Cristiano Ronaldo - v1

Jaguar

Flair Trait
Anyone have a gif of his denied penalty? I thought it was a dive tbf, the way he kicked his leg out to make it look like he had been clipped before he fell to the ground seemed obvious to me when watching the game.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Anyone have a gif of his denied penalty? I thought it was a dive tbf, the way he kicked his leg out to make it look like he had been clipped before he fell to the ground seemed obvious to me when watching the game.

He could have easily stayed on his feet

El Flaco

CX050u_WYAEQOvr.jpg

SKS-

Ronaldo puts up stats, but the effective nature of those stats, doesn't have the same impact as it did when he was in his peak prime. His conversion rates and lack of creativity this season in important matches is not at all where it should be. I doubt he would be willing to accept a lesser role, so its quite possible RM may look to move him this summer and make James/Bale/whoever else they buy the cornerstone figures of the club.

One of the issues is, Ronaldo will likely end the La Liga season with 30-40 goals (probably going to get a bunch over the next 6), and if RM do let him go, the fans in Madrid may not look upon it as a positive move for the club and even more heat will fall on Perez.

JamDav1982

Ronaldo puts up stats, but the effective nature of those stats, doesn't have the same impact as it did when he was in his peak prime. His conversion rates and lack of creativity this season in important matches is not at all where it should be. I doubt he would be willing to accept a lesser role, so its quite possible RM may look to move him this summer and make James/Bale/whoever else they buy the cornerstone figures of the club.

One of the issues is, Ronaldo will likely end the La Liga season with 30-40 goals (probably going to get a bunch over the next 6), and if RM do let him go, the fans in Madrid may not look upon it as a positive move for the club and even more heat will fall on Perez.

He set up their first goal tonight to be fair and won them their last home game as well with a great finish in a game they were struggling in.

People on here are far too harsh on him in my opinion.

dakt

"You can say you have the best job, money, cars, houses...but that is not everything.

"One example: On Saturday there’s boxing on in Las Vegas and I would like to take my family and friends, but I can’t because I have no time. But after [football] I want to live like a king."

Yeah that's hard. So...at what age will you retire?
I know I have to make it till 65, when I'll be old fart (youth left waaaaaay behind) and with economy going crazy all the time maybe even "penniless".
Why do I even....

MaxY

Devil May Cry
He set up their first goal tonight to be fair and won them their last home game as well with a great finish in a game they were struggling in.

They're not. He's not half of the player that he was. He lost his pace,dribbling,free kicks ability. Not to mention that his convertion rate went to shit. He isn't even scoring headers anymore. He pretty much lost anything bar his good off the ball movement and getting into the right place at the right time.
He's not a big game player,he played like vs 7 good teams this year and he didn't scoer in any of them. He should be sold in the summer for 50-60 M as a legend before fans turn completely on him. He is already starting to get booed.

dakt

Question is, could someone else do the better job in his place? I think yes. Plus, RM will be free of his ego and stat padding.

SKS-

I agree and I certainly don't want to bash him unreasonably, but I think the body of work for the past 6 months is just not quite where it should be and it some respects one could argue it is even hurting the team; though to be fair, we could point the finger at the manager as well.

JamDav1982

They're not. He's not half of the player that he was. He lost his pace,dribbling,free kicks ability. Not to mention that his convertion rate went to shit. He isn't even scoring headers anymore. He pretty much lost anything bar his good off the ball movement and getting into the right place at the right time.
He's not a big game player,he played like vs 7 good teams this year and he didn't scoer in any of them. He should be sold in the summer for 50-60 M as a legend before fans turn completely on him. He is already starting to get booed.

I would sell him if I was Real to start again but he is about the only chance Real have of the league or CL this season and Real are far better with him.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
I would sell him if I was Real to start again but he is about the only chance Real have of the league or CL this season and Real are far better with him.

That's arguable but our point is that he can be replaced and with great effect. Pros outweight the cons.
Pros:
- Not that hard to replace since he declined
- Free kicks can be taken by players who won't do this in 9 out of 10 tries: a) Hit the wall b) Sky it
- Team can play more freely without worrying to set up Ronaldo
- Marcelo will have 50 % more energy since he doesn't have to be a LB and LW at the same time
- We can get a player who can dribble,we badly need that since BBC are all fairly shit at that aspect
- 1 less diver
- He usually bottles in big games
Cons:
- Losing the face and the icon of the club. Also a huge blow in the marketing sense. Also our Ballon d'Or candidate and the most famous player
- His penalty taking is unmatched in our club and our conversion would fall off
- We wouldn't have somebody with his superb positioning
- Our set-pieces(crossed ones) will fall off since wingers are pretty much never as good as he is at heading

JamDav1982

That's arguable but our point is that he can be replaced and with great effect. Pros outweight the cons.
Pros:
- Not that hard to replace since he declined
- Free kicks can be taken by players who won't do this in 9 out of 10 tries: a) Hit the wall b) Sky it
- Team can play more freely without worrying to set up Ronaldo
- Marcelo will have 50 % more energy since he doesn't have to be a LB and LW at the same time
- We can get a player who can dribble,we badly need that since BBC are all fairly shit at that aspect
- 1 less diver
- He usually bottles in big games
Cons:
- Losing the face and the icon of the club. Also a huge blow in the marketing sense. Also our Ballon d'Or candidate and the most famous player
- His penalty taking is unmatched in our club and our conversion would fall off
- We wouldn't have somebody with his superb positioning
- Our set-pieces(crossed ones) will fall off since wingers are pretty much never as good as he is at heading

Remains to be seen. The way you describe him any top team would be better off without him but at his age if Real are to build a new team it starts to make sense to sell.

Home of Barca Fans