Cristiano Ronaldo - v1

El Flaco

HrTZXjR.jpg

footyfan

Calma, calma
I reckon it's very debatable. You could say that for just about any other quality player in RM like Marcelo, Ramos, DiMaria in his prime, Benzema, etc.

That kind of reasoning is very tricky. Madrid might have had a player that didn't score as much but migt have scored in important games. Also possibly a more evenly distribution of goals across attacking players.

The post that I replied to implied that Ronaldo did not contribute to Madrid's successes. Which means that if he got injured on the first matchday and was out for the rest of the season, and that happened every single season, then Madrid would have the same trophy haul as they do now. This is what I disagreed with. Do you disagree with that?

Of course the same can be said about the other players at Real Madrid. That's obvious. But that doesn't just apply to Real Madrid and Ronaldo. It applies to every team, including Barcelona. Barca wouldn't win the same trophies if they didn't have Xavi, Iniesta, Alves, Abidal, Pique etc. That doesn't mean that Messi didn't contribute to the trophy haul. It's a complete non-statement.

Kerrybai

Madrid would have zero trophies in this era without Ronaldo. I don't think that's even debatable.

Its absolutely debatable. They beat us in the Cope with Ronaldo sitting in the stands and we only had 91 points in their league winning season, even without Ronaldo they would have been hitting a similar points tally, and lets not even talk about the CL final.

RMU ReBorn

Mesut Özilis the first player to assist goals in 6 consecutivePremier Leaguegames.

Oh Yes Ozil is second in number of Assists , last 5 Years because of Ronaldo :lol:

Home of Barca Fans