymar and messi, only their appearance on the field makes the difference.

Cristina is a whiney bitch, outshone by the greatest footballer in history

Why is it important to score "a beauty" in a big game? If he scores a tap in or a "beauty" the result is the same. A "beauty" only counts as one goal, you know that right? Perhaps the most stupid thing i have heard here. And only Neymar and Messi being big game players :lol::lol: what are you, 5 years old?

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
Why is it important to score "a beauty" in a big game? If he scores a tap in or a "beauty" the result is the same. A "beauty" only counts as one goal, you know that right? Perhaps the most stupid thing i have heard here. And only Neymar and Messi being big game players :lol::lol: what are you, 5 years old?

Ofc a tap in or a penalty counts too in the score.
Do you know where it doesn't count as much? When judging which player is better.
Leo scored 2 goals in the semis and so did cristiano.
If you think that makes them equals then you don't get football.

Morten

Ofc a tap in or a penalty counts too in the score.
Do you know where it doesn't count as much? When judging which player is better.
Leo scored 2 goals in the semis and so did cristiano.
If you think that makes them equals then you don't get football.

Im not saying i disagree with you, but look at what kollegah is writing. Can you honestly tell me its not a bunch of nonsense?

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
kollegah's post was too agressive/hyperbolic, but I guess by beauty he meant creating the play by himself, getting the goal all by himself, not a tap in or a penaldo.

And you can't say scoring a tap-in is being decisive, you didn't help your team unlock a difficult situation, you just were there to put it in yet let all the creation/dribbling/passing to the others, even if it'll count as a goal just the same.

Caps

Forget the goals! You're all as bad as Cristiano himself. Its not about tap in versus creating a goal yourself. For people trying, rightly, to say that goals don't automatically equal greatness, you seem awfully fixated on goals, albiet 'beautiful ones', indeed being a main measure of it.

Messi isn't better than CR because he scores more beautiful goalls. Cristiano could never ever perform as Leo did in the Manita. He dictated an entire game, created everything, controlled the style and effectiveness of our attacks, at will. Tore open the defence repeatedly, other times dropped back to control tempo or help manipulate the opponents shape. Doing it all with phenomenal technique, control, passing, dribbling and knowhow. And didn't score a single goal.

It has very little to do with goals, of any kind. Call me crazy but in my honest experienced opinion Cristiano in Madrid has never been in the worlds top TWO, let alone d'OR*. Still up around there, obviously, but now I'm going to get a lot of flack.

*For the record I believe Iniesta was the worlds 2nd best during huge chunks of the Pep years. Other players who were briefly 2nd best include Sneidjer, Xavi and more recently Suarez.

Devils

Manchester United [6 years - 9 trophies]
Premier League: 2006–07, 2007–08, 2008–09 [3]
FA Cup: 2003–04 [1]
Football League Cup: 2005–06, 2008–09[2]
FA Community Shield: 2007 [1]
UEFA Champions League: 2007–08 [1]
FIFA Club World Cup: 2008 [1]

Real Madrid [6 years - 7 trophies]
La Liga: 2011–12 [1]
Copa del Rey: 2010–11, 2013–14 [2]
Supercopa de España: 2012 [1]
UEFA Champions League: 2013–14 [1]
UEFA Super Cup: 2014 [1]
FIFA Club World Cup: 2014 [1]

This achievements at Manchester United are far superior just based on the winning 3x as many league titles as he won with Madrid.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
Guys guys.
Can you imagine the excuses his fans would say if cristiano stayed in england?
They would say bpl>>>>liga and so cristiano is better and all kinds of garbage.
Now like 95% of neutrals recognize messi as superior and even many of old cristiano's fans do, man.u fans for example.
So be thankful he came to spain and was clearly inferior to messi or his circlejerk would be unbearable.

Home of Barca Fans