Daniel Alves

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
An exaggeration but he was poor with his fks last night...Dani has been a bit sloppy this season, I too wonder where his head has been...Divorce still a lingering issue for him?...Dani is at his best when he plays with that chip on his shoulder too

ivan22

He doesn't want to score a goal.

that's what I'm always thinking. If he scores, then it must be from outside of the box. Maybe he's trying to set up a new record

First player to score all his goals in a season from only the outside of the box :troll:

M

mitkoa7x

Yeah, it annoyed me when he didn't go for goal on that play & instead opted for the high degree of difficulty cross to Leo

Sent from my Galaxy S2

I prefer Leo to get on the score sheet rather than Alves, so does Dani.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I prefer Leo to get on the score sheet rather than Alves, so does Dani.

This may sound like a joke, but it is actually true... Countless times Dani has opted for a pass to Messi when he should have shot, I think he enjoys more seeing Messi score than scoring himself...

Maria

This may sound like a joke, but it is actually true... Countless times Dani has opted for a pass to Messi when he should have shot, I think he enjoys more seeing Messi score than scoring himself...

If he would also opt to let Thiago or Cesc take the freekicks it would be even better.

barcafc

Dani Alves : "I wasn’t too preoccupied with shooting, I simply decided to assist Messi. He had made an important play previously, and I wanted him to score. We’re all happy"

M

mitkoa7x

Goals are meaningless for Dani's game, he needs assists. Leo on the other hand needs goals for countless reasons.

Pepe Silvia

An exaggeration but he was poor with his fks last night...Dani has been a bit sloppy this season, I too wonder where his head has been...Divorce still a lingering issue for him?...Dani is at his best when he plays with that chip on his shoulder too
I didn't expect that kind of comment from you, mate. Alves was fucking BEAST that night. He DID play with a chip on his shoulder (in fact the biggest chip that night next to Valdes) and during the first half while others were dicking around with the ball playing the safe pass and fucking up badly, Alves and Valdes were terrorizing BLev and bullying them (mind you a fucking German team!!!). That says two things A) Don't think because of our soft form lately we will roll over cuz we will get our foots up yo ass!! and B) Applying that tough physical forward game allowed Barca to stay in that game because even though we had possession we weren't doing much accept exploring options, gaining momentum and confidence with tiki taka etc. So his role was vital that night, and I'm sure his divorce is still weighing on him, but it's unfair that you bring it up at this time when he deserves our support and praise for his performance. Do you realize that it's because of him (IMHO) that Messi shined as bright as he did in Europe that night.

Pepe Silvia

This adds to my point in my previous post. Messi and Alves (S American connection) are BOYS and together enjoy complete domination over ANYONE. We had our backs to the wall that night coming off Osa, so with both of them teamed up it was a "let's get eachother going and tear some shit up" type of atmosphere. It is ABSOLUTELY true that Alves wanted Messi to score. Look at his gesture after his goal, it said "see bro, you're the man, I got you fam". I honestly think Alves and co. do their best to keep Messi on the top with his numbers.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
You shouldn't confuse an observation as a lack of support...Dani has another gear to his game, I don't think that's either a criticism or unsupportive

And I do see the merit of Alves supporting Messi by making it his goal to make sure Leo gets a goal...But I don't agree that that should come before scoring and winning for the team...You're in with the keeper 1v1 and you cross a ball into the tightest of spaces?...It worked, I realize, so it's great but I think there's too much cutting back and looking for the high degree of difficulty of goal rather than scoring - which should be what all the players are thinking of in that position

Dani, has an on pitch chemistry that is more symbiotic than perhaps any other player on the team...I can see, just like you, that Alves is willing Leo to show everyone his greatness...I just think he doesn't need to do it everytime, he shouldn't be making that the priority over scoring, you know?

That play was isolated and it was ultimately successful but I seem to recall several nearly identical scenarios this season where Dani simply deferred when in a position to score...I think there's too often too much of that, too much looking for Leo when the attackers should be trying for goal as well

Home of Barca Fans