Cristiano Ronaldo - v1

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
what 1 on 1? u mean penalti.except that messi is far better at 1 on 1, 2 on 1etc.

I disagree. Unless Messi is running at full speed attacking, I would bet more on CR to score a 1v1 than him. Messi is a brilliant split second instinctive finisher but IMO he overthinks when he has more time

Barcilliant

Ronaldo is no Muller, Romario, Van Basten or even Inzaghi.
Those guys were clinical and didn't take 14 shots per game.
I think his goal output is going to reduce considerably this season.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Do they? His conversion stats are surely much lower that those guys, which is the point the poster was making.

I don't know about the others stats, but Ronaldo's stats for someone who is not even a classic #9 is incredible. Lower him all you want, even lower than the likes of Inzaghi (lel), but the fact that he's on the verge of becoming the Real Madrid's top goal scorer in history in the period of 6 years says enough to me.

JamDav1982

Do they? His conversion stats are surely much lower that those guys, which is the point the poster was making.

The fact Ronaldo gets so many chances is in large part down to him so cant really be used against him.

He has better movement off the ball and more desire to get into goal scoring positions than anyone personally I have ever seen.

Play 10 through balls or ten crosses into the box and Ronaldo will get onto them more than those other players he is compared to.

You hear so often about 'shit defending' against Ronaldo but the truth is there has rarely ever been anyone in recent years that through their movement takes advantage of those mistakes in positioning than Ronaldo can.

Messi is a relaxed genius while Ronaldo has far inferior ability on the ball but an absolute machine off it. To boil that down to Ronaldo just being a goal hanger as some people try to do is just ignorance or jealousy.

Barcafan 2304

I don't know about the others stats, but Ronaldo's stats for someone who is not even a classic #9 is incredible. Lower him all you want, even lower than the likes of Inzaghi (lel), but the fact that he's on the verge of becoming the Real Madrid's top goal scorer in history in the period of 6 years says enough to me.

Agreed. Whatever way you look at it, the sheer weight of goals he has scored for RM and the fact he is on the verge of becoming their top scorer in that time frame is impressive.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
He's been disappointing so far,both preseason and season . He's failing to score in so many games and missing easy chances.

F

Flavia

Higuain saying the truth. We all know it.

This quote?

Cristiano’s ego is huge. If you don’t say he is the best, you’re not his friend. He thinks he’s the best, but he is overrated. I shared a dressing room with Messi and they’re completely the opposite. And I’ve played with Messi, there is no comparison. I left Real Madrid to stop playing only for Ronaldo.

I'm still not sure he really said that, no good sources. But it'd be funny if he really did.

Chainsaw

Killahead
That quote look kinda fabricated. I don't buy it.

About Ronaldo not having a good season, you got to consider that he's turned 30 and since many players start to diminish physically after that it is not surprising the same story happen to Ronaldo. And we are talking about someone who relies a lot on his physical contribution.

RevoTeller

Ronaldo is no Muller, Romario, Van Basten or even Inzaghi.
Those guys were clinical and didn't take 14 shots per game.
I think his goal output is going to reduce considerably this season.

- As finishers, Gerd Muller, Romario and Van Basten are >>> Cristiano Ronaldo.
- As overall players, Romario and Van Basten are >>> Cristiano Ronaldo.

His stats say otherwise.

Really? Have a closer look at Romario and Gerd Muller's stats.

This quote?

I'm still not sure he really said that, no good sources. But it'd be funny if he really did.

Fabricated or not, it's the plain truth and everybody knows it.

Home of Barca Fans