Cristiano Ronaldo - v1

Paganinisrvnge

I can't stand Ronaldo but in recent matches I thought maybe he was carrying an injury but then he made me change my mind by running full speed to do his super saiyan power up celebration after every goal.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Well he has no excuse then. Sorry Ronaldo, i really tried. :lol:

And he's never made that excuse, at least not that I'm aware, which is the funny thing. This entire knee thing is media driven, Madrid media mostly.

That's not to say there couldn't possibly be an actual knee issue with him, it could very well be so. I just don't buy that's the reason he doesn't score sometimes, or doesn't play well sometimes, or RM doesn't win sometimes. That's what I call bullcrap.

StarLord

Why are you just focusing on bad performances? His good performances are not as good as before either. His overall involvement in the game is down, not as many sprints as before and he's just not as athletic as before. Just look at any highlight vids of his previous two seasons and compare with this season. Even when he was scoring a lot of goals in the first half of the season, he was not playing as good as before (in 2013).

Ronaldo was never the swashbuckling winger of yore. Except before his breakout 07/08 season. He was always economical with his runs and his overall contribution to games.

While I agree with you that we cannot know if he does have a knee injury or not, the little physical decline we can discern in his play (and there is but little physical decline) can easily be explained by his age. Moreover, not only is he over 30 now, he has been playing since forever. The accumulation of games (and travel) takes its toll on even the most fit and well-preserved footballers such as Ronaldo. If anything, he is declining very slowly and gradually.

raskolnikov

Ronaldo was never the swashbuckling winger of yore. Except before his breakout 07/08 season. He was always economical with his runs and his overall contribution to games.

While I agree with you that we cannot know if he does have a knee injury or not, the little physical decline we can discern in his play (and there is but little physical decline) can easily be explained by his age. Moreover, not only is he over 30 now, he has been playing since forever. The accumulation of games (and travel) takes its toll on even the most fit and well-preserved footballers such as Ronaldo. If anything, he is declining very slowly and gradually.
Definitely, normally athletic footballers decline quickly around age 30. Look at Henry in 2009/10 compared to the year before or even his Arsenal days. Sheva at Chelsea, Kluivert after Barca, Torres after Liverpool, r9, owen and villa after injuries, dinho post Barca etc. etc.

They all have a noticable decline at some point mostly due to their age, around 30. Its the same in all sports, things you lose when you age explosiveness/agility-speed-stamina-power and technique usually last the longest.
Unlike most players Ronaldo being the overachiever that he is already knows this better than anyone and is slowly adapting accordingly delaying the process as much as possible. And unless he gets some bad luck career ending injury he will keep up performing at high level well into his mid/late 30's.

Morten

I dont think Ronaldo has lost much in the physical department, he jumps like few others and he is still very fast, he just doesnt take on people as much. If you saw the last el classico, where he had space in the first half, he took on barca-players and easily run past them at times.

dakt

Some croatian media say that he's in fight with Ramos who said to him that he's only playing for himself.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
The source of this news is the Spanish comedy show El Chiringuito de Jugones. I would take it with a pinch of salt.

And then some. I saw the actual video from them. The voice-over they game the supposed words by Ramos had me cracking up.

Leo_Messi

Ramos always speaks his mind and is the first person to speak frankly to the media unlike a certain Portuguese cry baby that has boycotted the media but I doubt the authenticity of this news.

RM's failure to advance to the final was IMO not about lack of fight but more about fatigue due to Carlo's poor rotations (some blame it on the poor substitutes, some other due to stubbornness) and wasted opportunities.

I did not see a difference between Ronaldo and the other players of RM.

I don't think that they did not want to win it as badly as Juve it's just that they had less energy. Evident of them running a few km's less than Juve during the game where they had to attack from the get go as Juve won the first leg.

King5Puyi

'Cristiano Needs to Play for the Team, Not Score Little Goals

​Real Madrid defender Sergio Ramos hit out at teammate Cristiano Ronaldo in the wake of their 1-1 draw with Juventus that saw the holders knocked out of the competition.

Spanish media outlet El Chiringuito report that Ramos had a word with Ronaldo concerning his poor performance as he appeared only to play for himself, scoring a penalty but doing little else to aid his team's cause.

'You can’t just score your little goal and forget the rest. You need to sacrifice yourself for the team more.’ Ramos is alleged to have said.

The Spaniard also did not appreciate Ronaldo's celebratory gesture to the stands after his goal and the fact that he was the first player to head for the dressing room after the final whistle, without acknowledging the fans or speaking to his teammates*​according to Sport.

The news would come as quite a surprise if true as Ramos and Ronaldo have generally been on the same page as far as most things go at the club.

However, with Real's downward spiral of poor form continuing since the new year, the state of the dressing room seems tense with relations becoming more and more fractured as Los Blancos nurse their wounds from what could be a barren end to the season.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Espanyol have the 7th place (that might be european) to play for so I don't think they'll bend over, though I expect the team to play all for CR to score his goals, and Getafe will bend over for sure.

Home of Barca Fans