Cristiano Ronaldo - v1

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
I watched the whole game and it is bullshit. Not saying that his runs do not draw away defenders but that is what every professional footballer does on the field. Make runs away from the ball to open up space for teammates.
This analysis or whatever you want to call that makes it sound like Cristiano reinvented the game or something.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
I watched the whole game and it is bullshit. Not saying that his runs do not draw away defenders but that is what every professional footballer does on the field. Make runs away from the ball to open up space for teammates.
This analysis or whatever you want to call that makes it sound like Cristiano reinvented the game or something.

I have to agree, he's a shell of his former self. He's lazy as hell, he didn't bother to run or try to get the ball on so many occasions. His pace and dribbling are so bad nowadays,it's painful actually. I think it's time to prepare for a CR7-less RM. We should get Reus or Martial if we want to directly replace him,otherwise we should get somebody like Verratti and rely on Bale and Benz for goals. I know I'll probably change my mind if he starts scoring like mad again but these are still facts. He's obviously in decline and I'd put this in terms of FIFA stats. Basically everything but heading and shooting is going to hell.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
I would not write him off completely but his game today was bad indeed. Only thing he did well was scoring the first goal and one could also make the point that that is his job as a poacher.
What surprised me was his lack of movement during counters because he was completely excluded from defensive work the whole game (even more than usually imo).

MaxY

Devil May Cry
This also has to do with him being left without his regular partners(Bale,Benz & James) and I'm sure he'll do better when they return. If we don't win at least 1 title out of UCL and La Liga, then we should definitely sell Ronaldo. We can try to spread out goals between players and not rely on Ronaldo too much. In reality he's only a goal scorer now, he isn't the magic player that he was a few years ago. I'm off the Hazard train since his progress stalled and he's doing bad at Chelsea. In ideal world Martial would explode and we'd break the bank and he'd perform for us,just like Cristiano did.

Neeraj

Ok, can anyone make good judgement on Cristiano vs Nolito tonight?

Yes, it was a no-brainer. Nolito won tonight hands down. Dangerous and looked like something was about to happen every time he had the ball. Ronaldo was his usual self, had 1 shot (for the longest part) and scored. It was a pretty good finish though, tight angle and lots of power needed to beat the keeper near post. His dribbling is seeming to get worse each match day - there was one moment where he was 1v1 with the defender on the counter - Ronaldo in his peak would be favourite there, but on this occasion, you just didn't feel like it was a certain goal. And expectedly - he did a few of his stupid stepovers and then tripped over himself, diving like a pathetic clown and asking for a free kick at the end of that.

Got more involved second half, but was quite poor and lazy for much of the game. Nolito with another performance to persuade the bigger clubs to sign him up in the winter.

Beast

The Observer
This also has to do with him being left without his regular partners(Bale,Benz & James) and I'm sure he'll do better when they return. If we don't win at least 1 title out of UCL and La Liga, then we should definitely sell Ronaldo. We can try to spread out goals between players and not rely on Ronaldo too much. In reality he's only a goal scorer now, he isn't the magic player that he was a few years ago. I'm off the Hazard train since his progress stalled and he's doing bad at Chelsea. In ideal world Martial would explode and we'd break the bank and he'd perform for us,just like Cristiano did.

Never judge any player under Mourinho especially his third year...
in his RM 3rd year we look all finished only to win the CL & cup the following year under Carlo

NotInHere

if this current ronaldo is the version we are going to see from now on then the comparisons with Messi will even be more laughable, as if they werent already.

Morten

He is in poor form, nontheless, with all our injuries, he is one of our few players who still guarantee goals. He is still very important.

Morten

do you think he's the second best player in the world in this form?

In current form? Probably not. But that doesnt matter, what matter is with Bale, James and Benzema out, at least we have a consistent goalscorer on the field. Who else is gonna score the goals now, Isco? Lol

Home of Barca Fans