Cristiano Ronaldo - v1

Stric

I feel like the more times passes, the more negative the perception of 2013-2014 becomes. Especially now that we have the treble of 2014-2015 to compare it to. But IMHO, it's mostly too negative, and is unfair to Tata and the team, because it makes them look worse than they actually were. We held the #1 spot for most of the season, we had Messi dealing with injuries, and as you guys said, we were only a (disallowed) goal away from winning the league. If we had won the league, the season's final result wouldn't have been much different from 2012-2013, and I have a feeling that 2012-2013 is considered much better by most.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Tata doesn't get enough credit, but such is life. Everything considered, he came damn close to a domestic double. But close isn't good enough.

Valdes' injury ruined Tata's chances. Pinto had no chance.

And Pique's resurgence actually started under Tata and was stalled by his bad hip injury.

Last edited:
J

Jamie Cal

Tata definitely has some things he did well, not to mention he got no transfer of his own and clearly had some ideas of what he wanted out of the team, not to mention it turned to damage control when it became clear he was leaving. Buuuuuuuuuuut, as much as I wouldn't slate him, if there's one resounding thing to take away from this season = fitness reigns supreme over everything. Barca and Real are examples of why for different reason.

tata's failures have been hugely beneficial to Enrique. In the end, both were right but the players/outside pressure were too much for tata. iirc he admitted himself to have given up too soon.

footyfan

Calma, calma
Sorry, but I feel no sympathy for Tata. This was the guy who played Neymar on the right to accommodate Cesc in midfield, the guy who encouraged 10,000 Alves crosses by not providing anyone to link up with him, the guy who declared "there is no way I can improve defending at set pieces and crosses unless my players grow by 10 cm".

Barcelona were boring for the entire season bar a stretch around the Man City games and the 2nd Clasico. Towards the end, they were awful in fact and could not get a win from 6 straight Atleti games.

I don't think most people have a brilliant perception of 2012/13 either, but Barca undoubtedly looked like the best team in the world in the first half of 2012/13 (getting 55/57 points and a 17-point lead over RM) before things turned sour in the second half.

Both these teams pale in comparison to the Guardiola side of 2011/12.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Cristiano Ronaldo's movie will be released in October [Marca]

How convenient... someone knows when is the deadline for the BO votes ? :coffee:

Stric

Tata's Barca won both Clasicos in a season where RM won the Champions League. Tito's was defeated twice and drew twice, in Madrid's worst season in years.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
" ‘Ronaldo’ is a powerful documentary following a year in the life of the world’s best footballer, Cristiano Ronaldo. Released worldwide Autumn 2015. "

MaxY

Devil May Cry
At least it wasn't posted on his twitter account but on [MENTION=19579]Ronaldo[/MENTION]Film .

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
I will properly loose my shit and go live in Tibet with no internet connection or TV if he gets the BO 2015 because of this :lol:

I

instinct

Tata's Barca won both Clasicos in a season where RM won the Champions League. Tito's was defeated twice and drew twice, in Madrid's worst season in years.

So what?

Tata's Barca was beyond ugly to watch especially at the end of the season. I don't even want to remember the matches vs Elche, Granada, Valladoid etc. At least we played enjoyable football under Tito despite having a coach whose work was massively influenced by this horrible disease.

Home of Barca Fans