Daniel Alves

Pepe Silvia

came on, ran the fucking show. exactly what we were missing, him and his magic with messi... should have started. he was the best player out there imo, had the right attitude and defended like a beast too
During our drought earlier in the year, I remember times when Dani and Victor were our strongest players for better parts of matches. When our players (including Messi at times) looked unable to get anything going, those two made it happen and got us back in games by building from the back. I recall crystal clear two games in a row where we were just getting out hustled and having to rely on Victor and Dani to spark the fire.

Ender

Sid Lowe interview with Dani Alves
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/apr/16/dani-alves-barcelona-chelsea

dani-alves-008.jpg

T

tariqo

Talk of being "scared" leads to the 2009 semi-final that casts such a shadow over this clash. Why did Chelsea lose? Alves's answer is direct: "fear." "There's no doubt that was the hardest game we've played," he says. "People say Chelsea would have won but for the referee, but what can we do about that? I think that [in 2009], Chelsea didn't reach the final because of fear. The team that has got a man more, at home, winning 1-0, should have attacked us. Chelsea lacked the courage to take a step forward. Instead, they took a step back and they paid for it. When we saw they were not attacking us, we realised they had renounced the game. They were satisfied with 1-0, they were satisfied but forgot that at 1-1 we were through. All they did was get rid of the ball. They gifted us possession — and the worst thing you can do with Barcelona is give them possession."

the perfect answer :worthy:

gingerless

Talk of being "scared" leads to the 2009 semi-final that casts such a shadow over this clash. Why did Chelsea lose? Alves's answer is direct: "fear." "There's no doubt that was the hardest game we've played," he says. "People say Chelsea would have won but for the referee, but what can we do about that? I think that [in 2009], Chelsea didn't reach the final because of fear. The team that has got a man more, at home, winning 1-0, should have attacked us. Chelsea lacked the courage to take a step forward. Instead, they took a step back and they paid for it. When we saw they were not attacking us, we realised they had renounced the game. They were satisfied with 1-0, they were satisfied but forgot that at 1-1 we were through. All they did was get rid of the ball. They gifted us possession — and the worst thing you can do with Barcelona is give them possession."

:worthy:

M

mitkoa7x

a gentleman and a scholar :worthy:

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma

:worthy: :worthy: :alves:

X

xaviniesta

he always gives the best answers.

"When Dani Alves runs up the pitch, he meets himself running back down it."

thats probably the best thing i've ever heard.

Home of Barca Fans