Cristiano Ronaldo - v1

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Also, Messi IS the top scorer, the BO is on the civil year and not the season, I don't know about CL but he is definitely top scorer and assister in 2015 for LaLiga.

Galning

Madridistas doing everything to minimize Messi's influence on our performances :lol: I guess if you want to preach for Divenaldo this season all you can do it act as if goals are the most important statistic to rate a footballer.

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
I meant the records he broke in november, in a week he became la liga's and CL's top scorer.
He also surpassed figo in assists in la liga, all that on top of his ridiculous CL performances and the treble guarantees him the ballon.

Stric

Let's not forget that Cristiano won that BdO after a few great performances late in a year in which Messi was way below his own standards. Even if Cristiano pulled the same thing again, it doesn't catch up to what Messi did this year.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
When Messi is at his best, even Cristiano's form of his life will look average in comparison.

That's Lionel Messi's class.

Jägermeister

I think it's funny that last year everybody was saying the Ballon is such a joke, it is not important etc.
And now after Messi had an awesome season, this is suddenly different!?

raskolnikov

I think it's funny that last year everybody was saying the Ballon is such a joke, it is not important etc.
Its a stupid award, a popularity contest held at the wrong moment(calander based rather than season), the criteria are unclear and overrates individuals in a teamsport.

10 years ago nobody gave a fuck about the ballon d'or or the FIFA world player. The messi vs Ronaldo media driven rivalry has made the ballon d'or much greater than it is and way too important. I think its mostly due to Ronaldo's obsession with it and therefore his fans vs Messi fanboys.

dakt

I haven't changed my mind about it ever since Ronaldo won't it by crying to Perez. Like raskolnikov said, there's no clear criteria and as such is very, very subjective. Messi is great with or without these golden marbles.
Barca won triplet and Messi had huge role in it. There's no greater reward.

Kerrybai

Well, Ronaldo managed to win the Balon D'Or in 2013 after a trophyless season with RM while beating a player that was an instrumental part of a Treble winning team. Sounds awkwardly familiar.

Lol. Like Ribery is close to Messi. The ball Dor is over, there is no point taking about this. In fact they might as well just give it to Messi now. When he scored the second goal against Bayern he won the award.

Home of Barca Fans