Cristiano Ronaldo - v1

Horatio

You're welcome
Did you forget the 5 goals to Espanlol bro ? :coffee:

But that's Ronaldo's main criticism nowadays. He manages to score easily against small teams but disappears against bigger ones.

Trust me, if Ronaldo was asked if he would wanted a better distribution of goals over matches he would say yes.

Ritchie

His ratio is down partly because there's not been many Penaldo's yet.

In terms of the CL group he'll get his hat-trick against Malmo at home.

Galning

But that's Ronaldo's main criticism nowadays. He manages to score easily against small teams but disappears against bigger ones.

Trust me, if Ronaldo was asked if he would wanted a better distribution of goals over matches he would say yes.

I'm pretty sure he was joking with that Espanyol post :p

dakt

he is really way way way over rated player that is not a joke, many players will score more goals than him if
they receive the service he has at real Madrid, for me a great player is considers a game changer on his own
aka michal jordan, magic johnson, elway and so on, now u dont have to b game changer every game, but the
more often u do it the greater u are, give me one game in the last buuuuf 2 years that ronaldo changed a game
on his own without tap in or assists, like lets say how messi did against munich last year, or when he came on
this year vs atletico madrid.?

I don't like him...I really don't and I also think he's a "bit" overrated every time people compare him with big names like Messi, but he had pretty big impact against the Sevilla last season.
Personally I don't favor him much, because he never excited me as a player. I remember entering the fight here because of my statement that if you take away his goals, you don't
have much left. It's a pretty good argument imo, because goals are rarely a solo product, especially when he's in question. For example, take Mandzukic, who was the best poacher in
Bundesliga when he had Robben and Ribery beside him. Now, he's almost useless.

He's great poacher in the great team....not much else. Skill wise and intelligence wise, Iniesta is a master for him. Pure shame he never picked that ballon dor thing.

damn

My god, the hate is strong here. Taking the last couple of years and suggesting that "that's Ronaldo", and he will be remembered that way. He's having a career change. from a powerful winger to a striker. that's all. His prime is behind him. that happens to players. But he's still a great player, even if weakened.

Look at ribery, giggs, and so on.. How many wingers did well after their 30?

Last edited:

Iarwain

2118702.png

raskolnikov

My god, the hate is strong here. Taking the last couple of years and suggesting that "that's Ronaldo", and he will be remembered that way. He's having a career change. from a powerful winger to a striker. that's all. His prime is behind him. that happens to players. But he's still a great player, even if weakened.

Look at ribery, giggs, and so on.. How many wingers did well after their 30?

That career change happened at United when he figured out he coud get more attention scoring goals then seeking a highlight reel moment.
Just perfected it in a team set up to make him be as efficient as possible.

NotInHere

he still has great workrate and off the ball movement he just hasnt been scoring like before, will be interesting to see if he will start to score often

raki

:lol: The kind of shit they made up to favour him is amazing. Sold his Golden Foot and gave the money to Israel is another from many. The latest was: gave 7M euros to the red cross or something because a natural disaster. How dumb can people be????

11752430_417406708461554_4318223450762176799_n.jpg

damn

That career change happened at United when he figured out he coud get more attention scoring goals then seeking a highlight reel moment.
Just perfected it in a team set up to make him be as efficient as possible.

Hmm, no. You see, that's just hating. He didn't figured out anything. That was him evolving as a player, getting into goal scoring positions from the wing. with the help of Sir Alex and Mourinho. His game was wing centric until 2012/2013.

When was his prime exactly?

Between 2006/2007 season to 2012/2013 season.

silvia

:lol: The kind of shit they made up to favour him is amazing. Sold his Golden Foot and gave the money to Israel is another from many. The latest was: gave 7M euros to the red cross or something because a natural disaster. How dumb can people be????

11752430_417406708461554_4318223450762176799_n.jpg

well, at least the story of Ronaldo's gift the Greek island to agent Mendes is true. True friendship :lol:

raskolnikov

Hmm, no. You see, that's just hating. He didn't figured out anything. That was him evolving as a player, getting into goal scoring positions from the wing. with the help of Sir Alex and Mourinho. His game was wing centric until 2012/2013.

Between 2006/2007 season to 2012/2013 season.

It really didnt, ever since he was very young he has always been looking for the camera's, if you dont remember he used to fail 99x times to finally get his highlight reel moment after 100 step overs. Always knowing exactly when the camera was on him as well with his antics,dives and reactions.
Since his positioning has always been extremely good he scored a shitload in 2007/8, it was then he figured out you dont need to be wannabee Dinho for attention scoring gets more attention.
You cant say he doesnt badly crave to be the centrepoint of attention, its visible every game.
At Real he perfected scoring to keep up with Messi since football wise its a no brainer.
Its not hating either, thats just a childs way of disagreeing. Its exactly what happened and when you take in made that he is a full blown narcisist, it makes perfect sense.

And easily his prime was around 2011-13 at Madrid, there is too much revisionism going on with his time at United.
I think it will be worse when he leaves Madrid, in a few years guys like you will act like he never dived, was amazing at free kicks and played beautiful football every game at Real.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
"While the main focus surrounding Ronaldo’s game is usually his goals, the Portuguese legend has recently been contributing much more than that. Playing in an unfamiliar lone center forward role without complaint, his constant movement has opened up acres of space for his teammates. In this match, the biggest examples of this was evident in Ronaldo’s movement into channels and his willingness to run wide to receive the ball. Soon, wherever Ronaldo moved, the defense moved and CR7 took advantage of this drifting from a central position towards the left wing to dance past a marker and exchange passes with Marcelo. Before the Vigo back four knew what was happening Marcelo passed to Jese so he could slide in Danilo for the goal. The commentators I were listening to were absolutely bewildered by the defending, but if they had looked a little deeper they would have seen Ronaldo’s fingerprints all over the goal. He did the same thing in the second half by drawing a Celta center back 10 yards away from his position to provide a flick-on for Vazquez. The dynamic Spaniard was left one-on-one with a marker, whom he scorched, before he botched a chipped attempt at goal.

These two examples demonstrate the real threat that Ronaldo causes with just his movement and a couple touches."

Home of Barca Fans