Daniel Alves

xsever

After yesterday's shot and goal, I really want Dani to start taking more shots when he is in front of goal instead of passing it and ruining the momentum which most of the time is not resulting in a goal.

X

xaviniesta

i've seen a lot of this...i was really surprised when he launched his rocket yesterday.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
why did you say that? and why didn't you explain your opinnion?

interrogation.jpg

It has been an old but ongoing discussion between me and Meta. Basically I said it to get a reaction from Meta especially with the resurrection of Maicon under Leonardo. Not exactly based on the most solid facts as both play in very different roles to their respective club.

At any given opportunity, fans of either side will declare them the better where in fact that are so equal in importance/performance its fascinating.

X

xaviniesta

OK, thank you for this answer. i agree with you. this is pretty sad that there's 'hero and villain' .

btw, is dani now a regular starter for brazil NT under the new manager?

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
There is no Hero and Villian.

Nobody is a regular starter for Brazil for now, Menezes is still trying to give opportunity to different players and to find a team that can create the classic element that made Brasil superior. I agree with Meta that the Brasil needs to create this team around the Santos boys, they are sick as hell. If they could find a similar team to the one in 2002 they would be fine, they have a superior defense but their attackers are a lot physically weaker.

Ronaldo and Rivaldo played in front of Ronaldinho and the closest thing you can come to this is by playing Neymar and Pato with Ganso right behind them. That however, leaves Robinho out who always plays really well for Brasil. So this would entirely depend on form. If Ramires is really a boss then its his midfield to command much like Gilberto Silva and Dunga before him (never mind direct comparisons).

Dani Alves would provide width, Maicon would provide play making. Pick your poison.

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
A couple of years back I would've picked Maicon over Alves anyday if I was a coach, now however, I think Alves would be my preferred option. Not because Maicon has been in a slump, which ended when Leonardo took over anyways, but because Alves has become more of a fucking beast, and has become much more reliable defensively. His crossing has improved as well, but there is still further room for improvement, once he completely masters his crossing, he will be unstoppable...

Maicon is still a fucking machine though

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Again, it depends on what you want, and who is playing next to him. Although, Maicon's defensive abilities have dropped a little, which is worrying considering his top defensive performance isn't all that.

P

PhilS

There is no Hero and Villian.

Nobody is a regular starter for Brazil for now, Menezes is still trying to give opportunity to different players and to find a team that can create the classic element that made Brasil superior. I agree with Meta that the Brasil needs to create this team around the Santos boys, they are sick as hell. If they could find a similar team to the one in 2002 they would be fine, they have a superior defense but their attackers are a lot physically weaker.

Ronaldo and Rivaldo played in front of Ronaldinho and the closest thing you can come to this is by playing Neymar and Pato with Ganso right behind them. That however, leaves Robinho out who always plays really well for Brasil. So this would entirely depend on form. If Ramires is really a boss then its his midfield to command much like Gilberto Silva and Dunga before him (never mind direct comparisons).

Dani Alves would provide width, Maicon would provide play making. Pick your poison.

I'd expect Alves and Luiz to be regulars on the back line. Marcelo will be hard to keep off the team, and there is some fine young Brazilian talent at Shaktar. The 2014 Brazil team will have very few holdovers from the 2010 team. They will be the team to beat.

Home of Barca Fans