Cristiano Ronaldo - v1

Hamzah

High Definition Member
whats the major trophy count of madrid's 6 awful years without him before he joined vs the 6 years he's been there?

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Hm.. Last I checked since Ronaldo joined Real 6 years ago they won only 2 major trophies.
Pretty much the same as 6 years without him.

Illusion.. a magician on his own right.

And some people call him the best player RM ever had, Di Stefano must be crying somewhere underground.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
oh cool. i thought you were just saying hypothetically that they'd be that shit without him i didn't know you actually meant that literally.

Kinlejus

Hm.. Last I checked since Ronaldo joined Real 6 years ago they won only 2 major trophies.

For the sake of my argument, I would like to present some statistics focusing primarily on the points achieved by RM with Ronaldo at disposal, and without him.

Mean points collected by RM during the period of '03-09' was ~78
Upon signing Ronaldo in 2009 and going into this year, mean score was 92.

Now, I could also look at the margin between Barca and RM ever since his arrival, and/or before. Then, you may argue that I shall rather conduct some tests to test the significance levels, I see however no necessity for that.

To clarify, I would like to state that I am no fan of him, neither of RM, in fact I hate RM to my guts, but what I highly dislike is other's failure, intentional or not, to comprehend how indeed special those two are. One could make the case that Messi would not be Messi today and Ronaldo would not be Ronaldo today if it was not for those two, and their teams, battling each other season after season.

Last edited:

gatsu

Most overrated player in history, pretty confident that Real can do better without this cunt, I mean they have far better footballers than the portuguese, Marcello, Benzema, Modric (by far their best player), Kross, James...

All of Madrid players are played out of position/hindered, to give Ronaldo complete freedom, worse, most of the time he is out of the collective game.

Vlom

You just can't make up this stuff!
Each of his pichichis have been pointless.

MMD_560061_la_maldicion_de_ser_pichichi.jpg

Devils

I said it before, pachichi or no pachichi, if we win the next two trophies, the other two candidates for the ballon d'or have to be Neymar and Suarez.

Paganinisrvnge

Watched the highlights of his hat trick. He completely nullified Sacchi's comments defending him. He showed both fantastic acceleration and great jumping in his goals. Reality is Juventus just totally shut him down.

NotInHere

I said it before, pachichi or no pachichi, if we win the next two trophies, the other two candidates for the ballon d'or have to be Neymar and Suarez.
It's mostly a popularity contest. Ronaldo is handsome and rich, plus he's the pichichi of the league! Guaranteed second place.

alittlebitter

the only way he'd come into the conversation regarding BdO is by winning golden boot so I can see why he's trying so hard. but yeah, that pretty much says it all about his time at madrid.

Vlom

He'll still be in the podium let's not kid ourselves, the entire Madrid media machine will start working like crazy again when he scores hat tricks against the Granadas of the league and their obviously easy group opponents in CL in sept/oct/nov.

I just found it funny that each time without exception he was pichichi > 0 liga for madrid that's all :)

Home of Barca Fans