Cristiano Ronaldo - v1

StarLord

I don't think that they did not want to win it as badly as Juve it's just that they had less energy. Evident of them running a few km's less than Juve during the game where they had to attack from the get go as Juve won the first leg.

It's what I have been saying all along. It's very good if you can take your league games lightly right before CL games. Juventus were the ones with this luxury.

Real Madrid run 108.8km. Juventus 116.3km http://www.uefa.com/newsfiles/ucl/2015/2014430_ts.pdf

A considerable difference. I would also love to see the intensity figures. Marca sometimes publishes those.

Leo_Messi

It's what I have been saying all along. It's very good if you can take your league games lightly right before CL games. Juventus were the ones with this luxury.

Real Madrid run 108.8km. Juventus 116.3km http://www.uefa.com/newsfiles/ucl/2015/2014430_ts.pdf

A considerable difference. I would also love to see the intensity figures. Marca sometimes publishes those.

Exactly. Many people tend to omit it when they analyze that game. To me this was the crucial factor that contributed to RM not reaching the final again this year. Along with wasted opportunities. Granted you always miss those but a fit RM team at home chasing a win would normally creates many more opportunities.

Against Valencia they lost quite unfairly based on chances created and wasted. Against Juve they did not win but could have but a draw was by no means an "unfair" result.

Clearly Carlo failed to rotate the team properly. That coupled with the injury of Modric made them self-explode when it all mattered.

Players like Kroos already complained about a too big workload IN NOVEMBER last year. Since that period he along with other players hardly ever got any rest. Usually that tends to backfire and it did exactly that.

http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/2241455/ancelotti-descarta-hacer-rotaciones

We can't complain of course.:lucho:

StarLord

If the roles were reversed, with Juventus fighting tooth and nail for the league and Real Madrid being indifferent, I am absolutely certain that Real Madrid would have taken Juventus down. Probably easily so.

Frodo_FCB

If the roles were reversed, with Juventus fighting tooth and nail for the league and Real Madrid being indifferent, I am absolutely certain that Real Madrid would have taken Juventus down. Probably easily so.

lol what..how can you be so sure?
Some of you guys should understand that Juventus is one of the biggest clubs in Europe and was the better side in both legs.
Anyway I'm sure the final will be very tough for us.

StarLord

lol what..how can you be so sure?
Some of you guys should understand that Juventus is one of the biggest clubs in Europe and was the better side in both legs.
Anyway I'm sure the final will be very tough for us.

Because even with things as they stood, they barely scraped through (Juve)

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Who gives a shit about what Madrid would have done or not. Too many ifs and buts

Juve and Barca are in the final and that's what matters.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Apparently, about the donation story, there was just a confusion in the name, Cristiano Ronaldo donated 7M€ to the Association of Penal, not Nepal.

:lol:

Stric

Apparently, about the donation story, there was just a confusion in the name, Cristiano Ronaldo donated 7M€ to the Association of Penal, not Nepal.

:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It's amazing how the internet works. One fake story by a butthurt CR7 fan trying to make up good things about him to compensate for his huge ego and failure on the pitch, and a few days later it's global. Every news portal, social network, 9gag, everything is just swarming with it. Even if it's a fake story, it reached a greater number of people than the number of people who will eventually find out it was fake. The power of mass media.

Vegeta

Exactly. Many people tend to omit it when they analyze that game. To me this was the crucial factor that contributed to RM not reaching the final again this year. Along with wasted opportunities. Granted you always miss those but a fit RM team at home chasing a win would normally creates many more opportunities.

Against Valencia they lost quite unfairly based on chances created and wasted. Against Juve they did not win but could have but a draw was by no means an "unfair" result.

Clearly Carlo failed to rotate the team properly. That coupled with the injury of Modric made them self-explode when it all mattered.

Players like Kroos already complained about a too big workload IN NOVEMBER last year. Since that period he along with other players hardly ever got any rest. Usually that tends to backfire and it did exactly that.

http://espndeportes.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/2241455/ancelotti-descarta-hacer-rotaciones

We can't complain of course.:lucho:

You mean implode?

Cheers

Richard.H

It was hilarious to me how he celebrated so much on his 2nd goal while rest of his teammates didn't give a shit since the title was out of reach.

Home of Barca Fans