Cristiano Ronaldo - v1

NotInHere

Do you guys think he has a serious shot getting another balon d'or? Pretty tough when you have the likes of Neymar coming up, or Hazard. Not to mention you have Messi who should be in his prime for 2 more years.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Do you guys think he has a serious shot getting another balon d'or? Pretty tough when you have the likes of Neymar coming up, or Hazard. Not to mention you have Messi who should be in his prime for 2 more years.

I reckon that he could very well get 1-2 more finishes in 2nd or 3rd for the Balon d'Or. He won't win another.

NotInHere

I reckon that he could very well get 1-2 more finishes in 2nd or 3rd for the Balon d'Or. He won't win another.
agreed probably next year is his last chance to be in second place, cause I don't see Messi letting him win away. Then Neymar will slowly get in there and hopefully win them after Messi:)

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
agreed probably next year is his last chance to be in second place, cause I don't see Messi letting him win away. Then Neymar will slowly get in there and hopefully win them after Messi:)

I hope that, if we win the Treble, that the top 3 will be MSN in that order.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I think Ronaldo might still have a shot at the BD if for some reason we mess up and go trophyless and Real Madrid wins the league and CL in the next couple of seasons. Together with the fact that he will still be a top scorer along with Messi, he might still get one more BD as I don't see his goal tally going down any time soon.

Caps

Inclined to agree Luftstag14. As long as he keeps up the stats and wins a major trophy in 15/16 he definitely has a shot (considering its become a golden boot award).

If we win CL I expect it to be 1. Messi 2. CR 3. Neymar. It shouldn't be, obviously, but the majority of voters a) don't watch these players often enough b) are so used to giving CR votes that he'll still get all the 2nd place points c) won't vote suarez because they havn't watched us enough, and will assume with his being missing first few months couldn't have been that vital etc

In 2016 if Barca go trophyless and RM win something with CR having good stats again, I can see him getting it.

Anyway, will be thrilled if its Messi Neymar/Suaraz. Hope I'm wrong on CR still getting in.

M

magicomessi

its over for him unless blatter fuck up once again :lol:

footyfan

Calma, calma
He is fit, he is just not as great as people think he is.

Sacchi has probably not watched him a lot these last couple of years.

Or you know, he might actually be having knee pain? Interesting how Xavi apparently played through painkillers in the most meaningless matches at the end of 2012/13, but apparently Ronaldo HAS to be completely fit just because he's playing. Never mind that he's become a complete poacher now and that it might have something to do with him not being able to sprint as much as before.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Or you know, he might actually be having knee pain? Interesting how Xavi apparently played through painkillers in the most meaningless matches at the end of 2012/13, but apparently Ronaldo HAS to be completely fit just because he's playing. Never mind that he's become a complete poacher now and that it might have something to do with him not being able to sprint as much as before.

Why is it that his knee pain magically appears when he doesn't score or play well? Does his brain send his knee a signal that he didn't do well so it's time for you to start acting up again?

When you really got a problem with your knee then you usually try not to jump around all the time like he does after scoring or when raging at the ref for not getting a penaldo... Even with painkillers, you try to limit some of those things so it doesn't get worse, but for Cristiano everything is fine. He just got a problem with his knee when he doesn't do so well. Otherwise he's completely fine of course.

When his knee was acting up you could see him not moving too well, with ice packs on his knee after the games and not jumping around all the time.

Last edited:

raskolnikov

You dont sprint/jump/celebrate like he does and play all games whe you have chronic knee problems.
This is just making excuses again, bad performances = le knee:coffee:, When he scores 5 in a game its all good though.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Why are you just focusing on bad performances? His good performances are not as good as before either. His overall involvement in the game is down, not as many sprints as before and he's just not as athletic as before. Just look at any highlight vids of his previous two seasons and compare with this season. Even when he was scoring a lot of goals in the first half of the season, he was not playing as good as before (in 2013).

footyfan

Calma, calma
Why is it that his knee pain magically appears when he doesn't score or play well? Does his brain send his knee a signal that he didn't do well so it's time for you to start acting up again?

When you really got a problem with your knee then you usually try not to jump around all the time like he does after scoring or when raging at the ref for not getting a penaldo... Even with painkillers, you try to limit some of those things so it doesn't get worse, but for Cristiano everything is fine. He just got a problem with his knee when he doesn't do so well. Otherwise he's completely fine of course.

When his knee was acting up you could see him not moving too well, with ice packs on his knee after the games and not jumping around all the time.

Limit some of what things? He has already limited the most strenuous activities on the knee, which is sprinting up and down. Getting angry at the referee does not increase chances of injury

Home of Barca Fans